Profile for Jody > Reviews

Content by Jody

Jody

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Delirium (Delirium Trilogy 1) (Delirium Series)
Delirium (Delirium Trilogy 1) (Delirium Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to the trilogy, 17 May 2015
I initially found this a bit slow but the ending was a very fast pace and I am about to buy the next instalment now.

Three Amazing Things About You
Three Amazing Things About You

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't feel as if it was Jill Mansell writing, 28 April 2015
Jill Mansell has been my ultimate favourite author for over a decade. She has the ability to make you laugh, cry and scream at the book, and her particular gift is making you feel like you know the characters.
Her past two book a however have not been of the same material I am used to reading from her. It genuinely seems as if it is written by somebody else. It took me over a week to finish this book an I had no attachment to the characters or story. Usually I will read her books in a day or two but I was bored with this. I hate writing bad reviews so gave it two stars as the author is amazing and doesn't deserve one. Hopefully her next book will be back to her usual standard.

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls)
Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one day... gripping story, 29 Mar. 2015
This is the first book I have read by Melinda Leigh and will certainly not be my last. The plot thickened with every chapter and kept me guessing until the end. The story of the bullying was heart-breaking and made you think about how people deal with this issue and the best way to deal with it. The building romance between the two main characters was well-written and I love the chemistry. A must read, I couldn't put it down.

Irresistible
Irresistible

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the first!, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Irresistible (Kindle Edition)
Although I did not love the first book of this series, I thought I would give the second book a try and I am glad I did. The story was interesting from the start and I love the build up of romance between the hero and the heroine. I couldn't put the book down and found myself rage to finish work early to come home and continue reading.

Scandalous (Banning Sisters Trilogy)
Scandalous (Banning Sisters Trilogy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 21 Feb. 2015
I love Karen Robards and can never put her books down, reading them into the small hours until finished. This book however bored me and took me over a week to finish. The first half of the book was very slow but the second half began to get interesting, but still wasn't on par with Robards' usual standard.

Shiver (New Orleans thrillers Book 3)
Shiver (New Orleans thrillers Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 23 Jan. 2015
A great read with action from the onset. It was a fast paced story and I loved the chemistry between the two main characters. I would have liked to have read a little epilogue but that's just my personal preference for books like this.

Nobody's Angel
Nobody's Angel

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Robards., 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Nobody's Angel (Kindle Edition)
This story had me reading into the small hours. I really liked the characters in this story, with each of the sisters personalities adding a bit of spice. The passion that built up and unfolded between the main characters was well written and their passion was great. I did think the ending was a little rushed and this is why I am only giving it 4 stars.

Sarah's Child (Mills & Boon Cherish)
Sarah's Child (Mills & Boon Cherish)

3.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming read, 28 Dec. 2014
I enjoyed reading this book and it kept me reading into the small hours. But, although it is a good read in that it made you feel and sympathise with the hero, I felt there wasn't a very meaty storyline.

Angel Creek
Angel Creek

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great by Howard, 29 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Angel Creek (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this one down and was reading into the small hours. I loved the connection between the two main characters, and how there were a few bidding romances to get engaged with. I particularly liked how this story made a brief link with another Howard book 'lady of the west' and how you then remember other
stories set around this time. The plot was interesting and I loved the action scene near the end. The only reason I find give five as because the epilogue was little rushed.

A Lady of the West
A Lady of the West

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed from start to finish, 8 Nov. 2014
A thoroughly good read! There were many central characters in this story, all of which added to the exciting plot. They all had their own parts to play and it was great to see not just one romance taking centre stage , but another few. I really enjoyed reading about all of the different characters as well as the main hero and heroine. A lot had happened in the book and that was before I was even half way. The story continues to build and there are many shocks in store. A great read that I could read again and again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3