Profile for debs > Reviews

Content by debs

debs

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Knitted Boot Cuffs (Twenty to Make)
Knitted Boot Cuffs (Twenty to Make)
by Monica Russel

4.0 out of 5 stars quirky, 28 Sep 2012
I ordered this book on a whim and have been pleasantly pleased with it. There are designs for kids, stylish ones for adults and then some quirky ones. Most are knitted in chunky or aran but that just make them warmer.

Super-cute Doorstops - 35 charming doorstops that bring character to any room
Super-cute Doorstops - 35 charming doorstops that bring character to any room
by Emma Hardy

4.0 out of 5 stars cute designs, 28 Sep 2012
A wide range of styles that cover most tastes. Clear instructions. The only criticism I have is that, as with many sewing books, the templates have to be enlarged by 200%. Personally I'd rather pay a bit more for the book and have the templates at their correct size. Otherwise a really nice book.

Write a Children's Book - And Get It Published: Teach Yourself
Write a Children's Book - And Get It Published: Teach Yourself
by Allan Frewin Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 27 Oct 2011
For years now I have wanted to write a childrens story book and so bought this book as a guide. Its really informative, and covers writing stories/educational material for all ages up to adult, and its proven to be invaluable. It gives in-depth information and suggestions. It also tells you the format for your draft and how to approach a publisher, and all the publishing world do's and dont's. Its covered details I never would have thought of before. A really informative book, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Knitted Fruit (Twenty to Make)
Knitted Fruit (Twenty to Make)
by Susie Johns

4.0 out of 5 stars great little book, 23 April 2011
I saw my sisters copy of this book and wanted a copy of my own. Its a great little book with most of the designs easily recognisable. So far I've only made the strawberries for our works charity, they only take minutes to knit, though I've adapted the leaves and stem as they looked a bit too big on the strawberries
Definitely be a well used book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3