Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Sweden)

Brambly Hedge: The Classic Collection [DVD]
Brambly Hedge: The Classic Collection [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT purchase: charming entertaining affordable!!, 2 Nov 2009
Previously having to settle with just my one worn VHS of Autumn/Winter Story, I bought this DVD from Amazon UK in 2006, and it has brought me and my entire family (including my retired old mother) SO much delight and a longing to see more of these wonderful animated films that unfortunately are STILL too hard (=impossible in Sweden)to find!!!

Just like in the books, the world of Brambly Hedge is inviting, the settings highly detailed, the stories are charming and teach good values in a non-preachy manner while also managing to instill an awareness of the cycle of seasons and appreciation for the wonders of nature. Highly recommended to those who embrace nature-oriented spiritual paths.

A brilliantly crafted production, the animation, music and voices are just perfect. An image gallery and English subtitles are the only extras though but we were only after the films anyway.

Recently I was given Wind In The Willows as a box set, which sparked renewed hopes of the other animated Brambly Hedge stories being re-released for EVERYONE to enjoy this time around. I've also noticed - in my personal opinion - much, much less deserving children's shows are each year being released on DVD by the truckload that nonetheless seem to be selling quite well (only to be given away or discarded after a few months)... This one's a keeper folks.

So why not give these magical adaptations of Jill Barklem's creations the chance to enchant a new audience both young and old?! Maybe if lots of people buy this collection and write good reviews we'll get to see a full re-release soon! :)

Returner: Yami No Shuen 1
Returner: Yami No Shuen 1
Offered by samurai_media_JPN4UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic single, great 2-disc deal!!, 18 Aug 2009
About a month after I became completely hooked on the music of GACKT, I was given this 2-disc single for my birthday. Although shipped all the way from Japan the CD was VERY promptly delivered to me in Sweden by Amazon UK and the price and service was very good as usual.
"Returner ~yami no shuuen~" was the first GACKT song I heard on Japanese internet radio and it remains a favorite although it now has fierce competition from other terrific songs like "Ghost" or "Fragrance" as well as his latest single "The Next Decade" the theme of the new movie "Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker" in which he stars as Riderman.
I recommend THIS version of the single as you get a second disc containing the fantastic music video for "Returner ~yami no shuuen~" that with it's battle scenes and detailed period costumes looks inspired by his memorable appearance in the 2007 TV series "Fuurin Kazan".
Also I find it worth noting that apart from the ubiquitous instrumental track the bonus songs are unusually good for being recorded live: this single's Drug Party tour version of "Cube" can even be considered superior to the studio version!

Rebirth
Rebirth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 18 Aug 2009
This review is from: Rebirth (Audio CD)
"Rebirth" is a good but in my opinion not a very strong and cohesive album. "The Sixth Day" singles collection and the album "Diabolos" indeed would be a better introduction to GACKT's amazing vocal and songwriting talents. Personally I listen _regularly_ to about five of the tracks on "Rebirth".
That being said, I believe the value of the good tracks far outweigh the weaker ones and a true GACKT fan would never want to be without this album containing the haunting "Secret Garden", the foot-tapping theme "Marmalade" that I've listened to all summer, and of course that wonderful Valentine's Day pop song "Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru Koto"!

12 Love Songs 2002
12 Love Songs 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Good single, misnamed here, 18 Aug 2009
This review is from: 12 Love Songs 2002 (Audio CD)
The title of this single is not "12 Love Songs" but "Juuni Gatsu no Love Song" or in English "December Love Song". Inspired by the tragic events of 9/11, GACKT recorded this song in English, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, as far as I know. It is a beautiful song to inspire a Christmas mood but I listen to it all year round.
Check out other singles and albums by the amazingly talented GACKT here on Amazon UK, and you will never regret discovering this charismatic performer's rich voice and poetic lyrics!