Profile for Ukos > Reviews

Fable (Xbox)
Fable (Xbox)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive but much too easy!, 5 Feb 2005
This review is from: Fable (Xbox) (Video Game)
Being almost a complete novice to the X-box (Only a few hours on friends' X-boxes playing Halo2 and Star Wars Battlefront) and all my previous games being on the PC I expected my first real foray into my new X-box would prove difficult and challenging!
However after just a short period of time I was surprised to find that I had actually completed the game with relative ease! Once you have got the basic skills involved in combat it is quite easy to beat any baddy that comes your way in fable as long as you look out for their weaknesses.
However that said the ability to build up your character buy new equipment, change your image and interact with your environment is the game's real strong point and it can prove slightly addictive. Unfortunately even this cannot last forever and after not too long you will definitely want to carry out a few more quests and work your way through the story line.
Even as a complete X-box novice I still found this game easy so I hate to think how easy it would have been for those more experienced on the X-box.
While the game lasts it is a bit of light fun but don't expect it to keep you busy for too long. I do hope though that they build upon the game's strong points and bring out a more challenging sequel.