Profile for Lloyd Anderson > Reviews

Content by Lloyd Anderson

Lloyd Anderson "Lloyd" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
Offered by IDSS

4.0 out of 5 stars I was a little bit let down, 29 April 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The hype surrounding this game was in one word, ridiculous. This game is indeed good, but not nearly as good as some have been preaching. This is by no means, the perfect game.

Pros:
-Characters are believable, well voiced, and engaging (especially Elizabeth)
-Story is intriguing while it lasts
-Skylines are great fun to play with
-Fantastic set pieces and music
-Columbia is a fantasic setting
-Skyhook executions
-Beautiful graphics and design

Cons:
-Personally, I did not find the gameplay to be anything special. It even ended up trying to rush the combat segments to get back to the story. It did not get the balance. Despite there being an array of guns and vigors, I only used 2 of each throughout the entire game. I never felt like I had to use anything else.
-Ultimately, the story is not very satisfying, and is more convoluted than it needed to be. It felt like they were so determened to end it with a twist, they forget to make a fun game around it.
-Segments of the game are very repetitive and dull, revolving around killing the same enimies and going through the same areas.
-Huge lack of any choices that impact the story
-While Columbia is a fantastic setting, it does not feel very alive, it feels like you are being taken on a rollar coaster ride with no other depth to it.
-Painfully short, I completed this is one sitting, there is not much else to do once completing it. There are no new game+ options, only difficulty settings.

Conclusion:
While certainly being a good game, I could not help but feel like they were so focused on telling a story that they forgot to make the game fun, or even make sense at some points. I would still recommend that you pick this one up, but dont go in expecting anything mindblowing like I was.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 7:03 PM BST

Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Cache Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth a purchase!, 29 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
As a huge fan of Dead Space 1 & 2, I was very much looking forward to the release of this game. And I have to say, I am not the least bit dissapointed. If there was one way to describe the Dead Space series, it would be this:
Dead Space 1 = Alien, Dead Space 2 = Aliens, Dead Space 3 = Aliens 3 if it were not complete s***.

Pros:
-Fantastic voice acting (if sometimes cheesy) and motion capture
-Best weapon crafting I have ever seen in a game
-A very nice length, this game has A LOT of content
-Gameplay is very, very fun
-Co-op is integrated perfectly into the game
-May not be as 'creepy' as the previous games, but it feels like the way the universe and characters have evolved is fitting with this setting
-A huge variety of New Game+ options to add even more replayability
-The whole 'micro transactions' thing is completely non important, the game is completely playable without spending any extra money
-Wonderful cinematic sequences (especially the ones in space)
-Side quests lengthen the gameplay time
-Suprisingly good score

Cons-
-EA made this game have an online pass for some reason
-Some of the story beats are forced, and some character reactions exaggerated
-Maybe would have liked to see a bigger variety of enimies (there are a load, there are not that many new enimies though)
-In co-op you can become very overpowered even on higher difficulties
-Some minor back tracking

Cons:
While missing some of the things introduced in the first two, Dead Space 3 introduces enough set pieces and fun gameplay to make it a worth its price. So far, this is my favourite game of the year.

Halo Wars (Xbox 360)
Halo Wars (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game, 29 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Halo Wars (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I was sceptical about this game, and have had virtually no experience with other more complex RTS games. However, ever since my purchase back in 2010, this has been one of my favourite games of all time.

Pros:
-Fantastically satisying to play, easy to control
-Story may not be anything special, but the cinematic value is off the scales
-Co-op campaign is great fun
-Really great multiplayer that actually requires some kind of skill, (and I usually hate competitive multiplayer)
-Believe it or not it still has quite an active fanbase that play it regularly, so the multiplayer still works well
-Balanced units

Cons:
-Campaign might be a bit too short for some
-Might be considered a bit too 'dumbed down', especially for veteran RTS fans

Conclusion:
It might not be everyones cup of tea, but I absolutely adore this game. I hope that one day a Halo Wars 2 will be made...

Crysis 3 - Hunter Edition (Xbox 360)
Crysis 3 - Hunter Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by 101Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Game I have Played in a Long Time, 14 Mar. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Mirrors Edge, Brink, Aliens Colonial Marines. I see Crysis 3 on the same level of these awful games. But dont get me wrong, I really enjoyed Crysis 2, it was a fun experience. For me at least, this is everything I hate about modern gaming. Take a good sequel (crysis 2) then take the EXACT same game and make a few new maps. This is as awful as MW3 was. It is a mindless copy and paste, glitchy as hell, and looks absolutely awful on the consoles. Get a good game over this, skip it at all costs. If I could give a game a 0/5, I would give it to this.

Life of Pi [DVD]
Life of Pi [DVD]
Dvd ~ Suraj Sharma

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most beautiful and thought provoking films I have ever seen., 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Life of Pi [DVD] (DVD)
I read about half of the book a year ago and gave up, it just wasn't grabbing me. But this film is easily my favourite film of 2012. I have heard some ridiculous critisism of this film saying it is too 'boring', they could not be more wrong. Believe me when I say this film is an emotional and beautiful experience. Please do yourself a favour and give this a go, the soundtrack is great too!

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY THIS MOVIE!, 24 Jan. 2013
Dredd is a great movie. A really great movie. However, this movie completely bombed at the box office, only making about 30 million of the 50 million dollar budget last time I checked. But despite this, if enough people buy the DVD, they might be able to make a sequel. Now to the movie Pros and Cons:

Pros:
Carl Urban is really great as Judge Dredd
Not afraid to show uber uber violence
Amazing action scenes
Tight, interesting story
Makes Zack Snyder look like a hack, seeing as the slow motion actually has a purpose and is not over used
Amazing boss baddy character that is not over exaggerated and has realistic motivations

Cons:
Apart from looking nice, the lady Jugde character doesnt have much to do (nit picky I know)
Its too bad the Raid Redemption came out before this

Overall:
Please buy this movie, it is really worth it and made me care about the Dredd character for the first time. Full Price!

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than My Little Pony, 17 Jan. 2013
I was told that My Little Pony is a better trilogy than lord of the rings, but James could not have been more wrong. Apart from Gollum overacting, and it being so nice to watch, and everything is perfect in this film, it is awful. Buy this trilogy but be warned because the ewoks are really awful. Thanks George Lucas, Instant 5 stars.

WII COMPONENT CABLE
WII COMPONENT CABLE
Offered by Buwicoeu

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, but lacks a certain charm, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: WII COMPONENT CABLE (Electronics)
I needed this to play my playstation 1 through my wii, it worked, well I think it works. Is says it works on the back of the box, so instant 5 stars. I only wish it was made from solid gold, instant 4 stars actually.

Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good toothbrush, 17 Jan. 2013
This is a very good battery, it slides along your radio until it is working properly. Make sure you buy about 13 of these or they will work properly, thank you again Billy Mays, instant 5 stars.

Elgato Game Capture HD, Xbox and PlayStation High Definition Game Recorder for Mac and PC, Full HD 1080p

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for doing things that you want, 17 Jan. 2013
I needed a way of making a recording of my halo 1 lets play, so I could put it in my private movie, but I plugged it into my tv and it worked straight away. I dont have a laptop but I know it works because I read the back of the case, thanks again Elgar, instant 5 stars

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6