Profile for D. JACKSON > Reviews

Content by D. JACKSON

D. JACKSON "nutsaboutfilms" (Plymouth UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Targus TAR300 Classic Clamshell Laptop Bag / Case fits 15.6 inch Laptops, Black
Targus TAR300 Classic Clamshell Laptop Bag / Case fits 15.6 inch Laptops, Black
Price: 7.15

5.0 out of 5 stars LAPTOP CASE, 7 April 2014
Well designed case with plenty of room for a larger laptop. Very pleased with purchase and good value for money.

Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek into darkness, 26 Jan 2014
Only one star I'm afraid due to the poor reproduction of this DVD. I have a good quality (all regions) DVD and a Blueray player and neither one improved the playback. Most of the film was fine except the interior scenes which were spoilt buy coloured streaks running through it in places. I even tried another copy without success. In fact, anyone would think its a bootleg and not an official copy. Thankfully, I only paid five pounds and not ten, but that's not the point. I would be interested to know if anybody else has the same problem?

Men's Swiss Army Style Watchband - Color Brown Size: 20mm Watch Strap
Men's Swiss Army Style Watchband - Color Brown Size: 20mm Watch Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars strap, 19 Oct 2013
Like the design and combination of leather and material. Very comfortable to wear and nice contrast with my black watch.

On Networks N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender
On Networks N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender

5.0 out of 5 stars On Networks, 17 Oct 2013
I have just purchased this extender to replace my Edimax dual speed. The new unit is much larger with two aerials and seems well made with Ethernet connection as standard plus wps. There are no discs to upload and the instructions are very simple to follow. I had the unit up and running in a few minutes. The unit produces a good strong signal as my tablet can't receive Internet from my old router. In contrast the Edimax did a great job but stopped working after four months so I'm not impressed. I have given On Networks a 5 star rating. Lets hope it will last a lot longer.

Barska Gladiator 7-21x40 Clam
Barska Gladiator 7-21x40 Clam

5.0 out of 5 stars Barska, 1 May 2011
Just purchased the Barska Gladiator 7-21x40. I don't know much about the brand but I was impressed with the sharp image. However, there is a little fall off in image quality at the maximum zoom but you have to keep in mind the price you are paying. The build quality is good and they are not to heavy or light in the hand. I decided to go for the 40 optic size as I find the 50's are to heavy which tends to spoil your viewing pleasure through aching arms. Also I have made the mistake in the past of buying 10-40x50. I would advise anybody if they plan to go down this road to make sure that the bino's have a tripod attachment or better still, go for a good spotting scope or telescope as magnification at this level is hopless due to hand shake. I almost purchased the Olympus 8-16x40 which have excellent reviews but, the Barska just edged it with its 7-21x40 zoom at just a few pounds under the Olympus. I would rate the Barska Gladiator with a five star for quality and price and if you do decide to purchase, I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Sock And Stocking Aid
Sock And Stocking Aid
Offered by Mobility Smart
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars sock aid, 13 April 2011
Just a few months ago I slipped on wet grass twisting my leg as I fell. I have recovered but, I have found that I cannot bend my ankle and knee to put on my socks as it was so painful. I saw this item advertised on Amazon and decided it may help. All I can say is, what a godsend! If you have any problems with putting your socks on then I can't recommend this product enough. So simple but so effective.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars plastic greenhouse, 13 April 2011
Sorry, this product is hopeless. First bit of wind and the it just collapsed. The weld joints are not strong enough and break under the slightest pressure. Fine if you have a garden that is very secluded, otherwise stay well clear of this one.

Quixx Car Paint Scratch Repair/Removal System - Quality @ Its Best.
Quixx Car Paint Scratch Repair/Removal System - Quality @ Its Best.
Offered by Roaduserdirect
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Quixx Scratch Remover, 28 July 2010
I have just finished using this product and I must admit though very sceptical at first as I have used other products in the past with poor results I found Quixx Car Paint Remover very impressive. Obviously any really deep scratches need filling first but even on places like the car bonnet which shows every mark in the light Quixx did a very good job of hiding the blemishes also my car is metallic silver and even a quick application with this product produced a good finish and I will certainly be using it agin.

James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy!, 19 Mar 2010
Just received the Wahl mini grinder today and lets just say it was so quick and easy to use. I have been using a hand grinder for years which although slow and tedious gave a good brew. Well lets just say that if I'm feeling in a masochistic mood I wont be going back to my old grinder. So if you are thinking of getting one, you wont be disappointed. Happy brewing!

BaByliss For Men 7435U Easy Cut Hair Clipper
BaByliss For Men 7435U Easy Cut Hair Clipper
Offered by ALL MAX SHOPPING
Price: 43.79

5.0 out of 5 stars BaByliss hair trimmer, 9 Mar 2010
Well, just used this product for the first time and I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with the result. Its quick and easy to use. I started out using a grade six setting and ended up at grade three before the battery finished. While it my not be perfect for everyone I was very satisfied with the overall result and if it developes a fault (hopefully not for some time)I will definitely be buying a replacement. I'll give it 10 out of 10!

Nice one BaByliss!