Profile for Phase58 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rush
Rush

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not a sugar rush, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Rush (Kindle Edition)
I don't understand football - especially the american kind, I have no idea what a forty is but I think I know what a line backer might be, so I got a bit of an education.
This was a tender story about two young men who hid who they were from the world until one is almost fatally injured. It was written well and I really felt for both boys.
Yes, its hard being gay in any sport and players mostly come out once their careers are over, but it shouldn't have to be like that. This is a touching story about Brandon and Alec, Brandon has the career lined up in football, but he loves Alex and feels right with him like he doesn't in anything else in life except football. He wants both but will he keep hiding who he is from his team mates, his parents, himself?
Read it and find out, I really loved it, at one point I was almost in tears and to make me feel something like that I always think is the sign of a darn good read.

Dangerously Happy
Dangerously Happy

4.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously good read, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Dangerously Happy (Kindle Edition)
This was a really great read, the book started off really well, the descriptive and insightful way it was written I found really brilliant. I enjoyed the story, it took its time and unfolded really well. I enjoyed the bdsm, it was fairly tame but not out of place at all in the overall tale. The story wasn't predictable as I thought it would be and I thoroughly enjoyed it only to find that this is the only m/m novel this author has written, which is a shame.
Excellent book, she should attempt more in this genre.

Vampire Prince
Vampire Prince
Price: 4.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Fangs galore, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Vampire Prince (Kindle Edition)
I like a vampire tale, this was fine if a little predictable on plot but it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the book. I liked Sebastian, he had spunk, as did the good vamps and demon Sal. The baddies were died in the wool villains and you just know how its going to end. I enjoyed it. This is my 2nd Frost and I will read more.

Six Degrees of Lust
Six Degrees of Lust
Price: 5.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Six degrees of unsatisfactory, 14 July 2014
I don't think this story could be dragged out to three books. I found it confusing by the vast amount of characters introduced to us. I like the two main characters Mac and Sam, but Mac needs to get a backbone and stop being a doormat and Sam...just needs to sort himself out. From the way its heading Julian is the psycho so I'm hoping there's a twist there; Sasha, Nicky, domestic violence, ex wife, lots of trips away when you're on the case of a serial killer, I think Taylor, you are filling a book with fluff and tempting us with crumbs. I don't know if I'm tempted enough, this was way over my maximum spend and I was disappointed it didn't have a satisfactory conclusion.

Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles)
Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles)
Price: 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Awful cover picture, brilliant continuation, 13 July 2014
Ah, Bear. I love your complicated, over thinking, naive, gullible self.
I love Bear's internal debates the most as they just have a life of their own and made me chuckle plus I empathised with them, for goodness sake.
This book wasn't quite as brilliant as the other two but I would give it 4.75 if I could, I think this might be my own fault for reading The Art of Breathing first (duh). This is funny yet very moving and makes you laugh and want to cry too, but I have to say the cover picture won't win any prizes.
I cannot wait for book number 4. I love these characters and their 'family', god how great would it be if we all had a support system like that?
Fab trilogy TJ, get cracking on number 4!

Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles)
Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles)
Price: 4.28

5.0 out of 5 stars this did not detract from my enjoyment. I read a review and find this is ..., 10 July 2014
I have read these books in the wrong order, reading the last one first, however, this did not detract from my enjoyment. I read a review and find this is not an original work (apparently) - who cares, I read one appalling book that was a gay Dallas, this book is nowhere near appalling, its brilliant. I had no trouble with the style of writing, I really get Bear's internal debates and I completely get his devotion to Tyson and how hard it was for him to come to terms with his feelings for Otter. This was a great book and although I knew what happened it still had me in knots reading it. I of course will now red the next book.

The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles)
The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles)
Price: 4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-blooming-tastic, 6 July 2014
I really, really wish I had read the other two books before this, but even as a stand alone this was brilliant, an utterly marvellous read. It was funny, serious, heartbreaking in its honesty and just downright wonderful. You are there, in the middle of this family, this genius boy child and his crazy brother who loves Ty with his whole heart and wants to wrap him in cotton wool like most parents do, but Ty's growing up, as all children do and he has to deal with his issues, his feelings, his most secret fears. The characters are so believable, so real, its as if you know them personally and it takes a good author to make you feel anything like that.
I shall read the other two books just because the story telling of TJ Klune is so damn good and I want to see how Bear and Otter meet and everything that entails.
This was just so refreshing to read, it grabs you and pulls you along for the rollercoaster ride and when you get off you still want more. I never wanted it to end.

Owning Corey
Owning Corey

3.0 out of 5 stars Turning the straight guy, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Owning Corey (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to like this story, it started out fairly well but the more I read the more I sat shaking my head. Half way through you got perspectives from both protagonists, Corey first then Ben which was unsettling.
Corey was this hot built stud that everyone fell for, but he'd lived on the streets since he was 15. Duh? There's a contradiction in there.
Ben was a repressed miserable depressed Doctor who was filthy rich to boot. They had a threesome and Ben was smitten with Corey and from there it deteriorated even further into the realms of the ridiculous.
It was just a little too much of a stretch to believe. You have to have a little reality in these fantasies; yeah fantasy - but you want to believe it could happen. With Ben and his antebellum gaff and streetwise Corey - not so much, in face never in a million years.

Kissing Cody Starr
Kissing Cody Starr
Price: 2.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Snogalicious, 29 Jun 2014
Good story, nice plot, one bug bear. Finn's parents came from Ireland, Finn was a soldier and it implied his father was one too - in the IRA. The IRA were the Al Quaeda of their day, so his dad wasn't a soldier but a terrorist. All that aside, it was a pleasant read and it didn't go as I figured which was fine, as I hate knowing what's going to happen before it does, with the exception of - we all know you'll get a HEA. I will check out other work from this author.

Men of Smithfield: Adam and Holden
Men of Smithfield: Adam and Holden
Price: 1.08

3.0 out of 5 stars whodunnit, 28 Jun 2014
It took me a bit to get into this and it was really more of a whodunnit than anything else. Some of the characters from previous books appear, well one anyway that I can remember. It was Ok and I actually grew to like it more the longer I read. It was an easy read as all Smithfield books have been. There's not much else to say - easy reading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20