Profile for Kelvina Footlambert > Reviews

Content by Kelvina Footla...

Kelvina Footlambert "Kelvina Footlambert"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Captain Beyond
Captain Beyond
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album you have never heard?, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Captain Beyond (Audio CD)
It's 1972, I was browsing through the racks of vinyl ( no CD's back then kids) I already had most of the albums by well known artist's back then but was always looking for something new. There was an album playing that I had never heard, as I listened to it I was trying to work out who it was as it sounded pretty good. By the third track I new I was going to buy it regardless of who it was. It was Captain Beyond, and is probably my most played album over the 42 years that I have owned it, so to get it again on CD was very welcome. It is one of those albums that doesn't need to be expanded or any of that nonsense, to alter it in anyway would spoil it. If you were around in the late 60's early 70's and you have never heard this, it is going to be the best album you have never heard. You could put it proudly next to Electric Ladyland, Zeppelin IV and Dark Side of the Moon, and it wouldn't be out of place.

Sea Change
Sea Change

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Morning Phase you'll love this., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Sea Change (Audio CD)
Having bought Beck's new album Morning Phase, I was advised it was a companion for Sea Change, which I thought was rather odd as there is a twelve year gap between the two albums, and Beck has covered many styles since 2002. But the two albums really do go together, in fact I almost consider the two to be a double album a bit like Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock. I can't believe I missed this one all those years ago.

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and feel., 3 April 2014
I have tried many headphones, and I always test them with my favorite tracks so I can judge the sound knowing how the songs should be heard to my ears. I can honestly say that these are the best I have heard so far, and that includes far more expensive ones £100+..honestly if you blind folded me so I didn't have any pre-conceptions these are the ones I would buy. So for under £20 these are fantastic, I was amazed. Also I was amazed to find that these were getting great reviews 8 years ago in 2006, so the other thing to bear in mind the consistency. Oh and they are comfortable with a generous 3 meter wire, so they haven't made any cutbacks to achieve the unbelievable price.

Morning Phase
Morning Phase

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year so far., 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Morning Phase (Audio CD)
I had never been a big fan of Beck, but I bought this album after hearing a couple of tracks and I haven't stopped playing it for two weeks now. It is just gorgeous, to give you an idea of my impressions think Crosby Stills and Nash singing Nick Drake songs with a bit of Neil Young thrown in. I know all of those artist's are from the 70's and Morning Phase reminds me of those laid back free and easy days. Every track is superb and I will be checking out Beck's other stuff at some point.

Neewer Universal Flash Bounce Diffuser Softbox for for Neewer TT560 TT520 TT660 NW680 TT850 TT860 Flash Canon Nikon SLR / DSLR Cameras NG - F01
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably simple but indespensible., 24 Feb. 2014
I lost my £20+ Nikon diffuser as it kept falling off, this one secures safely, does not fall off and in all honesty it gives a better soft-light all for £4. Could not ask for more. Great product, great price.

Kingston 32GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler Mini Flash Drive - Cyan
Kingston 32GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler Mini Flash Drive - Cyan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best USB stick so far., 31 Jan. 2014
I have numerous USB sticks, I can't resist the new one's that Kingston bring out and until now my most treasured ones were the solid metal ones (DTSE). SanDisk are also good but they are all plastic. This one is metal but has a plastic end for attaching to a key ring or lanyard, but the thing that makes this one so good is the speed it writes and reads with it's USB 3.0 capability. As mentioned I have numerous sticks and some have been a complete waste of time and plastic such as the iBoutique ones, but Kingston, SanDisk and Maxell have never failed on me yet, and I use them a lot. This one is an absolute beauty. Well done Kingston, I am getting the Grey 64gb version next.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 10:37 AM GMT

If I Could Only Remember My Name
If I Could Only Remember My Name

5.0 out of 5 stars I Couldn't remember either., 9 Jan. 2014
I know I heard this back in the 70's and couldn't remember who it was until I played the samples and recognised it. And if you think I have just landed from planet Zog, I notice at the time of writing that Amazon have new copies of this from £3.45..but, wait for it bargain hunters.. for a penny more at £3.46 you can have a secondhand one!! And I thought the 70's were crazy.

Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer
Offered by The Music Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Pre-Rumer but more bluesy., 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Little Dreamer (Audio CD)
This CD came 2 years out before Rumer's first album, and with better promotion Beth Rowley could have been as well known. If anyone reading this owns and likes Rumer's Season of my Soul, you will like this. Beth if you are reading this, where are you? I keep looking at your website and it is still idle and hasn't been updated for 3 years.

Wireless Radio Flash Trigger Control with Umbrella Holder for Nikon Canon Flashgun
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. I came back for a second one., 11 Mar. 2013
RE: my last review, I came back for a second one and this new one also has a brolly holder, so even better than the first one I bought a month ago.
Easy to use, works like a dream every time, and for this price it is the best bargain ever! If you are looking for a remote flash trigger, then don't hesitate. Jessops used to do a similar one but it was three times this price.

Kaavie 4 Channel PT-04 Wireless Radio Flash Trigger Control with Transmitter
Kaavie 4 Channel PT-04 Wireless Radio Flash Trigger Control with Transmitter
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars The best EVER value item and only 5 stars???, 17 Feb. 2013
The funny thing is I went to Jessops to buy a remote flash to camera device on the very day they announced that they where going into liquidation, the cheapest one they had was £50. Anyway, after a bit of thought I decided to give Jessops a miss on the premise that I would not have any come back should it go wrong. So I ended up here on Amazon and saw this for £17.95, well I thought I'd give it go. I can happily say it is utterly AMAZING, attach it any flash gun with a hotshoe mount and the camera hotshoe and away you go. It took me seconds to figure this out, and I thought it would be a right pain. I must add that I am a pro photographer, and I have studio lighting and all the things that would be expected from a pro studio, but as a simple portable set up with two or three flash guns this is the best value item I have EVER bought, and I have been a photographer since 1975. Thank you to the seller, I may buy a couple more as I am planning a photo shoot with several flash guns all going off at the same time. The only issue I have is that I can only leave five out of five stars, when I would gladly give this 100 out of 100. Thank you UK Highland Photography/Kaavie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4