Profile for Scott G. James > Reviews

THE ACCIDENT
by C.L. Taylor
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Paperback)
I loved this book! I was lucky enough to be chosen by Harper Collins to receive an advance copy and even luckier that it arrived on my day off. I don't get much time to read these days, but figured I'd have a chapter or two over lunch. The next thing I knew, my wife was getting home from work. I was totally engadged from the get go. I really enjoyed the structure of the writing and found the characters compelling and engrossing. I was so drawn into the story that I woke up at 01:30am, stressing about what was going on with the story, two and a half hours later I had finished the book. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys getting lost in a story. Can't wait to see what else C.L.Taylor has in store for us!

5:2 Your Life:  Get Happy, Get Healthy, Get Slim
5:2 Your Life: Get Happy, Get Healthy, Get Slim
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars def. worth a read!!, 8 Feb 2014
This is a great read, much easier to follow that some traditonal diet books. The way it's written makes you almost feel like its advice your best mate has written down for you. I could read kate harrisons books over and over (infact I have), the advice given is also top notch, I have lost 16lbs since following the 5:2 eating plan.

Secrets and Rain: a heart-warming short story collection
Secrets and Rain: a heart-warming short story collection
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this, 17 Aug 2013
I can't recommend this writer enough, every time I read something of hers, I know I'm getting funny looks if I read in public. It made me laugh out loud and cry like a baby, her writting is so descriptive it feels like 3D reading!

Home for Christmas
Home for Christmas
by Cally Taylor
Price: 5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Home for Christmas (Paperback)
I laughed out loud more than once reading this book. It's not my normal fare (I like horror and fantasy) but I read Cally Taylors first book Heaven Can Wait, enjoyed it, and was curious to try out her second book. I loved it!! Finished it in no time at all, mainly because I couldn't put it down. Her descriptive comedy is laugh out loud, squirt coffee out of your nose (which I did) brilliant. I like this book so much, I have decided to give it to some of my family as stocking stuffers for christmas. I'm sure they will love it as much as me.

The one thing I didn't like about this book was, I got so involved in the characters lives that once the book had finished I wanted a little more. I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to them and would almost like a second book to find out how thier lives turned out. Hint hint Miss Taylor if you read this!

Heaven Can Wait
Heaven Can Wait
by Cally Taylor
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars You wont be able to put this down!, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: Heaven Can Wait (Paperback)
I almost never read anything that is not horror or science fiction. I didn't have anything to read and my friend said this book was worth a read. I couldn't put it down! This is the first book I have read in a long time that has made me laugh out loud and even cry (don't tell my mates). If you want a light hearted read that will keep you entranced from start to finish, this is the book for you. I will be avidly awaiting Miss Taylors second book!!!!!