Profile for Paul Villa > Reviews

Content by Paul Villa

Paul Villa "technophile" (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TeckNet® Apple iPhone 5S / 5 Top Flip Genuine Leather Case For New Apple iPhone 5S / 5 + 2 iPhone Screen Protectors - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality - best I've bought, 24 May 2014
My previous leather iphone case didn't have all the apertures and I had to cut out a charging aperture myself. This one is perfect. Good quality too.

Lloytron 3200W RCD Safety Plug - Orange
Lloytron 3200W RCD Safety Plug - Orange
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made RCD, 24 May 2014
My old RCD was always difficult to find. This large orange one is hard to miss! Works on test so hopefully will work in a genuine situation. Put it this way, if it fails to work I will be in no state to update my review.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking read, 11 May 2014
I doubted that an author so steeped in Harry Potter could be successful in a completely different genre. I needn't have worried! Casual Vacancy is beautifully written, the characters are well 'drawn' and the plot engaging.

Club Of Angels
Club Of Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Verissimo, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Club Of Angels (Kindle Edition)
If, like me, you love the style and quirkiness of Luis Verissimo then this book is very much up your street. It's a shortish book - I read it in an afternoon on holiday - but sometimes great things come in little parcels.

Borges And The Eternal Orang-Utans
Borges And The Eternal Orang-Utans

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but artfully crafted, 5 April 2014
Quirky and drily amusing in equal measure. I read it in an afternoon but sometimes good things come in small packages.

The Spies
The Spies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small doses, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Spies (Kindle Edition)
I read this in an afternoon on holiday so it isn't exactly a weighty tome. That said it is lovingly crafted in a quirky, drily comic style. The characters are engaging and the translation from the original language affords an interesting perspective on the world. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered another book by the same author within minutes if finishing this one.

Scan Smart CMOS Sensor USB Negative and Film Slide Scanner Support 110mm 135mm 3 Mega Pixel Digital Image Photo Color Copier for Window & Mac

1.0 out of 5 stars If you pay peanuts etc, 5 Mar 2014
I should have realised the price was too low to give high quality results.
I was so disappointed with the scans from perfect negatives that I resorted to scanning the original prints using my multi function printer/scanner. These were cheap prints were from a local supermarket printshop. I found that using my multi function printer scanner I got results twice as good as those from the negative scanner. This makes no sense. Avoid like the plague. After a bit of a haggle I managed to get my money back.

Your Song
Your Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest love song ever, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Your Song (MP3 Download)
Listen to this song. I mean REALLY listen to it and you'll see why it should be in everyone's music collection. The tune is simple. The words are simple. The orchestration is simple. But the whole is much more than the sum of its parts. Of such simple ingredients, beauty is made.

Lifemax High Vision Reading Light Black Floor 250.1XBLK
Lifemax High Vision Reading Light Black Floor 250.1XBLK
Offered by express trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Daylight is a click away, 14 Oct 2013
Bought this for my 93 year old father who was having trouble reading his newspaper. He was considering cancelling his daily papers but is now totally happy with this lamp. It was a bit fiddly to assemble - 'losing' the excess cable down the tube wasn't easy - but it works brilliantly. Pun intended! It's like having daylight at the flick of a switch. I turned it on at mid day and the light colour was indistinguishable from the light coming from the window.

Deck The Halls [DVD] [2006]
Deck The Halls [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Danny DeVito
Offered by Sent2u

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire Devito, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Deck The Halls [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I can't believe how awful this film is. One of the low points of Danny Devito's career. If you want a GREAT Christmas film try National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2013 7:28 PM BST