Profile for ItsAllyMcMental > Reviews

Content by ItsAllyMcMental

ItsAllyMcMental (Cardiff)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Gray Redemption (Tom Gray #3)
Gray Redemption (Tom Gray #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 April 2013
This book was the third in the Tom Gray series and I read them all in four days, what am I to read now? Brilliant book, loved the characters and want more.

Gray Resurrection (Tom Gray #2)
Gray Resurrection (Tom Gray #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 April 2013
Read book one yesterday, book 2 today and just bought book 3 for tomorrow. Thank god I don't have work this week as I haven't been able to put these books down.

Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)
Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 April 2013
What a darn good read this book was, never once was I bored or side tracked while reading it.
Have now bought the second book in the series and can't wait to get reading.

The Mamacita Murders (Gaby Ruiz Mysteries, No. 1)
The Mamacita Murders (Gaby Ruiz Mysteries, No. 1)
Price: 2.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Too preachy by far, 3 April 2013
Could have been a really good story but I felt as if I was being converted by a zealot. Way too much "power" and "angels" totally spoilt the story. Honestly this book was just brimming with so many goody, goody women that it ruined the storyline.

Always, A Sexy Suit Romance, Book 1
Always, A Sexy Suit Romance, Book 1
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 3 April 2013
What a nice change to have a real romance without "50" shades influence.
Central characters genuine and easy to relate to.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
A real twist and turn book which didn't always go the way I thought it should or indeed wanted it to. Saying that I think it went better. I was gripped and often felt bedazzled by the authors ability to shock me a little more when I thought I couldn't be shocked again by yet another twist, Amy is a real work of art, god help us if we ever run across an Amy like this. Only downside to the book was the ending, it didn't really "end" more fizzled out.
I would have liked to see Nick get the upper hand as well as the last word. Damn good book though.

Crashed (Junior Bender #1) (A Junior Bender Mystery)
Crashed (Junior Bender #1) (A Junior Bender Mystery)
Price: 2.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 10 Mar 2013
This book was recently recommended to me by another brilliant author so I gave it a try. The central character Junior was a pleasure right from the start. His sense of humour had me chuckling throughout the book and while this isn't a comedy but a detective novel I found this a real joy to read. Very often in crime books it's heavy on the killing, heavy on the four letter words and so serious that yes you really enjoy the book but a little humour placed just here and there would on occasion lighten the mood slightly, making it less "black". This book got it just right. Just enough humour to add that feel good factor and make you really like the main character. Now I'm not an author and I'm sure this review could be written way more eloquently by someone else but trust me and give this book a go, you won't regret it.

Rogue Justice (A Thriller)
Rogue Justice (A Thriller)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Mar 2013
What a great read this was, characters were so three dimensional and believable.
Loved it so much I read it in one sitting.

Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)
Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 7 Mar 2013
What a great book this was, I read it front to back in one sitting as I couldn't put it down.

The Island - Part 2 (Fallen Earth)
The Island - Part 2 (Fallen Earth)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 5 Mar 2013
Lots of books in this series, well worth a read. Good characters and a good plot.
Worth a read guys