Profile for Conor > Reviews

Content by Conor

Conor (London, United Kingdom)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend for a iphone 5s - for running and listening to music via wired headphones., 21 Mar. 2014
Perhaps I should have looked a bit more closely at the picture, but upon inspection of the product at receipt I cannot find a suitable location to insert earphones through the armband to connect to my iPhone 5S. If the suggestion is to go through the main flap at the rear through which the phone is inserted then this is a poor design overall.

When the iPhone is actually in place, the plastic cover of the armband crumples and creases, which makes using the screen of the phone difficult.

I will probably keep it though, as I also have a set of bluetooth headphones I can use for running.

A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time
A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Rip roaring end to epic but fell short right at finish line, 10 Aug. 2013
Satisfying conclusion to a series I began over twenty years ago. These books were with me during my early teenage years through to my thirties. I was happy that this book was pacier than the earlier Jordan novels but lacked the depth of Jordan descriptive imagery. The epilogue could have been longer in my view to give more insight into the aftermath of the last battle on this world the reader has been involved with for so long. Anyway, Robert Jordan can rest in peace. Sanderson has delivered fitting justice to his legacy.

Set List
Set List
Offered by music_by_mail_uk

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great-List, 6 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Set List (Audio CD)
I bought this album when I went to see The Frames in Union Chapel in May. That was only the fourth time I have seen them. That gig was amazing. It gave me the Goosebumps. All around me were a small group of people in a small venue singing along with Glen and pounding the floor to Colm’s violin. They played hits like “Star Star” interloping it with “Two Little Boys”, without any persuasion got the crowd to join in with “The Blood”. I left the venue feeling somehow that I cheated them, that the money I paid should have been a lot more. Curious to sample my new album I put it on straight away when I got home. This album evoked – and still does – all my memories and feelings from the gig and more, it was better. It used to be said of The Frames that to experience them in full you had to go to see them live. This is no longer true. If you are not yet a convert of the soon-to-be-worlds-biggest-band and you are looking an album that signifies the frames achievements then buy this album and then enjoy pursuing their back catalogue, because there are still some more gems awaiting discovery.