Profile for Tony in PR > Reviews

Content by Tony in PR

Tony in PR "Tony from Bucks" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Hitachi (HGST) 500gb 500 GB 2.5 Inch 5400 RPM Sata Hard Drive Thin 7MM For Laptop/PS3/Mac - 3 Years Warranty
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Toshiba Demands Ransom Money, 1 Oct 2014
Caveat emptor! I bought this to upgrade my Toshiba A210 laptop. My 'computer expert'; (he is a pro not just a friendly neighbour) checked out various options on the internet. The Hitachi seemed like a good option and was recommended for my model of laptop. The disk fitted BUT we found it needed a manufacturer's password to enable it to work! The Toshiba tech support desk said 'Yes. Return the unit to us with £60 and we'll unlock it for you!' Not impressed. What we've done is to make it an external drive. It works well but I am not impressed. As an external drive it works well but isn't convenient . But I wasn't going to pay Toshiba's ransom money.

Memoirs of an Infantry Officer
Memoirs of an Infantry Officer

5.0 out of 5 stars World War 1 Encapsulated, 1 Oct 2014
I originally read this as a teenager along with Memoirs of a Fox Hunting Man - this version is for my Kindle. I read this originally along with reading the first world war poets, (Brookes, Graves, etc) and as a body of work i found that they expressed the devastation of WWI. I had great sympathy with his anti-war view and read with interest Pat Barker's Regeneration about Sassoon's time at Craiglockahrt, where he was sent 'to get over' his anti-war views. It is a great expression of the age - the prose is tight and from such a compact book you get a great feeling of what WWi was like. If you include this with Birdsong and War Horse (the play not the film) you get an incredible insight into WWI. I regret that when I hear the plays and stories being manufactured to remind us of what it was like, they pall into insignificance alongside these great writings. Read it!

The Devil's Star: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 3)
The Devil's Star: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars For me three is enough of Harry., 10 Sep 2014
This is the third Harry Hole story I've read. Not particularly gripping bur not bad. At times the 'back story' of the various characters or incidents gets boring. The actual story doesn't move along fast enough. Also tired of reading about Harry's demons. So I'm moving on and trying another Scandinavian writer.

Vacu Vin Wine Saver Concerto Pump with 4 x Vacuum Bottle Stoppers - Black
Vacu Vin Wine Saver Concerto Pump with 4 x Vacuum Bottle Stoppers - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A Drinker's Necessity!, 5 Sep 2014
I've had the wine saver for years. It works well and essential to keep wine fresh if there's any left in the bottle. Gave one to my sister-in-law - she thinks it's great too.

Joseph Joseph Citrus Reamer with Pip-catching Cup - Grey/Yellow
Joseph Joseph Citrus Reamer with Pip-catching Cup - Grey/Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Cooks in the Kitchen!, 5 Sep 2014
Had one given to me as a present - it's now part of my standard kitchen kit. Very practical - it works. Gave on to my sister-in-law as part of a b'day present - she loves it.

Fisual S-Flex Mini 2m 3.5mm Jack Extension Cable
Fisual S-Flex Mini 2m 3.5mm Jack Extension Cable
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Combination!, 5 Sep 2014
Bought in conjunction with the Sennheiser PX100-II. Grat combination. Used mainly to listen to various media on the computer.

Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Listening!, 5 Sep 2014
Wanted a pair of headphones to listen to films, TV, records, etc on the computer. This is a Which? recommendation - great value for money. In order to give me the lead length I needed I bought the Fisual S-Flex extension cable - work well together. A great purchase.

Maalox Plus - Pack of 40 Tablets
Maalox Plus - Pack of 40 Tablets
Offered by BestDeals4Everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What the Doctor Ordered!, 5 Sep 2014
Couldn't buy it on the high street so ordered through Amazon - postage made it expensive but for me Maalox Plus works. Was prescribed Maalox some thirty years ago when I suffered from an ulcer - that's gone but every now and again I have indigestion but Maalox gets rid of it.

SanDisk SDCZ50-032G-FFP 32 GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive - Frustration-Free Packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Technically very good., 28 Aug 2014
In terms of technical performance: top class. I didn't notice/realise that it didn't have a 'cap' to protect 'live end' so can't drop it into my shirt pocket to take it about with me. I bought a King of Flash Carrying Case to protect it and make it convenient/safe to carry it about.

King Of Flash 6 x USB Flash Drives Carrying Case With Premium Quality Padded Protection for Flash/Key Drives - Black
Offered by KING OF FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, 28 Aug 2014
A very simple, inexpensive product that did the job I needed it for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15