Profile for Oz > Reviews

Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroon Mist Warm Milk & Honey 300ml
Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroon Mist Warm Milk & Honey 300ml
Offered by PHFS limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, relaxing scent, 11 July 2014
The scent of the warm milk & honey spray is absolutely gorgeous, it makes the bedroom smell great and it also creates the usual freshness one associates with Febreeze. I'm a problem sleeper and while I'm not sure it's helped me sleep any better, it is a pleasure to have such a nice, relaxing fragrance in the room at bedtime, it really creates a lovely atmosphere. My room never smells stuffy or stale anymore, and I plan on buying sleep serenity spray for as long as I can!

L'Oréal Paris Casting Crème 500 Medium Brown
L'Oréal Paris Casting Crème 500 Medium Brown
Offered by Apex Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a boxed dye, 24 May 2014
I got to try out this dye free as a Bzzagent, but I'd happily pay for it now that I know how good it is. I was thoroughly impressed with the Creme Gloss dye. I've used from-the-box dyes before and they never live up to expectations, but this time I'm very pleased with the result. It was so easy to apply without dripping everywhere, it was mild on my sensitive skin due to the lack of ammonia, the colour took very well to my hair and it was so glossy afterwards, something I can never normally achieve with my dull, poor-condition locks. The colourant and the conditioner both smelled gorgeous too. My hair looks very natural, the medium brown I chose was perfect for enhancing my natural colour. A couple of weeks later and my hair is still shiny and feels lovely. I'll buy this again and definitely recommend it.

Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist 10 ml
Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist 10 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for tired eyes, 14 May 2014
I was given this product to try out for free, and after using the eye revive mist, I would recommend it as it does what it promises; it refreshes tired, irritated eyes, it's easy to use and it doesn't smudge eye make-up at all. I was a little disappointed that the fresh feeling didn't last as long as I'd expected and more of the mist gets on your whole face than I'd like (feels a bit annoying until it dries, plus the smell isn't particularly pleasant at first) but overall I was quite happy with the product and the soothing feeling it brought my eyes, as someone who spends a lot of time in front of a PC and suffers dry eyes as a result.

Seventh Moon [DVD]
Seventh Moon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Smart
Offered by rileys dvds

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric and Intriguing, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seventh Moon [DVD] (DVD)
The negative responses I often see about this film really confuse me. I found it an enjoyable watch, very eerie in places, tragically touching in others; I can only surmise than some people's expectations of the film were that it was going to be more 'obvious'. I for one greatly enjoyed the fact that the film's frightening moments were subtle, as oppposed to an in-your-face gore-fest or a stream of jump-scare scenes. The camera work is excellent for creating a disturbing atmosphere, flashes of the creatures, glimpses of the horror that they are, leaving something to the viewer's imagination instead of seeing it laid out on a plate, taking away the mystery.
The premise is fairly simple, a pair of young newlyweds are honeymooning in China during a traditional festival of sorts, in which the vicious 'moon demons' are pacified with offerings of meat to keep them at bay during the night, and the newlyweds find themselves as unwilling living offerings. Their struggle to escape the demonic creatures that hunt them is well-paced against an effectively spooky background of a wary, middle-of-nowhere village in the dead of night, and the scenarios the couple encounter in their search for a safe place are suitably tense. I found the last 20 minutes a very satisfactory end too, amping up some of the fear-factor (which wouldn't be so effective if not for the subtle camera work earlier in the film.) I consider this film something of a hidden gem, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys a horror film that is solid enough not to rely on blood spatter for the scares.

PRO PLAN Cat ADULT with OPTIRENAL Rich in Chicken, 3kg
PRO PLAN Cat ADULT with OPTIRENAL Rich in Chicken, 3kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, a happier cat, 8 Jan 2014
I started feeding this food to my cat several weeks ago, she is normally very fussy and particular about eating dry food but she absolutely loved the taste of this stuff and always clears her bowl. Since using it, her breath smells better and I think she now seems a bit more active than she was, which I can only put down to the nutrients-rich, high-quality food. I'm very glad I tried this stuff and I will continue to use it, as I really feel my girl is seeing the benefits to it.

Diva
Diva

5.0 out of 5 stars Azis on top-most form, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Diva (MP3 Download)
'Diva' is a fantastic album from beginning to end and would be my recommendation for first-time Azis listeners. From the incredibly catchy earworm 'Obichai Me, Dokosvai Me' to the beautifully tender 'Neka Da Ti Dam' which really focuses on the vocals, Azis' voice is excellent and the music flows very well; my only criticism is that ten songs is just too few when the standard is this high. Bulgarian folk-pop at it's absolute best, from the genre's most charismatic entertainer.

Another Gay Sequel - Gays Gone Wild [2008] [DVD]
Another Gay Sequel - Gays Gone Wild [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonah Blechman

1.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the original, don't bother with this rubbish, 22 Jan 2009
If you can make it past the first 15 minutes of this drivel, I applaud you.
One of the biggest flaws of the film is that the character of Nico is the only one still played by the original actor. Jarod, Griff and Andy have been replaced by new actors; which they 'explain' at the beginning in a ridiculous dream sequence. The movie from then on basically takes the mickey out of itself; it's like it knows it isn't a patch on it's predecessor, so it doesn't even try.
The synopsis is simply that the boys are off to find adventure for the summer in Fort Lauderdale.
I didn't laugh once for at least the first half hour. The 'laughs' are for the most part disgustingly crude humour. Another Gay Movie was crude in several places but also amusingly appropriate, the gags in this film are overstepping the mark. Saying that certain aspects of it are ridiculous is a huge understatement; the merman scenario (yes, you read that correctly) is simply painful to watch.
The acting is terrible, from all corners, I was surprised to see. While the whole idea of the original was that it was a silly, cheerful, light-hearted comedy; the over-acting and cheesiness is just not enjoyable this time round, as everything has been overdone and over-emphasised to the death.
The only redeeming factor of the film is the catchy, jaunty soundtrack.
I was so looking forward to the release of this after loving the first film so much and I've been bitterly disappointed. The film is braindead. Avoid at all costs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2009 5:47 PM BST

The X Files: I Want To Believe (2 disc Special Edition including Bonus Digital Copy) [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but disappointing too, 1 Dec 2008
As a die-hard X-Phile, I was excited to hear that a brand new movie had been released. I was expecting the story to pick up somewhat where the show had left off; to see Mulder and Scully trying to stop the impending world colonisation from aliens, the set date of which they had learned in the final series of the show. I had also hoped to see involvement from A.D Skinner and the highly likeable show characters Monica Reyes and John Doggett.
I was very disappointed to find that apparantly the deadly invasion of earth was of no further interest to Mulder and Scully (it's not mentioned once, in fact) and that their friends Reyes and Doggett are no longer involved in their lives. Skinner makes an all too brief appearance, having been out of their lives also for what seems a fair bit of time, which I found just plain unlikely.
That said, the film is entertaining enough, though it plays less like a movie and more like a double-episode of the show. The premise is that an FBI agent has gone missing and an excommunicated priest claiming psychic powers has been helping the FBI's investigation, while another agent asks Scully (who is now working as a doctor) to bring Mulder in on the investigation, claiming they need his paranormal expertise. Mulder meanwhile is still in hiding from the authorities, following on a little from the TV show. The story is interesting, followable and quirky, like the older TV episodes. Plus, Scully's by-storyline involving a patient at her hospital is really touching.
I personally felt that all chemistry between Mulder and Scully had disappeared. I felt no connection between them and at times, David Duchovny's performance seemed lacklustre. Scottish comedian Billy Connolly plays the priest and I was surprised with his performance also; hammy and unenthusiastic.
Overall, the movie is worth a watch and big fans of the show will appreciate the quirks and Mulder's familiar amusing one-liners. However, the abandonment of the huge plotline from the end of the TV series really bothered me (it's fine for people who were not followers of the show, I suppose.) I felt the film really just didn't have the wow-factor it could have had.

A Collection
A Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Wonderful Collection, 31 Oct 2008
This review is from: A Collection (Audio CD)
Anyone who adores Josh and that heavenly voice as much as I will almost certainly have all the tracks featured on the CD, with the exception of the song from Chess, but we Grobanites all know we're gonna buy this collection anyway!
There is a great range of his songs on the CD from all his albums, which makes it a perfect gift for someone you want to convert to Grobanism, or if you've only recently become a fan and want to experience the best of Josh. I don't own it yet but I'd confidently promise anyone that it is well worth the money.

Wicked City [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Wicked City [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Yûsaku Yara
Offered by EliteDigital UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked City is Wicked Indeed!, 2 Oct 2008
I was really impressed with this film. The premise: a hero and heroine from two different worlds must join together to protect an ancient man of great importance who is supposed to attend an important meeting very soon but has a whole host of grotesque bad guys out to kill him and stop his attendance.
Now, to begin with it seems like standard supernatural anime fair but the film has a great boon that many similar films do not; lack of the stomach-churning rape scenes. Films like this are usually chock full of violent and creepy sexual assault scenes; this one does not rely on that to further the plot, which I found very refreshing. The story is followable and the animation is great, some of the bad guys are so sinister you'll be biting your nails waiting to see their next move. The fighting scenes are exciting and entertaining and the character of the little old man whom the heroes are sent to protect provides the comic relief in the film, being the biggest pervert and most cantankerous little bugger you'll ever see. The twist at the end is also most unexpected and the soundtrack is really cool.
I really enjoyed the film and would recommend it to those anime fans like myself who enjoy creepy sci-fi type movies but without the continual disturbing Hentai bits. This is a great addition to any anime or supernatural collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3