Profile for Cathy White > Reviews

Content by Cathy White

Cathy White (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
58mm Snap-On lens Cap Cover for Canon EF-S 18-55mm/55-250mm/50mm/70-300mm + Nikon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly., 20 Mar. 2015
Being a numpty, I originally bought the wrong size but the seller was extremely helpful and efficient and I replaced it for one the correct size with no bother. The replacement fits my camera perfectly. No complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, clever, brilliant, 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: 40 (Kindle Edition)
I loved this. A real mix of styles here - I've got to admit I skipped over a couple but there were so many more I found funny, clever and evocative. My only complaint is I wish there was more of it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars If you can work out how to use it, it makes nice soup, 8 Nov. 2014
If you can work out how to use it (the instruction manual is hopeless), it does make delicious soup and blends well (use the low programme if you want it to blend automatically, or the high programme if you want chunky soup/want to leave it until the end to start the blender yourself).

It's a big, heavy piece of equipment (and with it being heavy, that also makes it quite difficult to clean as you can't immerse the jug in water as the electronics are on the underside), so make sure you have room in your kitchen.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2015 5:07 PM GMT

Mcoplus - MC-DC2 Remote switch shutter release cable for Nikon DSLR Cameras :- D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D600, D7000, D7100, D90 as MC-DC2
Offered by Mcoplus

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 Nov. 2014
This is the first remote shutter I've used, so I've nothing to compare it with, but it arrived within a couple of days, no set-up required (just plug it into your camera), it's easy to use and I'm looking forward to using it in conjunction with my tripod.

INFINITY USB FOOT PEDAL (IN-USB-2)
INFINITY USB FOOT PEDAL (IN-USB-2)
Offered by Boxshifters

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the home user, 28 Mar. 2014
As a legal secretary for over ten years, I'm used to working with professional equipment so I know what I expect from a foot pedal. This foot pedal is great. Just plug it in and it's set up in seconds. You can customise it so you have the pedals to function as you want them to (I've got the right pedal set to play, the middle one to stop and the left one to rewind). Although it doesn't have the automatic backspace when you lift your foot off the 'play' pedal (hence 4 stars not 5), you can set the 'stop' pedal to automatically backspace when pressed, and this doesn't take much getting used to. I use the foot pedal combined with the NCH Express Scribe software which, as other reviewers have mentioned, is no longer free but I purchased it for $19, so not a huge price to pay. All in all, when you consider the price, this is the perfect foot pedal for the home or small office user.

The Quorn Kitchen: 70 Easy, Home Cooked Recipes from Our Kitchen to Yours
The Quorn Kitchen: 70 Easy, Home Cooked Recipes from Our Kitchen to Yours

5.0 out of 5 stars What to do with those chicken-style pieces and fillets, and more, 26 Mar. 2014
Using the Quorn Mince is easy - use it in spaghetti bolognaise, lasagne, chilli, etc. but I can never think of anything to do with the chicken-style pieces or fillets. This book has recipes for all the products in the Quorn range (not the ready meals, obviously) and I haven't made a bad dish yet. If you like Quorn, you'll love this book (try the sausage and crushed potato pie - it's fab).

10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettleball Fat Burner [DVD] [2008]
10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettleball Fat Burner [DVD] [2008]
Offered by 101Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Good workout but misleading title, 12 Mar. 2014
Like the other reviewers have pointed out - the instructor in this DVD uses a dumbbell, not a kettlebell. She says you can use a kettlebell but some of the exercises are much more comfortable using a dumbbell. I've enjoyed the ten minute workouts though, so would recommend if you have dumbbells.

4 x T 1631 XL - Multipack Epson Compatible Ink Cartridges for Epson WorkForce WF-2010W - ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH Epson WorkForce WF-2010W, WF-2510WF, WF-2520NF, WF-2530WF, WF-2540WF Printers - Latest Version Double Capacity Inks - T1631 (Contains 4x : T 1631) - Black - Multipack ***By TriINKS***
Offered by Triangle MMAA

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 Jan. 2014
I'd never used compatible ink cartridges before, so I was a bit worried but I needn't have been. They fit perfectly into the printer and the quality of the print is excellent. Haven't used them long enough to know how long they last, but happy so far.

TRIXES Bicycle Bike Mount Holder for iPhone 4 4S Mobile Phone Accessory
TRIXES Bicycle Bike Mount Holder for iPhone 4 4S Mobile Phone Accessory
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Aug. 2013
Does exactly what it's made for - holds my iphone securely to my handlebars and is adjustable so you can tilt it to the position you want it in. Ordered it Tuesday lunchtime, was with me Wednesday morning. A bargain price too, what more do you want?

Vegetarian Supercook
Vegetarian Supercook
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, beautiful photos, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Vegetarian Supercook (Paperback)
I've had this book for a few years now and have never made a disappointing meal from it.

Don't worry about the 'Parmesan' comments in the other reviews - at the beginning of the book it says "... buy parmesan-style cheese instead of traditional Parmesan which is not vegetarian', so I'm assuming it was just easier to type 'parmesan' whenever it's mentioned in the book, rather than 'parmesan-style cheese' each time.

A few of the recipes I've made and loved have been:

omelette cannelloni with spinach filling
vegetarian pad thai
creamy cashew korma
coulibiac with soured cream sauce
chargrilled artichoke heart and basil frittata
whisky cream banoffee pie

and all the above recipes are accompanied by beautiful colour photos.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3