Profile for Kelvina Footlambert > Reviews

Content by Kelvina Footla...

Kelvina Footlambert "Kelvina Footlambert"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Parachute
Parachute

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 17 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Parachute (Audio CD)
I love this album, it has been a favourite since 1970. That said why are people saying it was Rolling Stone album of the year in 70 or 71? It should have been, but sadly it wasn't. In 1970 Rolling Stone album of the year was John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band and 1971 it was Simon and Garfunkel. The Pretty Things weren't even in the list for either of those years, despite what any website may say ( I was an avid RS reader back then ). I remember Parachute being virtualy ignored at the time because major league albums were being released on a weekly basis.. Zeppelin III, Beatles, Stones, Floyd, in fact most artists from that period put out what were to become classic albums, and yet Parachute sits comfortably along side all of those albums.
Check this out...In 1975, Rolling Stone critic Steve Turner even wrote that it had been "a Rolling Stone 'album of the year'," though in fact Parachute did not place among the magazine's Albums of the Year for 1970 or 1971, and indeed was not mentioned in Rolling Stone until Stephen Holden called it an "obscure underground classic" in his review of Freeway Madness.

Wenger Giant Swiss Army Knife
Wenger Giant Swiss Army Knife
Offered by Vertical Extreme

3.0 out of 5 stars Wot no Bike?, 3 Feb. 2015
I bought it to repair my folding bike, but it is bigger than my folding bike. Which got me thinking, why didn't they add a bike to it in the first place?

Listening to Van Morrison
Listening to Van Morrison
by Greil Marcus

1.0 out of 5 stars Little wonder Van Morrison doesn't like books about himself., 10 Dec. 2014
If Van Morrison fans wonder why he hates books about himself this very book could be the reason.

Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Nov. 2014
This is so tiny that it .....hang on where is it??

eSecure High Speed USB Card Reader for Digital Memory Cards - Wide Compatibility

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget the compact flash., 30 Aug. 2014
Forget the compact flash slot, I have several CF cards and I couldn't get any of them to go into the slot enough to make contact with the pins. The other types of cards like SD, XD etc..work differently and don't have the "pin to hole" problem that compact flash has so they all work fine. It claims to be able read 150 types of memory card, but 20 of the listed compatible ones are.....compact flash!!! Buy a better make if you need one for your CF cards.

Dahon Vitesse Folding Bike - Black
Dahon Vitesse Folding Bike - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bike I have ever owned. Look out Bradley Wiggins., 30 Aug. 2014
I decided to get back into cycling and tried one of these with a view to buying one, and ...well .. I bought one.. I am so glad I did, the seat and handle bars were so easily adjustable I made the bike feel like it was made for me in minutes. As mentioned I was returning to cycling and I had owned several bikes in the past, including racing bikes, but as I wasn't planning on competing with Bradley Wiggins I didn't fancy another cumbersome racer. I was a little dubious with the small wheels and the fact that it was a folding bike, but after a few minutes I completely forgot I was riding a 20 inch wheeled folder. I am amazed how good this bike feels, and I can honestly say it is the best bike I have ever owned. Don't be put off by the "commuter bike" image, I have just come back from a 26 mile ride on my sturdy steed. And I reckon if Wiggo had a Dahon, I would be a serious challenge, no sweat!

Treasure Island
Treasure Island
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Rolling Dylan., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Treasure Island (Audio CD)
If this was a Stones album it would be a classic. If you have never heard of this guy do yourself a favour and find some samples, starting with Wooden Floor, ( which also features Mick Taylor ). Nikki Sudden is surely one of rock's best kept secrets oozing and dripping the kind of streetwise swagger of 70's Dylan. Of all of Nikki Sudden's albums this is his most consistent and heart felt.

The Philosopher's Stone: the Unreleased Tapes
The Philosopher's Stone: the Unreleased Tapes
Offered by \/\/ WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET /\/\

5.0 out of 5 stars This has to be the best out takes album ever., 18 July 2014
I put CD 2 on first by mistake and from the opening track The Streets Only Knew your name I was spellbound. That track alone is far better than the version on Inarticulate Speech of the Heart, and has the listener yearning for the street where they grew up. That is a theme that Van Morrison often returns to, like Got to go Back from the No Guru, No Method album. He poses the question, what is more precious in life than your memories when you were growing up? There is more soul in that track alone than most artists entire back catalog, and that was just track 1 CD2. The whole album certainly doesn't feel like you are listening to an album of tracks that didn't make the albums they were intended for, even the more familiar tracks like Bright Side of The Road sound better for being slightly less produced and more harmonica on it.

Grass Snakes
Grass Snakes
by Robert Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Grass Snakes (Paperback)
I love the book and the subject, and would love to ask the author a couple of questions about my experiences with natrix natrix. I found my first wild grass snake 20 years ago this june, and the magical feeling has never left me.

Laughing Stock
Laughing Stock
Offered by Squirrelsounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of a trio., 26 May 2014
This review is from: Laughing Stock (Audio CD)
Many reviewers mention that Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden go well together, but if you add the Mark Hollis solo album to those two it makes a perfectly paced triple album, with Laughing Stock being the center piece.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4