Profile for mike g > Reviews

Beacon Theatre: Live From New York [DVD] [2012]
Beacon Theatre: Live From New York [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Joe Bonamassa

5.0 out of 5 stars You are there, 24 Feb 2013
I took the male members of my family to see Joe at Newcastle and none of us were disappointed.The line up was the same as that on this DVD.Dare I say it.........this is even more enjoyable!The production is excellent;both sound and vision.Joe is his usual spectactular self but stays out of the spotlight when his guests[John Hiatt,Beth Hart and Paul Rodgers are performing].The band is tightly knit and obviously enjoy playing together.There is not a dull moment whether it be Blues or Rock the group is playing but for me there are two stand out performances.John Hiatt`s Down Around My Place and Beth Hart`s I`ll Take Care Of You which are sung with immense passion!I normally believe a live performance beats a recorded one but this is an exception.You are almost there and this is by far the best music dvd I own.
Mike G

Live From The Royal Albert Hall
Live From The Royal Albert Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars what a performance, 17 Mar 2011
I am new to joe`s work but not for much longer!!This is a staggering performance containing some blues/rock music of the highest order.You must get this album.What a modest performer who clearly likes to share his music with anyone who appreciates his "sound".