Profile for Someone > Reviews

uni-ball Signo Gel UM-120 Rollerball Pens - Black, Pack of 5
uni-ball Signo Gel UM-120 Rollerball Pens - Black, Pack of 5
Offered by OMGHOWCHEAP LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pen!, 12 Jun. 2013
I love these pens! They write so quickly and smoothly on just about every surface, and they fit into my hand very comfortably. The only reason I'm giving them 4 stars instead of 5 is that they run out very, very quickly, which makes them uneconomical. At £9.00 a set that's not exactly terrible, but most other pens I've bought have lasted much longer than these.

Asus Nvidia GeForce 1GB GT 610 Silent Graphics Card
Asus Nvidia GeForce 1GB GT 610 Silent Graphics Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit, 12 Jun. 2013
I'm going to be criticized for writing a review when strictly speaking I never used it, but I'm putting this out there for anyone considering buying one of these: open up your desktop and check how much space you have first! There were no issues with the card itself, but the heatsink was so huge the only way I could get the card in was to remove the power cable connector. Which makes no sense.

So as a PSA, please check that there's nothing sensitive anywhere near your PCI Express slot and you have room for a bulky heatsink before purchasing this product. As for me I'm thinking of reselling this IRL and buying a slimmer card. 3 stars what I THINK would've been a good product if I could have used it.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 12:27 PM BST

Big Windup: Complete Series [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Big Windup: Complete Series [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 July 2012
Funimation's Youtube channel offers the show for free, but I liked it so much I bought the DVD anyway. I barely had a clue about baseball when I started... and I still didn't quite get it by the end of the show, so I did some reading and studying and then watched it AGAIN. You don't need to know baseball to enjoy this, which is very much a story of character-development, friendship and teamwork, but it really helps. You won't appreciate just how "broken" Mihashi's alleged 9-divisions are until you learn more about pitching, for example.

But really, it's all about the characters. You either like them, or you don't. Some people can't stand Mihashi because of his whinyness or Abe because of his bossiness, but I liked both guys, and liked seeing them work together. The best part of the show is the side characters, though, especially Tajima (Tajima is boss), Izumi and Sakaeguchi.

I strongly recommend it for anyone who likes: Sports. Friendship. High school stories. Slow-paced series. Bromance.
I strongly recommend it for anyone who hates: Overpowered, unrealistic moves in sports shows. Superpowered protagonists/protagonist teams.
I do not recommend it for anyone who likes: Lots of girls. Romance.
I do not recommend it for anyone who hates: Male friendship. Crying. Weak characters. Matches that take 10 episodes to conclude.

Here's hoping some company licenses Season 2 one day.

Kurtzy New Basic Essential Knitting Crochet Tools Accessories and More Kit Set by Curtzy TM
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I wanted it to do, 16 July 2012
I wanted a couple of stitch holders, and that's what I got. They do what I got them to do, which is good enough for me. I haven't really bothered with the other, rather flimsy, plasticky looking items it came with. I already have a ruler and a tape measure, and I don't know what the rest of that stuff is supposed to be, but hey, more stuff is always good.

Knitting in "Vogue": Bk. 1
Knitting in "Vogue": Bk. 1
by Christina Probert

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but outdated., 16 July 2012
I've had this book for a long time, but I only took up knitting seriously in the past 6 months or so. The few patterns I knit out of this book were great - simple, easy to follow directions, and the resulting products (the ones I chose anyway) still look good after 20 years.

The problem though, is that almost all the yarn specified in the patterns are hopelessly outdated and have long since been discontinued. Try finding Pingoin Pingolaine or Maxwell Cartlidge Lotus Silk 4 ply today and let me know how you get on =_=. It's a bit easier with patterns done in stocking stitch, because you can attempt to find something with a similar yarn tension, but for anything done in pattern it's a lost cause. Accordingly I can't recommend this book to anyone except those who have easy access to discontinued wool or who are experts at altering patterns to suit their current material.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 12:32 PM BST

Firefighter!, Vol. 1 (Special Edition): Special Edition (Firefighter! Daigo of Fire Company M)
by Masahito Soda

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as interesting as I'd been led to believe., 19 April 2012
I've read reviews that hyped Megumi no Daigo (the Japanese title) as touching and exciting without needing to resort to the usual death, sex and violence so prevalent in action manga. Well, the latter part is true. The "touching and exciting" part, not so true. Neither Daigo nor his teammates are very likeable so far, not that they get much chance to talk, and the art is so messy and all over the place I can't really follow what's going on. It probably gets better, but I'm not motivated to spend any more money on this.

3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
Offered by Go-Tron

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but not for long, 19 April 2012
On the plus side, it gave me good sound while it worked. And at only £0.40 with free shipping, the price was more than right.

On the not-so-positive side, it stopped working after 6 months. No matter how I adjust the cable, I just get muffled, bass-only sounds so this is clearly no good. The only negative is that the cable is fairly short, so I have to keep my speakers close to the sound source, usually my laptop.

Still, if I can get good sound for £0.80 a year, that's something to celebrate, hence the average review.

Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Offered by Freundlichen Himmel

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely lasted a year, 18 Mar. 2012
I've been buying a Logitech mouse every year for the past 6 or 7 years. They always work well at first, then after several months they get over-sensitive and start double-clicking when I single clicked, opening and closing files and windows I haven't asked them to and generally making my life hell. Then I buy another one and the cycle begins anew. I've tried cheap Logitechs, I've tried expensive ones, I've tried wired ones and wireless ones. They all fail in the end. This one hasn't even lasted a full year this time, it'll be 10 months old today.

No more! The cycle ends today. Logitech isn't getting any more money from me until they learn to make quality products that last. The only reason I'm giving this 2 stars is because it was cheap, but I'm never buying another one again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 9:18 AM GMT

6 x LCD Screen Protectors / Guard For PSP 2000 / 3000
6 x LCD Screen Protectors / Guard For PSP 2000 / 3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 10 Oct. 2011
Unlike a DS, the PSP doesn't make use of its screen, so each screen protector should last a long, long time. Plus this set comes with 6(!) of them, which means I won't be buying any more for years. When you think of it that way, it's a great bargain!

Key Essentials Pack 5-pcs. accessory set for PSP bag+USB-cable+game case+spare button+wrist

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 10 Oct. 2011
The USB cable alone makes it a worthy purchase. The wrist strap is handy, though it does get in the way sometimes. The case itself is really sturdy and zips up easily. I wasn't planning to use it much, but then I took several rough trips, and it kept my PSP from getting excessively banged up in my luggage. The simple black color is a nice touch.

Page: 1 | 2