Profile for Mrs. Karen L. Russell > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Karen L. ...

Mrs. Karen L. Russell

Real Confidence: Stop Feeling Small and Start Being Brave (Psychologies Magazine)
by Psychologies Magazine

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best self-help books I have read., 4 Mar. 2016
• I liked the way information was presented - boxes, headings and eye-catching quotes.
• I find most self-help books start well, but go downhill rapidly, becoming tedious and repetitive. I did however, enjoy Real Confidence all the way through, as it provided tips from the beginning and tied all the themes together very competently at the end. The key information was very accessible.
• The breadth and depth were right for me. I appreciated the scientific theory cited – it didn’t feel too detailed or heavy.
• I found the influence of early years’ experiences and the limbic system’s effect on emotion very interesting.
• The idea of the 3 circles of confidence really resonated. As with everything else, it’s all about balance. The concept recognises the value and skill of listening.
• I absolutely loved what was said about those who spend so much time promoting themselves on social media!
• The direct (say-it-as-it-is) tone of the book was refreshing.
• The theme of developing confidence as a continuous process, with learning as an integral part, was very uplifting. I was left with the belief that continuously developing confidence is one aspect of living a healthy, happy and fulfilled life.
• The single strand that didn’t work for me was the quizzes. Neither the questions nor the available answers seemed a good fit, with the exception of "What kind of confidence do you have?"

Russia 1855-1991: From Tsars to Commissars (Oxford Advanced History)
Russia 1855-1991: From Tsars to Commissars (Oxford Advanced History)
by Peter Oxley

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 1 Sept. 2010
I've said enough by giving it 5 stars! If reviewing continues to be so tedious, I won't do it in future.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 19 Jan. 2010
Recommended by consultant dermatologist to prevent melasma. I apply it every day, but hard to tell how effective it has been so far, as it's the middle of winter.