Profile for C. I. Lund > Reviews

The Road to Escondido
The Road to Escondido
Price: 7.24

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Clapton Album, 21 April 2011
This review is from: The Road to Escondido (Audio CD)
This is my favourite Clapton album. It didn't happen overnight. In fact I stopped listening to it and bought J.J. Cale albums instead. When I had learned to appreciate J.J. Cale's music, I listened to ".. Escondido" again. This time I was able to reach the deeper layers of the music. I have been a Clapton fan for more than forty years. For many years, "461 Ocean Boulevard" was my favourite. Both albums contain multi-layered music, I think. I do not agree that ".. Escondido" is a J.J. Cale album. Neither is "461 Ocean Boulevard" a Bob Marley album. Both albums acknowledge the said musicians, but they feature other great musicians as well, among them Clapton at his best.

"The Road to Escondido" is great in my car, and it is great a late night in my favourite chair.

At Fillmore East (Deluxe Edition)
At Fillmore East (Deluxe Edition)
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, what a good production does, 1 Dec 2009
I had the "old" album, when I ordered the Deluxe Edition. On the old album, I enjoyed Duane Allmans excellence. On the Deluxe, I enjoy the music.

Hitler: A Study in Tyranny
Hitler: A Study in Tyranny
by Allan Bullock
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book, 11 Oct 2009
Fascinating, interesting, easy readable even for a non-Englishman like me without prior knowledge of the life of Hitler. Gives credit to the skills of Hitler, but do not glorify the man. Pictures the background on which Hitler rose from bottom to top of the German society.