Profile for Mrs. V. Dancer > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. Dancer

Mrs. V. Dancer "Vicky" (Australia)

Chatsworth [DVD]
Chatsworth [DVD]
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great behind the scenes view of famous Chatsworth, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Chatsworth [DVD] (DVD)
I am from Australia and recently visited Chatsworth without knowing a great deal about it's history or the background of the Devonshire family. It was great to go behind the scenes to see just how the whole estate runs and to gain an insight into the family. Being very interested in the famous Mitford sisters, I was intrigued to find out that the Dowager Duchess is indeed the youngest of these sisters! I really enjoyed the Chatsworth DVD and I feel sure that I will want to watch it again and again.

The Life and Times of Call the Midwife
The Life and Times of Call the Midwife
by Jenny Agutter
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 21 May 2013
A great insight into the early 50s in Britain and midwifery at that time. Interesting to read how the TV series was made and a little about Jennifer Worth, the author.

The Women In Black
The Women In Black
by Madelaine St. John
Price: 6.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little read, 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Women In Black (Paperback)
Fascinating and amusing little novel. A delightful read that got under my skin! Will probably appeal more to women of a certain age though.

Hamish MacBeth : Series 1-3 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Hamish MacBeth : Series 1-3 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle
Price: 22.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Hamish MacBeth, 4 Dec 2012
I am just loving this series (I haven't finished watching it yet as it is so good that I am trying to make it last - and then I'll probably watch it all over again!). I didn't really watch this program when it was on TV years ago, but have recently been reading the books by MC Beaton on which the series was based. These inspired me to watch the series and I am really loving each episode!

Island at War [DVD]
Island at War [DVD]
Dvd ~ Owen Teale

4.0 out of 5 stars superb production, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Island at War [DVD] (DVD)
This is no cosy little wartime home front story, I was on the edge of my seat from beginning to end and in fact couldn't watch more than one episode at a time. Brilliant plot, acting and scenery. I would recommend it to anyone.

Manhunt - The Complete Series [DVD] [1970]
Manhunt - The Complete Series [DVD] [1970]
Dvd ~ Peter Barkworth
Price: 24.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Manhunt at last!, 6 Dec 2009
I used to watch Manhunt when it was on TV in Australia in the 70s. It was on quite late at night and I am an early to bed bird, but always stayed up to watch this program. It was completely gripping! For years I have been searching for DVDs of the series and had begun to wonder if any existed. To my great excitementI finally sourced them at amazon.co.uk and they made their way Down Under incredibly quickly. I am enjoying the series as much as I did in the 70s - I still find them gripping - they are well worth watching all these years later and of course feature quality actors including Peter Barkworth and Robert Hardy. I wholeheartedly recommend Manhunt!

Vicky