Profile for Michael D > Reviews

Michael D "mrgames"

Anisha's Adventures in Bangladesh
Anisha's Adventures in Bangladesh
by Moinul Islam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & educational book, even learnt few facts myself., 20 Nov 2012
My older daughter has quite a few Bangladeshi friends at school but if you ask her what she knows about their country she wouldn't be able to say much. That is why I thought this book may be very helpful in understanding their culture and I was right, on the way even learnt few facts myself. "Anisha's Adventures in Bangladesh" is not only fun but also educational at the same time book.

Anisha is a very cute 6 year old who live in small village of Kashimpur in Bangladesh together with her family and a pony called Chloe. First we explore her world, her habits, every day life and school. Then we follow her on her extraordinary adventures, flying across other parts of the country and taking photos, when she finally gets her magic wish she has asked for her birthday.

The book finishes with Anisha's words: " I wonder where my next adventure will take me?" We also wonder... and we can't wait to read more (!)

Gembird HDMI Female to Female Gender Changer with Gold Plated Connectors
Gembird HDMI Female to Female Gender Changer with Gold Plated Connectors
Offered by MI-EShop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extends you hdmi cable securely, 23 Jan 2012
As previously stated HDMI is a digital connection, there is no scale of quality, one cannot be better than another, either it works or it doesn't.

What I did find with this coupler is that the connection is quite snug, much more so than the connection on my devices. I don't have anything to compare it against, but I'm quite happy with the security of the connection.

After ordering this coupler I happened to be in the vicinity of a Maplins store, out of curiosity I went in to find the price of their HDMI couplers... only £12.99

At £1.45 I must give this one 5 stars. Excellent value.

TRUST TB-4200 WIRELESS SCROLL TABLET
TRUST TB-4200 WIRELESS SCROLL TABLET

4.0 out of 5 stars A good tablet at a great price, 6 Oct 2005
At this price point there is no way you can fault the guys at trust, it does the job more than adequately. The pen feels better than the older model, it's well balanced and weighted. I'd say though it's a bit to easy to click while drawing, but that may be because of the way I grip my pen.
If you're looking for more precision and control(and can afford it) then absolutely buy a wacom but if you're like my on a budget this tablet absolves itself well.
Beware as of today (06-10-05) trust has not yet released an updated driver for CS2 although they have assured me that a release is iminent. So for now it is not of much use if you are using CS2 (it will work but no dynamics).

Photoshop® CS Accelerated: A Full-Color Guide
Photoshop® CS Accelerated: A Full-Color Guide
by Youngjin.com

3.0 out of 5 stars For new photoshop users, 6 Oct 2005
I was slightly dissapointed when I opened this book, not that it was bad, but because I was looking for more of a how to guide. I'd reccomend it if you've never used photoshop before, and want to know what each tool, filters, modes etc, does. It includes full color illustrations and dozens of examples. On the other hand if you are looking for solutions and technique then there a much better buys out there.

The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for photoshop users, 6 Oct 2005
This is the first time i've read a user guide cover to cover. It shows you step by step how to achieve the subtle to the most complex effects and fixes in the digital darkroom. It is, simple, clear, makes no assumptions of you skill level and most of all it's fun.
highly recommended for all photoshop users.

Rio Carbon 5Gb MP3 HDD Player Silver
Rio Carbon 5Gb MP3 HDD Player Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipod killer?, 22 April 2005
If you are looking for an mp3 player that fits in with the crowd by all means go get yourself an ipod mini, but before you do so consider this.
At the same price as the ipod, this beautiful unit gives you 1gb more space to start with, which equates to about 200 more songs in your pocket. Sound quality is superb and battery life is excellent.
Ergonomically this piece of kit was designed well, with the sensibly placed scroll wheel and navigation buttons I only ever need one hand for all operations.
If you buy music off the internet (I prefer buying Cd's and ripping them to WMP 10.0) you won't be restricted to using itunes. With support for WMA DRM you'll have no problems buying tunes from websites of your choice. You don't necessarily have to install extra software to transfer music, as it is compatible with Windows Media Player.
My complaints? Some issues with .WPL playlists it only supports m3u playlists, I hope this issue will be addressed with a fimrware upgrade as I refuse to install additional software to handle playlists.There is a way around this but I won't get into it here.
All in all I am very impressed with this player, and have handed my ipod to my not too impressed son.