Profile for Dangerous Dave > Reviews

CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2013
by Roger Protz
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bible for me, 25 May 2014
I am a real ale fan and use this guide to find pubs in an area where I want to go exploring with friends. It's packed with very useful information, readable and useable. As a guide it is brilliant, but like anyother guide it cannot say if you are going to like the pub because that's down to the staff creating a good atmosphere.

INNOCENTS
INNOCENTS
Price: 13.32

3.0 out of 5 stars It has its moments, 25 May 2014
This review is from: INNOCENTS (Audio CD)
I have a growing number of Moby albums and this is the latest addition. As an artist Moby is very creative and has produced some excellent work, of which I have really enjoyed listening too. However, on this album there are a few outstanding tracks but many seem to be like old friends dressed in different clothes. To be honest I have had to listen to this 4 or 5 times to get it to grow upon me and it's not as good as Destroyed by a long way.

This Is What I Do
This Is What I Do
Price: 7.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry George, 25 May 2014
This review is from: This Is What I Do (Audio CD)
I bought this after listening to some interviews given by Boy George on the radio and was curious to listen to 'What he does now'. After a few playings I knew this was not for me and lost interest very quickly. I wish him well as he clearly has a new verve for life.

Roberts RD21B(ECO4) Ecologic 4 DAB/FM RDS Digital Stereo Radio wth up to 150 Hours Battery Life - Black
Price: 68.99

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB delighted, 25 May 2014
I love radio more that I do television and this radio is excellent for my enjoyment of that medium. This one was recommed by Which? and has proved to be a valuable addition to my listening delight. I've got good DAB reception (otherwise it would have been pointless buying it) and the radio has the features I want and is not saddled with extra's I would not use. A very good buy.

History Of Modern
History Of Modern
Offered by Side Two
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Now, this is what I call OMD, 25 May 2014
This review is from: History Of Modern (Audio CD)
An album which is varried enough to be interesting, while retaining the OMD electroic style. To my mind one of the outstanding albums to come from the OMD stable. Of course some tracks are going to be better than the others but in this case you do not mind because the weaker ones compliment the stronger ones (although may be best OMD to stay away from the 'Brittany Spears' style songs).

English Electric
English Electric
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OMD, but not at there best, 25 May 2014
This review is from: English Electric (Audio CD)
To me this album is all right but it does not float my boat so to speak. The quality is of a high standard and OMD are a great electric but I find I do not play it as much as I do History of Modern. There is something missing here and it's difficult to put a finger upon it.

Electric
Electric
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boys are back, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
After the disapointing Elysium the Boys are back doing what they do best and that is stompping good electric beats. Although like all good albums should be, that's to say full of different tones and hues, this has guts and delivers an impact.
Welcome back lads!

Time
Time
Price: 8.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ELO, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
I can remember buying this as a vinly album many years ago and loving it. Most of my friend were into punk/new romantics'but I struck out buying records I liked listening too. Moreover, I feel ELO have been underrated but have stood the test of time. This album has the catchey tunes and epic production which makes ELO such an outstanding group.

Incantations
Incantations
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Mike, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Incantations (Audio CD)
I'm a fan of Mike Oldfield and like all good artists they have their good days and bad days. Thankfully Incantations was a good day. If anyone wanted to sample some of his work this would be a good introduction as it's typical of his style.

30 Walks in Herefordshire & Worcestershire (AA 30 Walks in)
30 Walks in Herefordshire & Worcestershire (AA 30 Walks in)
by AA Publishing
Edition: Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction, 25 May 2014
I find these walking cards a great introduction to an area where I intend to explore. They are very easily carried (note: they are small and can slip out out hand if not careful!) and provide varried walks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6