Profile for john o'keeffe > Reviews

Content by john o'keeffe

john o'keeffe "johnny" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Russell Hobbs Power Cyclonic Lightweight and Compact Vacuum Cleaner
Russell Hobbs Power Cyclonic Lightweight and Compact Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Anything 4 Home
Price: 49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly useless, 4 Oct 2013
I have had this vacuum cleaner just over three months now & can safely say that I have never had such a useless piece of junk ever... It has barely any suction power what so ever to the extreme that it even struggles to suck up even heavy pieces of household dust & the pipe attachments are constantly falling apart from each other in the end I had to tape them together, the filter is constantly blocking up & needs cleaning after every use this vacuum cleaner was a complete waste of money... Yes it's cheap but cheap for a reason trust me save your money this vacuum cleaner is Truly useless.

One For All Digital Amplified Indoor Aerial (38DB) DVB-T
One For All Digital Amplified Indoor Aerial (38DB) DVB-T
Offered by DiscountDiscs
Price: 17.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 14 April 2013
This one for all indoor aerial does anything but give you "crystal clear reception" as it is put on it's box. It receives plenty of channels when searching via your TV however most of the channels suffer from interference consistently & as for the HD channels such as BBC1, BBC2 & Chanel 4 HD it's just consistent interference so bad you can't even work out the picture. considering this aerial has built in filters & amplifier it gives very poor reception indeed & I would personally advise saving your money.

The Masters Series: Hernan Cattaneo
The Masters Series: Hernan Cattaneo

5.0 out of 5 stars A dream listen from start to finish, 8 Oct 2012
One of the first things that struck me about this latest Renaissance masters compilation from Hernan Cattaneo was the fact that it was very different from his previous masterful compilations in a sense that the sound he chose was very laid back mellow and dreamy & was a dream listen from start to finish. As usual Hernan has put a lot of hard work into his latest Masters series with a lot of the tracks in it produced by himself and fellow producers that sound fantastic & all blend together in great harmony. I think it is more than safe to say that yet again the master of the Master series has again mastered it with another fantastic Renaissance compilation.

Renaissance: The Masters Series
Renaissance: The Masters Series
Price: 10.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 15 Oct 2011
I have been greatly looking forward to this new Renaissance masters compilation from Dave Seaman for weeks now. However having listened to both CD's I think I can safely say that I was a little disappointed in the style of sounds Dave has chosen. I understand that it's part of a superstar DJ's job to make there sounds different & change the style of dance music from one compilation to the next, but I really feel that the style of music that MR Seaman has gone for on this New Masters CD is quite frankly un-exhilarating to slow & a bit boring.For me Renaissance compilations are about uplifting dance music that just makes you want to put on your best wardrobe & hit the clubs this one failed to do that I'm afraid.

Stanley Fat Max Knife with 10 Fatmax Blades In Gift Box Sta298540
Stanley Fat Max Knife with 10 Fatmax Blades In Gift Box Sta298540

4.0 out of 5 stars A good knife but a bit fiddly, 9 Jan 2011
I found this Stanley knife to be a very good knife in terms of cutting well & also it has a comfortable grip & a nice design. However the blade access bit is a little bit fiddly, but apart from that it's a good knife that is well designed nice & light & well packaged to.

Stanley FatMax Snap Off Knife 25mm STA010486
Stanley FatMax Snap Off Knife 25mm STA010486
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd
Price: 12.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 23 Dec 2010
I deeply regret buying this Stanley knife for the simple reason that every time you use the knife the blades slip out the end of the knife's casing. I found I was spending more time having to put the blades back in to the knife then actually cutting with it. And also the blades slide button was far from effective as nearly every time you pull the button back to pull the blade back in to the knifes casing the blade would detach from the button & stay stuck out of the knife. This knife is Useless!

Renaissance: The Masters Series - Hernan Cattaneo, Parallel
Renaissance: The Masters Series - Hernan Cattaneo, Parallel

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect Parallel, 9 July 2010
Having eagerly awaited for this new Renaissance Masters by the the king of House Hernan Cattaneo I think I can safely say that the wait has been more then worth it. One of the things I have admired about Hernan Cattaneo is his ability to be different with his work & he sure has done that with this latest edition to the collection of Masters series compilations. CD1/Day is a fantastic laid back chillout mix with some really fascinating tracks thrown in there what with Guy J - dust, Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile feat. Tomomi Ukumori - Crisp, Hernan Cattaneo & John Tonks - one 0 five, just a few that really rocked for me.

As for CD2/Night a more upbeat full-on vibe that I was really impressed with, the Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile tracks were out of this world, & Quivver's boom boom & Guy J's Ultra Violet remix was banging. To say what my favourite track on this compilation was would be impossible there all so mind blowingly good. Well yet again Hernan has created an enjoyable listen & I would recommend this compilation to anybody in to this style of music.

Renaissance: The Masters Series - Life
Renaissance: The Masters Series - Life

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable listen from start to finish, 24 April 2010
Having felt a little let down by the past two Renaissance Masters Series by both Gui Boratto & Mr Seaman I think I can safely say that this new edition to the the Masters series by James Zabiela does not fit that category. A DJ renowned for having the ability to fuse together many different styles of dance music whether it be House, Progressive House, Breaks, Tech House or Trance, James certainly proves that ability on this fantastic compilation. Disc 1 was a little experimental in certain areas (which is a good thing) with the added touch of deep vocals along the way. The tracks that got my attention had to be, Burnt Bridges - James Zabiela, Bootpacker Alpha - R3volve, Sunrise - And They Turn Into Stones. However CD 2 for me was the real Masters series kicking of with the hugely mellow intro of Swimming Through The Blue Lagoon - Sally Shapiro, as well as other treats such as, Long Way From Home - Vince Watson, I Feel Love - Gui Boratto, Blame - James Zabiela, I Am Dead - Jori - Hulkkonen & Colours. For me this new Masters Series had to be the best work by JZ to date, I found both CD's a very fascinating & enjoyable listen from start to finish.

MaxiNutrition formerly Maximuscle Promax 60 g Chocolate Recover and Rebuild Bars - Box of 12
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 17 Mar 2010
I like theses meal bars from Maximuscle a lot. They taste great & fight hunger very well. The troble I had with them was that they taste so good I wanted to eat more then the recommended amount. But overall very good stuff!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2010 12:40 PM BST

Renaissance: The Mix Collection - M.A.N.D.Y.
Renaissance: The Mix Collection - M.A.N.D.Y.
Offered by Hausmusik
Price: 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance, 8 Mar 2010
I loved this impressive Renaissance performance Mix By Mandy, it was rare different, rare & exhilarating. I just only hope it will only be a matter of time before Mandy produce another most entertaining mix compilation for Renaissance. The track choice chosen was fantastic & the mixing styles were spot-on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5