Profile for Jonny Monny > Reviews

Content by Jonny Monny

Jonny Monny (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Tuesday's Gone (Frieda Klein 2)
Tuesday's Gone (Frieda Klein 2)
by Nicci French
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 13 April 2014
This is not the next in the series, it is the continuation of the first story, which was also pretty dull. I will definitely not be reading any more. What a shame, I used to look forward to the next Nicci French.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim
by Terry Hayes
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. I rarely read a book that is so long since they are usually convoluted and unnecessarily complicated but this one had a good story to tell and needed all those pages. Highly recommended.

EU Plug USB Wall Charger Adapter+Data Cable For Galaxy Series S S2 S3 S4 Note 2 By FamilyMall Store
Offered by FamilyMall (8-23 shipping days)
Price: 2.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for tablet, 19 Dec 2013
This arrived quickly from China. I first used it to charge my Kindle, which was fine. When I tried to charge my Samsung Galaxy 10 tablet, however, it was not up to the task. Despite being rated as 2A output, it got very hot and then stopped charging. This was disappointing because I wanted to use it for my tablet when travelling abroad, since it is much smaller and neater than the supplied charger. I will only use it for low demand products in future.

The Red House
The Red House
by Mark Haddon
Price: 3.85

1.0 out of 5 stars What's the point?, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Red House (Paperback)
Is the author bored so that writing a book which actually tells a story is too much to bear? That's the impression that this book conveys to me. So disappointing after his other books.

Broke the Grape's Joy
Broke the Grape's Joy
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Starts well, 5 Aug 2013
The story starts well but then runs out of steam. There then follows a lot of padding until the main theme is taken up again. But this reprise does not have the quality of the opening so that I was relieved to get to the end. Lots of flowery description of wine and food, which may fascinate some readers.

The Ice Marathon
The Ice Marathon
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Ice Marathon (Kindle Edition)
I have never understood why authors start their novels with prologues that give part of the ending away. This author does it here and it partly spoilt the story for me - hence the 4 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2013 8:42 PM BST

Trial #1322 (a medical/psychological thriller)
Trial #1322 (a medical/psychological thriller)
Price: 2.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 2 Aug 2013
Very disappointing story told in a pedestrian way. If I had paid for this book I would have been very upset.

The Sex Club (A Detective Jackson Mystery)
The Sex Club (A Detective Jackson Mystery)
by L.J. Sellers
Price: 7.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Well crafted, 2 Aug 2013
I don't usually like detective novels but I found this one quite gripping and enjoyable. The story is well constructed and, although there are multiple characters, it is easy to follow.

Plague
Plague
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible story, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Plague (Kindle Edition)
I really don't see the point of this story. It is very depressing and lacks hope. It has a very poor ending which made me feel I had wasted my time reading the book.

Flying Babies
Flying Babies
Price: 1.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Flying Babies (Kindle Edition)
This book cannot decide whether to be a love story, documentary or adventure. In the end, it is none of these and becomes too tedious to finish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11