Profile for Karweelz > Reviews

Content by Karweelz

Karweelz

Having Twins - and More: Every Parent's Guide to Pregnancy, Birth and Early Childhood
by Louis M.D. Keith

5.0 out of 5 stars The best twin pregnancy/birth book I've read, 15 Oct. 2011
I bought this book when I was expecting my identical twins 2 years ago. I found it really hard to get any accurate information on mode and timing of delivery and was struggling to make a decision about whether to have a section or a natural delivery. This book is fantastic, it is a large and detailed text but is still easy to read and understand. It gave me the faith I needed to have a vaginal delivery and I recommend it to other people in the same position. I definitely found the pregnancy information more useful than the post-birth chapters though, but if you have prem babies or multiples with special needs you might find it more useful than I did. If you want to see you multiple pregnancy and birth as normal, and be fully informed, then buy this book. But be warned, this is a balanced book, there is all the information about possible risks and complications alongside the positivity.

Tiny Dining 36 Piece Kids Infants Childrens Junior Cutlery Set (12 Small Table Knives, 12 Small Table Forks, 12 Small Dessert Spoons) - Ideal for home, school or lunchboxes
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic cutlery, great value., 15 Oct. 2011
Having 3 kids under 3, eating at home 3 times a day I need lots of small cutlery but not at £5 a throw which was all I could find toddler sets for elsewhere. This set is perfect. Fair enough it is nothing fancy, but it does the job, they are dishwasher safe and will last forever. The knife actually cuts food unlike some toddler sets, so I can't fault them. They are larger than baby cutlery, but fine even for my 21 month olds to learn with. The advantage being that my 9 year old step son can use them as well. Excellent value for money.

BabyBjörn Step Stool (Snow-White)
BabyBjörn Step Stool (Snow-White)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but pricey, 11 Sept. 2010
I decided to pay more for a sturdy, rubber bottomed step and I am pleased that to this end it is very stable on our tiled bathroom floor. I am impressed with the quality of it and it looks and feels like it will last. It also has a rubber top so if my daughter splashes water onto it she can't slip off it either. She can move it around fairly easily despite only being 22 months but although she is slightly taller than average she still has to stand on her tip toes on the step to reach our taps, and is still completely unable to get on and off the toilet (with a trainer seat on top) without help. I don't think this step is unusually short for a step but it is simply the downside I have with it. Once she is taller it will be perfect!!

Bumbo Toilet Trainer (Blue)
Bumbo Toilet Trainer (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and secure - fantastic product, 11 Sept. 2010
I bought this after my daughter refused to even sit on a potty but knew that she needed to go to the toilet. She was happy to sit on it from the start (from about 18 months) but has only just got up the courage to actually use it instead of going in her nappy now she's 22 months. She has no trouble sitting for however long she needs and often refuses to come off even when she's done her business! I'm happy that the seat sort of envelopes her bottom so she seems very secure on the big toilet, but as the lip on the front is pretty high she can't get on and off herself even with a step.

It is the softest seat I've seen, I just wish they made a potty too! I haven't had any trouble cleaning it either, so all round a great product.

Potette Plus 2-in-1 Travel Potty (White/Blue)
Potette Plus 2-in-1 Travel Potty (White/Blue)
Offered by NURSERY THYME

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Sept. 2010
I have just received this product this morning and my 22 month old daughter has aldready sat herself on it and produced a wee! She is VERY fussy about where she will park her bottom, so I am delighted this has gone down well. I am surprised by how compact it is, but as it is so small (which is ideal for my little girl) I don't know how well it would work with older toddlers.

Fantastic product, I feel much more relaxed about going out and about now.