Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Andrew James Coffee, Nut and Spice Grinder - Powerful 150Watt, Stainless Steel Blades
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee to my needs!, 19 July 2013
I like Turkish coffee, but I couldn't find some decent Turkish coffee where I live now. At the same time, I like to drink normal coffee using an Italian coffee pot, which is great. This machine has provided me with the chance to have Turkish coffee again or do the coffee the Italian way. So if I wan't a fine ground coffee, I'd go for full 30 seconds, and I'd get some nice coffee that is good for Turkish coffee. If I want it to go Italian, I'd grind for 20 seconds. I have not tried it on nuts yet,

On a side note. This was a part of multi-item order from Andrew James. When the order arrived, all items were there except the coffee grinder. I contacted Andrew James, and they sent one via Express international Royal mail (I live outside the UK). It arrived the following day!! Few days later, DHL delivered another one, which turned around to be the original item from the big order. Upon contacting Andrew James, they told me to keep it as a good gesture from them. It was a good gesture, indeed!

Andrew James 2.5 Litre Powerful Food Processor - 700 Watt - Juicer Attachment Included - 10 Speed + Pulse Action

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient!, 19 July 2013
It does its job, with multiple speed. It is a powerful machine and produces result to your satisfaction. At the same time, it is not that heavy. Very pleased with this item.

Andrew James Premium Bread Maker With Automatic Ingredients / Nut And Raisin Dispenser - Includes 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it had worked., 19 July 2013
We were excited about this one considering reviews and price. Most of the time, we didn't have a problem with raising the bread, but it always came plain white from the top, even when we bake it with dark crust option. Another problem was that the kneading blade used to always stick in the loaf. One time, my wife forgot to remove it, and threw it away with the one loaf that didn't work! I live outside the UK, so even though the replacement blade was around 6 pounds, I had to pay 15 pounds for shipping!!

I contacted Andrew James about the pale color of the loafs, and they suggest to replace it. I had once again to pay 15 pounds, so I did. The replacement unit I got was a little bit better with regard to the color of the loaf, and the kneading blade never stuck in the loaf (we didn't change the recipe or the flour type or anything). However, the screen was a bit funny. All the words on the menu would be readable to the point we couldn't read the timer, how many minutes left, the umber of the function, etc. It was a mess! After contacting Andrew James, the rep. said it had to be returned for a repair.

At that point, I decided to cut my losses, as I couldn't afford shipping it every time a matter arises. Andrew James were kind enough to take it back at their ow expense, so I didn't have to pay for shipping another time. They have also been very professional in communications and support, so 5 stars for that!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2013 9:07 PM BST

iTechCover® iPod Touch 4 / 4G / 4th Generation Black Touch Screen Stylus Pen - (2-in-1 Pack)
Offered by Phone M8 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine performance but light built, 23 May 2013
One of the pens arrived damaged so I returned them back for refund. The other one, I used it for about 2 days. It is good, but it is very light, and it is also a bit short.

Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - White  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - White (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by ULike

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade, 23 May 2013
I owned an iPod 4th generation that luckily failed me a month before its one-year warranty expired. Amazon asked me to return it for full refund (even though it was only fulfilled by them), great service once again!

It is a worthy upgrade over iPod 4. First, you get a bigger screen with better display. The extra 0.5" does make a difference, especially in browsing the Internet. I was worried that the screen would be too tall and thin, but it is just perfect!

Performance is also better due to the upgrade of the processor, and more importantly the RAM, which is double of what iPod 4 has. For example, Real Racing 3 game used to lag sometimes in iPod 4, especially when I used to pause the game then resume it. In this machine, it runs very smoothly, and I have not noticed any lag.

The camera also got upgraded from 3.2 megapixel (I think) to 5 megapixel and Full HD recording capabilities. It also has flash, which makes low-light and night recording and shooting a better experience. Pictures are clear and crisp. You can also shoot Panorama pics, which is cool!

The design of the iPod 5 is much better and it is lighter. You can actually hold it without the fear of slipping unlike the older model which has this feeling because of it back design. The design looks exactly like iPhone 5, only thinner. Many of my friends actually thought I got an iPhone 5! The only thing I'd change in the design is placing the speaker in the upper base, not the lower one, because when I want to talk through viber, for example, I have to flip the iPod upside-down so that the speaker becomes near my ear and the mic near my mouth.

In conclusion, it is an excellent product that has the capabilities of iPhone (minus the ability to place calls) for much less.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 12:03 PM BST

iPod Touch 5th Generation FULL BODY MAXIMUM SHIELD Invisible Screen Protector
iPod Touch 5th Generation FULL BODY MAXIMUM SHIELD Invisible Screen Protector
Offered by Ultimate Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shield!, 23 May 2013
I have been looking for an invisible shield on Amazon hoping for a cheaper price when I stumbled across this one. It offered way cheaper price (50% than the invisible shield I got for iPod 4, which was back then offered at 50% discount!!) with 2 advantages. First, it is applied easier than the invisible shield, even though it requires the use of liquid, but I find the maneuvering while on the iPod a lot easier than the invisible shield as you still can move and adjust the film until reaching a satisfactory position. Second, the film material itself looks better.

Installation was fairly easy and the instructions that come with the film are clear and straightforward. it sticks quickly to the surface and the bubbles go away immediately. I am happy with it!

6X [LM-C1] AA / AAA Battery Plastic Storage Case (batteries not included)
6X [LM-C1] AA / AAA Battery Plastic Storage Case (batteries not included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizers!, 2 Sep 2012
Before I bought these little cases, the rechargeable batteries I have used to float all over the place. Now they are stored and organized. Cases can hold small or large batteries. I have stored 1300 mha and 2700 mha batteries without a problem.

BIPRA Protective EVA Case for 2.5 inch WD/Seagate/Toshiba/Clickfree/Portable External Hard Drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Grear protective case, 2 Sep 2012
I bought this case for the Toshiba PX1710E-1HJ0 1TB StorE Alu2 USB 2.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black. The case is hard enough to provide protection for the hard drive. It has a small mesh pocket to store the usb cable, and the hard drive is secured inside. I am pleased about this product.

Toshiba PX1710E-1HJ0 1TB StorE Alu2 USB 2.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black
Toshiba PX1710E-1HJ0 1TB StorE Alu2 USB 2.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, light, fast, and efficient!, 2 Sep 2012
I love this small hard drive! It fits on your palm with its cool, compact design. It comes formatted, ready to use. It only has a micro-usb port that is used for both data flow and power. Once it is plugged in, Windows has no trouble identifying it. You can partition it as you want. I currently have 2 partitions NTFS for backup and FAT16 for Xbox use.

Data transfer is great at 23 Kbps for large files and around 16-18 Kbps for small files. I have used both WIndows file system and TeraCopy software to transfer data and both transferred at the mentioned speed. The aluminum-built external shell provides insulation. Even when transferring large data it becomes warm, but not hot. Playback from the hard drive is fast too. I usually play videos and images on TV through the Xbox and it is fast enough.

I have almost used it every day for the last month, and it has never failed me once, nor its performance was compromised. I highly recommend it.

Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue)
Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue)
Offered by PopShop

4.0 out of 5 stars An upgrade over Innotab, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue) (Toy)
After my son's Innotab suddenly stopped working (won't start up), Vtech's customer service decided there was a fault with the gadget and accepted a return or replacement under warranty. Amazon didn't have it on stock so they offered to send me Innotab 2 for the price I paid for Innotab back in April (which was 65 pounds). An excellent customer service from Amazon as usual!!

I will only comment on the new features of Innotab 2 and some differences in design/features. If you are interested in old features that are present in Innotab, you can read my review of Innotab here: Vtech InnoTab (Blue)

1. Design: Innottab 2 is smaller. It still have the same 5-inch screen but the amount of plastic frame surrounding the screen got smaller. It is also lighter in weight, which is an advantage for kids. The frame now has a rotatable camera that can be used to capture photos or videos of the person or the surrounding environment. The home button has moved to the bottom in the middle. There is also a button for the camera and a built-in mic. The batteries lid has a secure latch now. Even though the lid has never opened in Innotab, it was always shaky and gave the impression it would fall off any time.

2. New features:

a. Hardware: Innotab 2 comes with a 2GB internal memory, it also supports SDHC cards up to 32 GB. The SDHC card is essential if one plans to store videos. The Innotab 2 has also a 1.3 MP rotatable Camera. The quality of pictures and videos are good (a standard definition), which is enough for kids. Though, one can't skip the technology used is around 5 years old. It wouldn't kill Vtech to install a higher resolution camera!

b. Software: The logon screen displays the user's photo now, which is a nice feature. You can have up to 4 different accounts now in addition to the Guest account. In Innotab, you can only have one account and a guest account. Though, one cannot switch between accounts. The only way to do that is to turn Innotab 2 off!

There are two new applications for the camera: The Camera app which captures images and the Video recorder app which capture videos with sound. Videos are stores in avi format. They are pretty straightforward to use.

Innotab 1 used to come with 2 preloaded games and 1 story. Innotab 2 comes preloaded with 1 game and a "Read, Play, and Create" cartridge, which contains 1 game and 1 story in addition to white and black photos to color. These photos were part of the art studio app so they are not really new. Vtech also gives 2 V.coins (worth of 2 free games or stories), where it used to give 3 V.coins with Innotab 1. Apps that were bought for Innotab 1 are compatible and transferable to Innotab 2. Cartridges are also compatible with Innotab 2.

The settings app has some new additions, the most important i the parents control, where parents can decide which content their kid can delete. This was a problem in Innotab as my son used to delete the games and videos and I had to connect the Innotab to the PC to download them again. Now, I can lock this feature and my son can't delete content by accident.

Overall, the new additions and some of the solutions to the problems of Innotab 1 are great! Do they justify the 30 pounds more (you can get the Innotab 1 for 50 pounds now)? I don't think so, especially that some of the new features came as a response to their competitor's old tablet (Leapfrog Explorer), which is now sold for 40 pounds. Other than the ability to watch any video (Leapfrog allows you to watch only videos you made or purchased through their website) I don't think there is really any other advantage of Innotab over Leapfrog. Nonetheless, Innotab itself (whether 1 or 2) offers a great environment of learning and having fun for kids and the fact that I got it as a replacement eliminated the cost compassion, but I think I would not have upgraded to Innotab 2 for the current price.

Keeping the issue of price aside, Innotab 2 is a great upgrade that provides kids with fun and learning experience.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2012 2:17 PM GMT