Profile for Ben > Reviews

Ben

OCZ VTXPLR2-25SAT2-240G 2.5 inch 240GB Vertex Plus R2 SATA II MLC Internal SSD
OCZ VTXPLR2-25SAT2-240G 2.5 inch 240GB Vertex Plus R2 SATA II MLC Internal SSD

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well until it failed, 23 Jun 2013
Got it to replace a HDD on my laptop to give it a bit of a speed boost. Did the job very well, great boost in speed over a HDD and gave my laptop a breath of life, unfortunately after purchasing in March this year, 3 months later the drive has totally failed. It is now no longer even detectable by the system or a second system I tested it in, I have unfortunately had to revert back to my old HDD in the laptop, losing all the data I had stored.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, Motorola Droid, Moto X G, PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, 9 April 2013
Pretty, good build quality and does exactly what it should do. No complaints!
Holds enough charge to charge my Nexus 4 a few times on the road and has made having a smartphone less of a worry about running out of battery mid-day.

Transcend 8GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card with Adapter
Transcend 8GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card with Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Tried it for my projector, 11 Dec 2011
I got the card for my pico projector which takes Micro SDHC, but it won't read this card atall, I had to replace it.

I now use it in the adapter as a normal SD card though and it works fine :)

Acer C110 DLP Projector (2000:1, 50 Lumens, 854x480) (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by GSM-Fonz (We are taking orders of Apple iphone 6 and 6 Plus)

2.0 out of 5 stars Projector itself is fine, interface.. not so much., 24 Oct 2011
I personally was torn between this and the Samsung SP-H03 for a little projector to do some TV and gaming with. I went for this one because I believed that the single cable was better than both a VGA and power one, I was wrong. The processing power needed to convert your video over to USB for the projector was roughly 40% of my Core 2 Duo, it doesn't interact with your graphics settings (to change resolution etc) but uses its own small, unintuitive, program supplied by ACER that installs when you plug it in. In addition, the majority of games wouldn't play using a USB projector, they simply refused to do anything other than black-screen on the projector, despite being mirrored on my laptop fine.

Onto the image itself, suitably bright especially for its pricing. You won't be using this in a bright room but for a dimmed or dark room, it's totally fine. Colours were decent and the 480 resolution was totally acceptable for things like TV. This is if you don't mind a choppy framerate when simply watching a video, I guess this might be a limitation of using the USB for both power and video, but this isn't a smooth experience by any means, more suited to a powerpoint than video or gaming.

I have to say though, just so that i'm not totally negative, if all you're after is a little projector for your mobile powerpoints etc. then this really does fit the bill, it's pretty light and cheap. :)

Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality!, 2 Sep 2010
Got blu-ray player on my laptop and decided to give something a shot, heard that planet earth, while only 1080i rather than the superior 1080p, was the best you could find, and since I got it on sale at a pretty decent price, i'd say if you see it on sale, it's definatley worth a grab!