Profile for Michael1942 > Reviews

Wired--Up 1 SATA Power Adapter Cable and 1 SATA Data Cable
Wired--Up 1 SATA Power Adapter Cable and 1 SATA Data Cable
Offered by BuyOnline Cart

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 Aug 2014
"Does what it says on the tin"

Quick delivery

ADVANCE IDE - SATA Two-Way Adapter
ADVANCE IDE - SATA Two-Way Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine!, 1 Aug 2014
This worked fine except that there is not enough room in my case as this is quite wide. I managed to use it by fixing the HDD in a different position, I set the jumpers to "master" and it worked first time.

7dayshop Monopod - High Quality Aluminium 4 Section (Max Height 170cm) for Photo and Camcorder Use with Shoulder Case
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly as described., 2 Jun 2014
This monopod took 1 week to arrive.

Seems like a quality item. The large foam handgrip is very helpful. The zip-up carry case also great.

The clamps which hold the sections are quite stiff but that gives a sense of security.

I cannot find fault with this and the price makes it an absolute bargain.

Generic LCD Screen Protector Film Shiled Guard Compatible for 7 Inch Android Tablet A13 Q88 Color Clear ( Pack of 3 )
Offered by Junsi Electronicsuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., 2 Jun 2014
This item arrived 3 days after ordering. There are no instructions but I useed commonsense! Clean the screen thoroughly then remove one 1/3rd of the backing sheet, position carefully then pull the backing sheet with one hand as you smooth it down with the other. Result, no bubbles! Smooth down firmly then remove the top sheet.

They send 3 screen protectors so I also protected my wife and daughters tablets too..

Excellent value, service and quality

Sumvision Cyclone Explorer 7" Android 4.2 Touchscreen Tablet PC
Sumvision Cyclone Explorer 7" Android 4.2 Touchscreen Tablet PC
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars sumvision cyclone explorer 7" tablet, value for money, 15 Dec 2013
I bought this bargain 7" tablet, along with the sumvision keyboard/case back in September. I have used it every day since then.

As usual I have customised it with apps from playstore, BBC iplayer, catchup TV and an android office app. I also use dropbox and use it as an e-reader. It connects to my home network seamlessly and also to the free WiFi in my local pubs and on holiday in Turkey. All these activities work well, with a little patience. Reviewers who have mentioned that iplayer is slow to load are correct but once loaded it works well and, for the money, the graphics are very good I think.

I also loaded the AVG android anti virus which found some problems, when the tablet slowed down so I would advise others to do the same and regularly carry out scans as you would do with a PC. I found an uninstaller app useful too, it uninstalls apps and then removes leftover junk. In this way you can keep the machine running at its peak.

Over my home network I can also print to my epson SX445W printer.

This tablet cost under £75 including the case/keyboard and expansion card. So its not an i-pad or nexus!

For the money it is astounding value in my opinion and in 3 months I have got my moneys worth.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 8:15 AM GMT

Size 10 Men's 3002 Kingbird Faux Fur Lined Lace Up & Zip Up Ankle Walking Boots
Size 10 Men's 3002 Kingbird Faux Fur Lined Lace Up & Zip Up Ankle Walking Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Size 10 Mens 3002 Kingbird furlined boots, 16 Dec 2012
These boots were delivered very quickly. They are very warm and keep my feet dry.
The only minor complaint is that the zip serves no purpose, it is very dificult to use and fur gets trapped in the teeth. However this does not affect the use of the boots which lace up. I haven't tried them on icy surfaces yet but the tread pattern certainly looks effective.

Michael Aaron Piano Course: Lessons Grade one 1
Michael Aaron Piano Course: Lessons Grade one 1
by Michael Aaron

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Aaron Piano Course Lessons Grade 1, 16 Dec 2012
This is a Christmas pressie for my daughter who is learning the piano. It arrived very promptly and appears easy to follow. We shall see next term. The service was excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars A Cheap Tablet that thinks its an e-reader., 12 Feb 2012
I purchased two of these eReaders as Christmas presents for my wife and daughter. I considered the new Kindle which is in the same price bracket but chose the Archos because it looked more versatile.

My family are delighted with the product, both using it every day for reading, playing games and facebook. It connected to my home network by wifi really easily.

My daughter's did fail, the screen became unresponsive, I returned it to the Archos repair centre and they sent her a new one which has worked well ever since. This was a very good service.

If you just want to read books the Kindle is probably better with its longer battery life but if you want to do other things as well the Archos 70b is an excellent compromise. The on-screen keyboard works well on both examples we have. We download books to a laptop and transfer them to the Archos. This is really easy and faster than downloading direct to the Archos.

Battery life is actually very reasonable, about 4 hours reading, less playing games. We are rarely so far from a power point that this is an issue. My "wimmin" love it.

Lowepro Compuday Photo 250 Backpack
Lowepro Compuday Photo 250 Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds my gear safely, 12 Feb 2012
I needed a camera bag for my small Canon SLR, a Netbook and a long lens. This fits the bill perfectly and still has room for a sandwich and water bottle. It is comfortable to wear and the side pocket for the camera allows me quick access.

I would have preferred a waterproof rain cover but you cannot have everything. Inside it has plenty of pockets for accesories, filters etc.

A good value bag.

Lowepro CompudayPhoto 250 Backpack

Epson Stylus SX445w All-in-One printer with Wifi and email Print (Print, Copy and Scan) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Print From An Inexpensive Printer, 12 Feb 2012

I purchased this printer because my old Epson R200 printer had given up. I was worried about photo quality as the R200 uses 6 inks and the SX445W only uses 4. I am delighted with the quality which is as good as I would expect from a printer costing twice as much. It is slow but since quality is more important to me that is OK. In order to get the best photo quality I had to play about with the settings but I expected that and the software is very straight forward. I have connected to my main PC using a USB cable but trhere are three other computers in the house, some using Win7 others using XP. All connect wirelessly to this printer and the setup on each was very straight forward.

Document printing in Black or Colour is good, text is still clear down to 4 point, I haven't tried it any lower. Of course, under a magnifying glass you can see rough edges on text but in normal viewing this is not evident.

The scanner gives good results with documents, I haven't tried it with photo's as I use a neg/slide scanner for that purpose 90% of the time.

This is an excellent printer at this price point.

Page: 1 | 2