Profile for Dangerous Dave > Reviews

Dangerous Dave

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cheatwell Games Wallace & Gromit 2nd Class Xmas Stamp 1000 Piece Jigsaw
Cheatwell Games Wallace & Gromit 2nd Class Xmas Stamp 1000 Piece Jigsaw

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheatwell Games Wallace and Gromit 2nd Class Xmas Stamp 1000 piece jigsaw, 24 Feb 2012
I ordered this for my dad for Xmas because he was running out of jigsaws to do over the winter months. He found it fun to do and the picture of good old Wallace and Gromit cheered him up on a cold and wet day. Now, if it cheered up my dad then it has to be a good.

Koyaanisqatsi
Koyaanisqatsi
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 10.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Koyaanisqatsi, 24 Feb 2012
This review is from: Koyaanisqatsi (Audio CD)
As with all great discoveries I bought this CD for a Christmas gift for someone else. She said that it was not really her cup of tea and said would I be offended if she gave it back to me. I was in no way offended as music is quite personal as it was a gamble purchase anyway. The shock was that I liked it and had in fact heard it a number of time in films etc... This is not going to be for everyone, but approach it with an open mind and you could well be taken with it.

Dry Stone Walling: A Practical Handbook
Dry Stone Walling: A Practical Handbook
by Alan Brooks
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Dry Stone Walling: A Practical Handbook, 24 Feb 2012
I did a beginners course in Dry Stone Walling about 5 years ago down in Dorset and within 2 years somehow I became its Chairman. Right I thought, it's now time I sat down and filled in those gaps in my dry stone walling knowledge and so I ordered this book. It does what it says on the front cover - it is a practical handbook and a dam good one at that. A great buy, a good read and a great source of information.

Hergest Ridge
Hergest Ridge
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hergest Ridge, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: Hergest Ridge (Audio CD)
I must confess to be a Mike Oldfield fan and although he is not the best musician in the world and (sorry Mike if you are reading this) has produced some real turkeys every now and again he comes up with some real humdinger of a concept album and this is one of them. Very well remastered and a pleasure to listen too. This flash of genius makes one forgive some of the others!

Sean Scully - Walls of Aran
Sean Scully - Walls of Aran
by David Carrier
Price: 20.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Walls can be works of Art, 27 Dec 2011
People tend not to give to much attention to those dry stone structures they find around themselves while travelling through the countryside. This could change if you read the Walls of Aran by Sean Scully and really stop and view the photographs with a open mind. These photographs highlight the history and creativity that working people put into such practical structures and Sean has captured this in this book. After reading this book you may view such walls with more of an artistic eye.

Walk! The Isle of Wight (2nd edition)
Walk! The Isle of Wight (2nd edition)
by Martin Simons

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise addition, 14 Aug 2011
Although I have other walking books which cover walking the Isle of Wight I am very glad that I took a chance of ording this book. This is a gem of a book which gives the walker all he needs for a walking trip to the Isle of Wight. We cannot wait to use this guide in september 2011

Wall: Andy Goldsworthy
Wall: Andy Goldsworthy
by Andy Goldsworthy
Price: 20.42

3.0 out of 5 stars art and walling, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Wall: Andy Goldsworthy (Hardcover)
Andy Goldworthy is a fine artist and I cannot dispute his passion for creating art in nature. However, this book was interesting but I felt it fell short of being a really good read. I had expected more about the walls construction and some comments from the wallers would have given it more depth.

Walks of Courtmacsherry Bay and the Seven Heads (Damien Enright West Cork Walks)
by Damien Enright

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too much road walking, 20 Jun 2011
In fairness we only managed to walk on of the walks contained within in this book. We also started from our B&B which was 3/4 of the way around from the starting point. This did mean that we had the best part of the walk over the dunes and along the bay at the begining and not at the end. After a lot of road work we took a short cut and walked back to our B&B in revearse along to coast.

Cork and Southwest Ireland Insight Pocket Guide (Insight Pocket Guides)
Cork and Southwest Ireland Insight Pocket Guide (Insight Pocket Guides)
by APA Publications

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprise addition, 20 Jun 2011
This was a last minute purchase which became invaluable as a guide to Cork and Kerry. The map is excellent and the information contained is more than enough to get a feel of where you are going and where you want to be.

West Cork Walks (O'Brien Walks)
West Cork Walks (O'Brien Walks)
by Kevin Corcoran
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another O'Brien masterpiece, 20 Jun 2011
What we like about these O'Brien books is the fact that so much information has been assembled that it feels as though you have your own guide by your side while walking these walks. Another excellent way of exploring this part of Ireland.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6