Profile for Rozielou 85 > Reviews

Brewdog Punk IPA Beer Gift Pack
Brewdog Punk IPA Beer Gift Pack
Offered by Ales By Mail Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2015
Great gift! Boyfriend very happy with this. It arrived right on time too.

New Ladies Mesh Skater Sleeveless Mini Dress Elasticated Waist Womens Top Blue 8/10
Offered by WearAll

2.0 out of 5 stars Unflattering, 12 Mar. 2014
The style of the dress is unflattering and a bit too revealing. Body long, skirt too short. I would return but i lost the label. Shame, may be good for younger women (I'm 29) but in general I would not recommend.

NEW LADIES/GIRLS MESH STITCHED JUMPER WOMENS TOPS KNITWEAR CARDIGANS CROCHET JUMPER (S/M, WINE)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jumper but a little too big, 12 Mar. 2014
Lovely colour, good quality jumper. A little bit too baggy for me but lots of room for a tshirt underneath. Worn it twice since purchase so I must like it!

A-Express® High Waist Wet Faux Leather Look Ladies Leggings Size - (UK-10)
A-Express® High Waist Wet Faux Leather Look Ladies Leggings Size - (UK-10)
Offered by HillBilli

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but won't last long, 12 Mar. 2014
Lovely leggings but I think the leather look will wear off after a few washes. You get what you pay for though, and as they are very cheap they will do for me.

Topshop Black Satin Look Disco Jeggings
Topshop Black Satin Look Disco Jeggings

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous item, 12 Mar. 2014
These arrived very quickly and were in great condition. Good fit and very comfortable leggings. They look great for a night out or jazzing up an outfit.

Amnesiac
Amnesiac

5.0 out of 5 stars Grossly underated....up there with their best! An exceptional album, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Amnesiac (Audio CD)
I've only just bought this album in 'hard copy' format, 10 years after it was released! All I can say is i wish I had had it in my life back then....I could have really used it at 16.....anyway, I digress....

I have a profound respect for radiohead, and as i got into them at their ' Ok Computer' and Kid A stage I enjoyed them when they went more experimental and eccentric.
Amnesiac is beautiful. Likes many reviewers are also saying, it is not a 'Kid B'. I found it very easy to listen to, and it was more of an instant 'hit' to me than a cople of their other albums, hail to the thief and in rainbows.
Pyramid song, in my eyes, is the most beautiful work radiohead have ever done.
You and whose army, I might be wrong, and knives out are instant favourites. I was expecting a bit of mid album filler...not a bit of it!
Life in a glasshouse....melodic haunting piano riffs and a bit of saxophone, this also stands out as one of the albums gems and closes the album ingeniously.
I guess its clear what I think of this. I hate it when brilliant albums are underated then forgotten!

Relisten to this! Or if you haven't got it, buy it. A real classic album, if not their best, a close 2nd to Ok computer in my eyes!

Progress
Progress
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant...amazing new sound...you'll be bewildered at first, but after 2 listens you'll be hooked!!!, 19 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Progress (Audio CD)
Well, where to start with this album?

I absolutely love it. I've almost been late for work the last two days listening to Progress!

I'm a take that fan and have been since childhood. I will say also I'm an avid Robbie fan and have all his solo albums ( minus rudebox and swing when you're winning). When I heard of the reformation I followed them and their work like I never could have done when I was 8 in 1993. I love the whole Beautiful world, and most of the Circus, although the latter wasn't my personal favourite.
I wasn't quite sure how I felt about Robbie returning...excited, obviously...but slightly sceptical about how it would be.

I first played this album as 'background music' when I was in the shower! Not the sort of thing you can do with this! Its too different for that. You have to sit down, listen, absorb it and get used to the change in sound. Its quite shocking at first!

The flood and Kidz stands out straight away as amazing songs.
By second, and third listen, you'll be humming everything else.

It is Robbie orientated, Mark features a lot, and Gary not so much, but that could be expected from the reunion line up. Howard and Jason get a song each too.

My favourite tracks:

The Flood- Epic classic Take that!
Wait- I just love this, its pretty mellow and sticks in your head
Kidz- Sums up the difference in sound, what a corker of a track! Proper stadium tune!
Happy now- Brilliant lyrics, sounds a little zany, but its nice to hear all the boys on one track
Underground machine- Robbie orientated, with extra swagger, but i love it since im a fan of his
8 letters- Gorgeous Barlow balladry, a welcome final track. I was moved to tears when I heard this and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!

SOS grabs you on the first listen but afterwards it wasnt my favourite. Pretty things is good, its hard to define how it sounds, its unusual lyrically.
Affirmation is ok but a little high in places! What do you want from me is a nice tune, I did nearly fall off my chair when Mark Owen sings ' I still want to have sex with you' ! But its obviously about his personal experiences.

The secret track, Flowerbed, is this albums 'wooden boat' and its Jason at his best.

I think die hard fans could well be shocked but they should welcome a new sound, like the reviews say this doesnt sound like a final destination, it sounds like a bold new start. I think Progress will appeal to previous non fans as its different and a bloody good record! Good on you boys, I love it and can't wait to watch you next year!

For people reading this..buy it and see for yourself!
To people who only gave it one or two stars, try and listen again, have an open mind!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2010 6:44 PM GMT