Profile for Dangerous Dave > Reviews

by AA Publishing
Edition: Map
Price: 7.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Explorations with directions, 5 Oct 2012
This map was a real treasure for us as we not only used it to explore the area but also to navigate between the places where we were staying. These maps are clear, informative and unlike satnavs will allow you to gain additional information for your journey from other sources such as landmarks, churches ,pubs and so forth. I'm old fashioned enough to believe that maps are useful but also can be beautiful.

Walking in the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean
Walking in the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean
by Alastair Ross
Price: 4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Have a sense of humour, 5 Oct 2012
This publication could have been clearer on directions which lead to some unplanned explorations on our walks. Do not get me wrong, the walks are good and we felt this allowed us to gain a real sense of what the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley are all about. However, we did fail to find the car parks for two of the walks and this is when the driver has have to have a sense of humour as the passenger tries to work out the directions (a T junction is different from a turn off author!!!) Overall it does a good job, but it could have been better. NOTE - The Goodrich and Coppett Hill walk at point 3 has since June 2012 a proposed footpath closure notice.

Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide)
Ancient Britain (Historical Map and Guide)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map
Price: 4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A good guide for us 'Ancient' buffs, 19 Sep 2012
There is something about stone circles and ancient monuments which makes us think long and hard about the eternal questions of why, what, when and how? This guide will not answer those questions but it will allow you to find those monuments in order to visit and ponder those questions. A clear, practical guide which does what is required and with some information about what you are looking for to boot.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy [DVD] [1981]
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ Simon Jones
Price: 6.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the Radio adaptation first, 14 July 2012
I hold my hands up and have to say that I'm a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan. I can remember watching this in my youth and when it came up within my recommendations I gave in to the nostalgia effect and purchased this DVD. The Radio adaptation is rich and full of mulit-layered gems which understandably this DVD lacks. You would need to know about and listen to the radio programmes to understand some of the story line in the DVD, but on the other hand by doing so it reduces the depth and quality of the DVD when compared with the radio adaptations. The effects are dated, but what do you expect with its age and I have a serious problem with the actor playing Ford Prefect. All in all its OK, but listen to the Radio adaptations instead

Stone Walls
Stone Walls
by Mariana Ruth Cook
Price: 27.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Stone and Art, 13 July 2012
This review is from: Stone Walls (Hardcover)
Firstly, as I am Chairman of the Dorset Dry Stone Wallers you would expect that I would get off on this - and you are right I did! But not in the way you might think. Stone walls can be works of art and even old decaying walls can have its own beauty. This is above all an 'Art book' with wonderful photographs and should be viewed as such. However, it also provokes thought of personal space and your relationship with the enviroment around you (all be it in this case the countryside). Don't be put off by the concept of it just being about 'stonewalls' it does go much more further than that and with its good quality photographs and writing it's well worth the read.

Lux Optical - Safety Glasses -POKELUX
Lux Optical - Safety Glasses -POKELUX
Offered by QUALITY SAFETY PRODUCTS
Price: 2.70

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 13 July 2012
I'm not to sure how you can stretch a review for safety glasses but perhaps I have have just done it! These glasses are light, strong and does the job I wanted them for. They also look good and are comfortable. What more can I say?

The Virgin Years: 1977-1983
The Virgin Years: 1977-1983
Price: 14.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to Tangerine Dream, 13 July 2012
My first introduction to Tangerine Dream was my purchase of a 10 disc box set which turned out to be quite frankly dire and well worth avoiding. This, on the other hand, saved the day for Tangerine Dream as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoyed the music which was how I imagined Tangerine Dream should sound like and it's catchy enough to able to play over and over again without it getting on your nerves. Well worth buying and well worthy listening to.

Pathfinder Norfolk: Walks (Pathfinder Guide)
Pathfinder Norfolk: Walks (Pathfinder Guide)
by Crimson Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid guides, 13 July 2012
You really cannot go wrong with these guides. They are detailed and easy to follow as well as having clear directions and informative maps. I used this one on holiday in Norfolk and was able to explore areas which I might have not visited without this guide and enjoyed some of those related experiences that sometimes arise from these walks.

Sherlock Holmes - Complete Collection [DVD]
Sherlock Holmes - Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Brett
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Sherlock collections, 13 July 2012
This will always be, in my mind at least, one of the best 'traditional' Sherlock Holmes series ever. I accept that compared to the present modernising of Arthur Conan Doyle's stories these programes may seem a little bit dated but please recognise Jeremy Brett's outstanding performance of a man driven by brilliance as well as being eccentric and aloof. This is a classic adaptation, so sit back and enjoy being entertained while at the same time being bowled over by how young some of our well know actors looked back then!

An Electronic Journey
An Electronic Journey
Price: 12.45

3.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!, 25 May 2012
This review is from: An Electronic Journey (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of such groups as Kraftwerk, OMD, Eurasure, Gary Numan etc... for many, many years and throughout people have said to me that if I enjoyed that sort of music then I should enjoy Tangerine Dream. So, I took the plunge and bought their 'An Electronic Journey' and sat down with bated breath and played the first disc. All I can say is that it sounded like a Corporate sound track to a training film.This could not be the sort of quality music which this group has produced which inspired those people to tell me that this group was worth a listen. 10 discs of bland music and dire singing! However, I did not give up and bought 'The Virgin Years' later which is by and far superior in all aspects to this collection. If you want an introduction to Tangerine Dream avoid this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6