Profile for Caroline Derman > Reviews

Content by Caroline Derman

Caroline Derman (South Africa)

Twinings Earl Grey Tea Bags 500 g
Twinings Earl Grey Tea Bags 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing compares to Twinings, 28 May 2014
Delicious and addictive - nothing else to say really, except that I wish they sold the real thing in South Africa so I did not have to keep importing it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 3:54 PM BST

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth (Unabridged)
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth (Unabridged)
Offered by Audible Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping tale for the whole family, 28 May 2014
This is a beautifully read, totally captivating story of Chris Hadfield's dream of becoming astronaut. It was exciting, informative and very interesting and kept our whole family gripped, including our two boys or 10 and 12, until the very last word. It is filled with wisdom and wit and one wonders how much better the world would be if there were more people around like Chris.

Searching For Sugar Man [DVD]
Searching For Sugar Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodriguez

5.0 out of 5 stars Real-life fairy tale, 10 Feb. 2013
An unbelievable story about an amazing man whose music we all grew up with here in South Africa. We always thought he was a famous musician and his music was played at all our parties and on numerous road-trips. To us he was a star. This documentary tells the story of his life and it makes for the most compelling and riveting story about any musician ever. This is an absolute must-see. It is an extraordinary story that is very rare to find these days.

Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids
by Kim John Payne

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for all parents, 7 Feb. 2012
I cannot put this book down - it is one of the most useful and helpful parenting books I have read. My only regret is that I did not read this book when my children were younger - would have saved a lot of money on tons of books and toys which provided 5 minutes of entertainment at best. The book makes wonderful suggestions for building a lifestyle to allow your children to flourish in the critical period of childhood. I think this should be required reading for all parents

Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me: Lessons in Grace and Elegance
Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me: Lessons in Grace and Elegance
by Lucia Van Der Post

2.0 out of 5 stars Lessons in how to live if you are extremely wealthy, 3 April 2008
This book was disappointing in that instead of being lessons on grace and elegance it was more about how to spend tons of cash to appear graceful and elegant. It seemed more like a glorified directory to the most expensive ways to spend your money. Only for the seriously wealthy.