Profile for Areilia Skyes > Reviews

Content by Areilia Skyes

Areilia Skyes "Rei" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Batman Eclipse Light
Batman Eclipse Light
Offered by Findmeagift

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge up, only works when plugged in, 9 April 2016
This review is from: Batman Eclipse Light (Toy)
The light looks great when switched on and against a wall, however it does not charge as claimed, it only works when plugged in, and this ruins the entire look of the light. It is therefore being used as an ornament rather than a light.

UniBond 1855957 Go Fill Kiwi - 100 ml, White
UniBond 1855957 Go Fill Kiwi - 100 ml, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick to normal filler, 18 Nov. 2015
I wanted something to fill the gap between the floor and skirting boards and I thought this would be easier to use than a normal filler gun. At first it worked OK, I managed to fill along one wall with no problems, the filler came out of the can at a steady rate, allowing me to easily run it along the entire length of the wall and get an even finish. The problems started when I came to the second wall, when the filler started coming out from underneath the nozzle instead of through the nozzle, meaning it couldn't be used. It couldn't be fixed so ended up in the bin. I'll be sticking to normal filler guns in future.

Russell Hobbs Fridge, 45 Litre, Black
Russell Hobbs Fridge, 45 Litre, Black
Offered by Electrical Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Suitable only for chilling roughly 5 items, 18 Nov. 2015
I bought this fridge while I was lodging so that I didn't need to take up space in my landlords fridge and although it did the job for the few months that I needed it, I would not recommend this fridge.

After reading reviews stating that you can fit more in it than you would think, I was disappointed to find the space inside is extremely limited and at times I struggled to fit in salad items to last me 2 days! This is not helped by the fact that any items placed under the freezer box end up half frozen, so this is just wasted space and limits the available space even more.

Although it functions perfectly fine as a fridge and keeps my items chilled, the freezer box is a whole other story, as I found out after storing a small tub of ice cream which completely melted. I tried turning the temperature down slightly but this just resulted in half-freezing the entire contents of the fridge whilst still not keeping my ice-cream frozen. As a result of experimentation to try to achieve the correct temperature I have wasted a lot of perfectly good food!

In addition to the above points the fridge is very noisy, and makes some really loud and strange bubbling and gurgling noises which can be heard all round a 3 story house. Much noisier than a proper full sized fridge.

In conclusion, if you only need to store a handful of chilled items this fridge might work out for you, but it you need to keep anything frozen or consume mainly fresh food then it will not suit your needs at all. Personally I don't think it's worth the money at all, I would expect much better for this price.

Simple Kind To Eyes Make-Up Corrector Pen
Simple Kind To Eyes Make-Up Corrector Pen
Offered by RangePlus Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful product if you're clumsy with makeup, 26 April 2015
I bought this product because I have a habit of getting mascara on my eyelid. I usually use a cotton bud dipped in makeup remover to remove this but I find it difficult to do so without touching my eyelashes and ending up with them stuck together. This pen is a much better way of removing makeup mistakes!

The tip of the pen looks like a white felt tip pen, and tapers to a nice point so you can be very precise with it, this means I'm easily able to remove mascara mistakes without ruining the mascara on my lashes. You have to be careful if what you're removing is really thick or dark, because in this case it can just smudge it at first rather than removing it, and you then need to find a clean side of the pen to remove the remainder with.

The instructions tell you to clean the pen after every use with a facial wipe - I don't do this as it would work out very expensive, but I do try to keep it as clean as possible by wiping it with a tissue after each use. It does look very dirty very quickly, and this results in more smudges when you're trying to remove makeup, and after a while it will not come clean. However, the tip of the pen is double sided, so you can pull it out and turn it around so you have a brand new clean tip to use, which makes it last a lot longer.

Overall I do think this is a good product, I find it very useful and I think it's worth the price.

ResultSport® Level 1 Foam Padded Weighted 1.2kg Fitness Exercise Hula Hoop
ResultSport® Level 1 Foam Padded Weighted 1.2kg Fitness Exercise Hula Hoop
Offered by ResultSport

1.0 out of 5 stars A flawed hoop, 6 April 2015
I spent a lot of time looking at different hoops before deciding on this one. I mainly chose this because I wanted a good quality weighted hoop, but didn't want the bumpy bits that some have which serve no purpose other than to cause a lot of bruising. After reading the reviews this seemed like a good choice, but boy was I wrong!

The hoop comes in sections which fit together, which I thought was good because then you can pack it away and store it in a relatively small space. It was easy enough to put together, however the construction of the whole thing is just shoddy. When I fit the pieces together the foam padding doesn't line up right so there are small gaps in the padding between some sections, and it's scrunched up between other sections. But the worst part is that the sections don't fit together securely and I'm only able to do about a minute of hooping before one of them works it's way free and I have to stop and put it back together again. I'm extremely disappointed as if it weren't for this pretty major flaw, it seems like a good hoop.

The Food Bible: The Ultimate Reference Book for Food and Your Health
The Food Bible: The Ultimate Reference Book for Food and Your Health
by Judith Wills

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Nutritional Reference, 29 April 2012
I've been doing a course in nutrition and bought this book (along with a few others) as extra references to broaden my knowledge, and this has turned out to be the most useful book I've ever bought.

It is very well written in a way that is easy to understand whether you have any or no nutritional knowledge. It's well presented and the layout is well thought out and makes it very easy to quickly find exactly what you're looking for.

The book covers everything from basic explanations of different food types and their roles, to using food to combat illnesses and disorders, and nutritional values of different foods, and does so in a way that never becomes boring or patronising. It contains guidelines for healthy eating for different age groups and a very handy chart of the nutritional contents or many different foods. There are also some recipes included, all of which have their nutritional content listed which makes it easy to know exactly what is in the finished dish.

All in all this is a very handy reference whether you're looking to broaden your knowledge or simply improve your own health through nutrition.

Jason Natural Products Tea Tree Gel 120 ml
Jason Natural Products Tea Tree Gel 120 ml
Offered by All Mall Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product with So Many Uses, 18 April 2012
I first bought this product when I was diagnosed with a fungal skin infection that didn't go away after the course of steroid cream I was prescribed. I knew that tea tree had anti-fungal properties so I looked around for a gel I could use to treat the infection and found this one seemed to be the best value for money for the amount you get.

The packaging is very convenient with it's flip-top lid, and the gel is a lovely thick consistency which spreads really easily over my skin. Unlike most tea tree products I've tried this one actually feels really moisturising so I don't have any worries about it drying my skin out. It cleared up my infection in just over a weeks use and I've been using it since, every time I feel the infection coming back (my doctor did warn me that since I've had it once it was likely to keep recurring), and it stops it before it has a chance to fully appear again.

I now use this for all sorts of other things, it's so soothing and cooling on my skin. I use it on razor rash and irritation from waxing and ingrown hairs and it soothes my skin no end. I also dab it on spots and it takes them down much quicker than anything else I've tried, without drying out the surrounding skin. Wouldn't be without it now!

Bio-Oil 60ml Twin Pack
Bio-Oil 60ml Twin Pack
Offered by Adams Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be sceptical, it really does work!, 29 Aug. 2010
This is a fantastic product which I wish I'd tried sooner! I'd been hearing for so long how great it was at getting rid of scars, but was always sceptical so waited ages to actually buy it. It feels nice to use, and whilst it is an oil, it doesn't leave a greasy feeling on the skin, so I can safely use it on my oily skin and not have to worry about it making it worse. The main reason I wanted the oil was to get rid of some awful purple scars that I've had on my legs for a couple of years now, and after using the oil for just a couple of weeks I could already see a major difference! After using it every day for the last few months the scars are now hardly noticeable at all and I couldn't be happier. I will definitely be buying a bigger bottle next time so I can use it on all my other scars and blemishes. It really does work!

Korres Milk Soap for Stressed Skin 2x40 g
Korres Milk Soap for Stressed Skin 2x40 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cleanser for Sensitised Skins, 15 April 2010
These soaps represent fantastic value for money. Each one lasts about 2 months using twice a day on the face and neck, and the packaging is really handy. The soap is great for sensitive skin, reducing inflammation and calming brilliantly. It's mild and gentle but still cleans really thoroughly without leaving you with that horrible tight skin feeling usually associated with soap. It lathers surprisingly well and gives a lovely thick, soft lather to wash with, which feels really nice, and it has an inoffensive, subtle creamy scent. It had calmed down my super-sensitised skin within a week of beginning to use it, so I really couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Victoria Frances Square Calendar 2010 - Officially Licensed
Victoria Frances Square Calendar 2010 - Officially Licensed
by Pyramid International
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but not practical, 15 April 2010
There's no denying that the pictures in this calendar are stunningly beautiful. I absolutely adore the artwork and am really pleased with the overall look of the calendar, however, the calendar pages don't seem to have been given as much thought. The calendar has no grid or structure, it's simply a large number for each day of the month, with very little room to write anything, and no clear idea of what would actually correspond to each day, i.e. do you write below the number or to one side of the number? Either way there's not enough space and if you want to write more than one word it will end up overlapping onto another day and looking really scruffy. Not a very well organised calendar at all.

Page: 1 | 2