Profile for Vera > Reviews

Corkcicle Air - Wine Chiller and Aerator
Corkcicle Air - Wine Chiller and Aerator
Offered by BeautySupply

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and does the job., 22 Jan. 2015
I bought one of these as a gift and was so pleased with it, I bought another one. The stick is plastic, filled with a liquid like those coolbox little plastic slabs. You pop the whole thing in the freezer and when it's frozen you can then put it straight into your wine bottle. The cork is split into two bits (took me a while to realise this!) which means you just pop the top off, and there is a little spout through which the wine pours out without having to remove the Corkcicle from the bottle. The box it comes in is a lovely presentation box, looks like a real quality item .

Style Me Up Sweet Links Bracelet Maker
Style Me Up Sweet Links Bracelet Maker
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks beautiful, terrible to use., 22 Jan. 2015
I didn't buy this from Amazon, I bought it elsewhere . I usually like Style Me Up kits. The kit looks gorgeous, the threads were beautiful colours, but it is ridiculously badly designed. It says in the leaflet, Patent Pending, well I don't think they should fear anyone would steal the idea, it's appallingly designed. So first you get the little bars in place, it wasn't too difficult with the little tool, the problem is the two main plastic bits that sandwich the littles bars will flip apart at any opportunity and the whole thing then just falls apart. My 10 year old daughter got very frustrated with it as it kept falling apart, so I tried it, making a point of holding the plastic sandwich together but even then, exactly the same thing kept happening to me. I finally managed one bracelet, but that was after several failed starts. I think it makes 3 bracelets in all. But not a chance in this house. For my sanity, it's going into the bin. We'll go back to making friendship bracelets by using those little round foam weaving disc - sometimes the old ways really are the best.

The Popularity Papers: Book Four: The Rocky Road Trip of Lydia Goldblatt & Julie Graham-Chang
by Amy Ignatow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books for reluctant readers., 19 Aug. 2014
As with the last 3 books, this book arrived and was read within about 2 days. My daughter is normally a reluctant reader, but she absolutely loves these books and is already begging for the next one!.

Myo Friendship Bracelet
Myo Friendship Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Myo Friendship Bracelet (Toy)
What a bargain these are! I bought this kit for my daughter, but I think I use it more than she does. Its very relaxing and very easy to use and the two wheels mean you can make 4 different designs.

Stunning silver loops DIAMANTE ADJUSTABLE BRA STRAPS -DIAMONTE
Stunning silver loops DIAMANTE ADJUSTABLE BRA STRAPS -DIAMONTE
Offered by stunning boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Really made my dress look great., 19 Aug. 2014
I had a dress which was missing its detachable straps so bought these. They are not too blingy, which is why I chose them as the dress I wore them with was more a daytime dress. They really make a difference to the dress, I am glad I lost its original straps!. They attach like a detachable bra strap, but I just loosely sewed mine in so they didn't work themselves free while wearing.

Tangle Teezer Original Detangling Hairbrush, Blueberry Pop
Tangle Teezer Original Detangling Hairbrush, Blueberry Pop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detangler., 19 Aug. 2014
Bit of a weird colour combination, but hey its a hairbrush, and I chose it on price rather than colour!. These Tangle Teezers are great, been using them on my daughter's hair for years now.

One Zentangle a Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun
by Beckah Krahula

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 19 Aug. 2014
I bought this ages ago then gave it to someone to try Zentangling. I missed it, so ended up buying another copy for me again :-)

I don't think there should be "rules" for something so creative so I am not a strict Zentangler abiding by sizes / formats etc, but I love this book because it shows me how to build up the various tangles and gives me great ideas. This has lots of "organic" tangles which I love. It does also have the more geometric designs, which are not really my thing, but there is enough in here to keep most people happy.

Belkin Neoprene Ease-Fit Armband for iPhone 5 and 5s - Black/Grey
Belkin Neoprene Ease-Fit Armband for iPhone 5 and 5s - Black/Grey
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but seems expensive for what it is., 19 Aug. 2014
I bought this recently from an airport shop (not from Amazon) and it seems okay, though it is very slim fitting (I thought I had slim arms till I put this on!) I can see some reviewers saying that the top is open so could get wet, but actually, if you wear the armband in the same way as the bloke in the picture that comes inside the case, the opening is at the bottom - so the top stays dry. The phone seems quite snug in there at the moment, so I don't think there is a chance of the phone slipping out when worn with the opening at the bottom, but I am a little concerned that over time the case may become looser.

Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary: On Stage in America (My Totally Secret Diary)
by Dee Shulman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant brilliant books, 13 Feb. 2014
My daughter loves these books. She has read the current three and I believe there is a fourth one being written which we are keeping an eye out for !

Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 13 Feb. 2014
I know a few people have said they can't get the cup to produce slushies but I've used it in two different freezers and had no problems. Guess I might be lucky, but I'm really pleased with the cup.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5