Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Carl Rollyson > Reviews

Content by Carl Rollyson

Carl Rollyson (Cape May Court House, NJ USA)

Amy Lowell, Diva Poet
Amy Lowell, Diva Poet
by Melissa Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A ground breaking book, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Amy Lowell, Diva Poet (Hardcover)
Melissa Bradshaw's careful examination of Amy Lowell as poet and public performer made a huge difference in the way I wrote my biography of Lowell. In effect, Bradshaw overturns decades of wrongheaded and mean spirited accounts of a wonderful writer whose life and work deserve the most careful consideration. Lowell made a huge contribution to poetry, not only in her own work but in her indefatigable efforts on behalf of other poets. And she increased and enriched the audience for poetry.

Michael Foot: A Life
Michael Foot: A Life
by Kenneth O. Morgan

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy work, 27 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Michael Foot: A Life (Hardcover)
Kenneth Morgan's bibliography lists me as Clyde Rollyson, not correctly as Carl Rollyson. He lists my book as TO BE A WOMAN and leaves off the important subtitle, A LIFE OF JILL CRAIGIE (Michael Foot's wife). He lists the publisher of my book as Ashgate. The publisher is, in fact, Aurum Press. Worst of all, he appropriates the story of Foot's affair with "Lamia" recounted in full detail in my book, TO BE A WOMAN, without even citing my book. Indeed he provides no source at all, not even an interview with Michael Foot, who I interviewed extensively for my book. The press has given Mr. Morgan credit for a story that is not his, and I can see why, since he does not acknowledge my work.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2015 10:01 PM BST