Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
5-Minute Crossword Puzzles
5-Minute Crossword Puzzles

5.0 out of 5 stars great for those few minutes to fill, 11 Nov 2014
This review is from: 5-Minute Crossword Puzzles (App)
These little puzzles are great for on the bus or the Drs waiting room. I hate to get interrupted on a big puzzle as it seems yo stop the flow. Enjoy

Tempt the Stars: A Cassie Palmer Novel
Tempt the Stars: A Cassie Palmer Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Mircea?, 24 Dec 2013
I loved the book, the pace was good and the characters as usual well formed, but Mircea was conspicuously absent and he is one if my favourite characters. Cassies meeting with her parents isn't what I would have expected.

Pritkin is a bit more of a pain in the derriere than usual. I found it a bit of a jump when Cassie went to hell and Casanova developed split personality. Yet I did love it just like all the other Cassandra Palmer novels. The cliff hanger ending is just as annoying as usual on a personal note. My advice, since its Christmas, is hot chocolate, snuggle under the Afghan, big box chocolates or crisps. Unplug the phone and enjoy.

Dark Lycan: Number 24 in series (The 'Dark' Carpathian)
Dark Lycan: Number 24 in series (The 'Dark' Carpathian)

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel a bit cheated, 26 Nov 2013
I love the Carpathian series but I just can't decide about this one. In one part Fen is concerned about time passing and the full moon arriving, but it never does! It just seems yo fall out of the storey. Tatiana is the usual determined and strong woman with a painful past but it all seems to be getting a bit trite for want of a better word.

Also, the book isn't as long as listed. The actual story finishes at 83% and the last 17% is appendices etc. Like my title said I feel a bit cheated.

To Hear A Nightingale: The Nightingale Series Book 1
To Hear A Nightingale: The Nightingale Series Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite, 27 Oct 2013
I read this book many years ago and it has remained a long time favourite. The passion of the book flows through ever page causing the reader to weep and laugh in equal measure
Cassie is larger then life, and I'm halfway in love with
Tyrone, the book revolves around horses and love,the description of the racing seen is brilliant, and draws the reader through the events even if like me you have no idea of what it's all about. With beautiful emotive characters, you will like me find old friends you will want to visit with again and again

Grim (Tornians Book 1)
Grim (Tornians Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars surprising., 26 Sep 2013
I bought Grim by mistake but I was so pleasantly surprised. It is obvious by the writing prose that the author is still developing her style. However the book is rich in imagery and imagination. Grim is larger than life as are the characters of the Elite guard. Queen lisa (I might have chosen a more majestic name, Lisa always brings pigtails to mind for some reason) and her little daughters Mimi and Carly are the centre of the story and the way they overwhelm Grims defences is both poignant and bittersweet. I would recommend this book to anyone. Take it as it stands, it's only the authors second novel but I am looking forward to reading the next instalment.

iMyth Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Anti-Glare (Matte) /Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector & Retail packed with Cloth and Application Card (pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars I was dubious, 8 July 2013
I've got to admit I was dubious, I had purchased so many different screen protectors in the past that said they would reduce the glare of the kindle fire in sunlight but didn't. ~This one however does exactly what it says on the pack. It makes reading in the garden a delight again, rather than a trial in how long can you squint.if you are looking for something that wont break the bank or your eyes this is the one for you.

39 Weeks
39 Weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Two minds, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: 39 Weeks (Kindle Edition)
When I bought this,I was in two minds having read all of the reviews. It was brilliant. The author has portrayed the legitimate reactions of a woman caught in the age old trap in a humerous and touching way, without detracting from the magic of motherhood. Perhaps this should become compulsory reading for all prospective mothers.

The real problems of building and maintaining a career, and relationship are underlined whilst the pit falls of financing the new addition, accommodating all the paraphernalia associated with the smallest members of the household and timing strictures are touched upon in a light hearted way.

Simply read and enjoy.

Disney Lilo & Stitch 'Stitch' iPhone 4 Case Cover Shell
Disney Lilo & Stitch 'Stitch' iPhone 4 Case Cover Shell

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute, 21 Mar 2013
My 22 year old baby is in love with this character, she has even called her car Lilo, stitch was already taken by something else. She loves this case and so do her friends.

Calculated in Death: 36
Calculated in Death: 36

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me or is something missing?, 21 Mar 2013
Before I start lets just say I love J D Robb, want to marry Roarke (if I could think of a way to get rid of Eve without getting killed) and will still buy the next instalments but something is wrong! The books are about the same length in page style but there doesn't seem to be the interaction that there was in previous novels. I can't quite put my finger on it but it all seems so abrupt.

I felt this in her last novel as well and this incarnation has not changed my mind. Yes the usual characters are here but they seem to flit in and out so fast you never get a chance to get a grip of them. The murder mystery was excellent, a woman found on the steps of an apartment no coat, bag or anything else for being out in the dead of winter. A very thin margin of clues which took some putting together, but Eve and Peabody did it, but this isn't why I love these books.

A fundamental part of the Novels for me is Eve's developing relationship with all the characters, her bewilderment in their place in her life, often her reluctance (in the case of Summerset) to admit she cares at all. This seems to have deteriorated and with it the magic of the books. A previous review said they feel that there is a checklist to the formation of these books and once an item has been ticked off the author moves on. I don't think so. I think she has gotten lost in the emotional aspects though and this is proving very lacking now, less gore and more depth would be appreciated in future novels please Ms Robb, open up the characters again let us see what they're really made of.

TRARIS Deluxe
TRARIS Deluxe

4.0 out of 5 stars So Ok, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: TRARIS Deluxe (App)
A bit fiddly to get the grip of but otherwise its great fun, not as good as tetris though. Try it for yourself. Its the only way with these games.

Page: 1 | 2