Profile for Chelsea > Reviews

Go Bag - 120L Heavy Duty Garden Waste Bag
Go Bag - 120L Heavy Duty Garden Waste Bag
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually is heavy duty, 3 Mar 2014
I use this all the time as part of my gardening business and it's been heads over heels better than other cheapo bags. Very tough, and holds up to spikey stick and heavy chopped logs.

ISO Beauty Ionix Deep Treatment Hair Mask with Argan Oil
ISO Beauty Ionix Deep Treatment Hair Mask with Argan Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 28 Aug 2013
Bought for £6.00 from TK Maxx and was suprised with how well it worked. I have long hair, regularly blow-dry and use hot curlers and was impressed with the discinct lack of split ends. Haven't had a trim since April. Just about to run out though and not sure that I'd spring £30 for it.

Masquerade Mixer Tumbler 30cl C6 Diamax
Masquerade Mixer Tumbler 30cl C6 Diamax

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, clunky, awful, 26 Oct 2012
Really cheap-looking with rounded edges, not sharp crisp cuts so clearly molded glass. Does not even remotely resemble crystal and has a nasty looking seam running up one side where the mold edges met. Wouldn't pay anything for them if I saw them before I bought.

The Bold and Brilliant Garden
The Bold and Brilliant Garden
by Sarah Raven

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Oct 2011
I absolutely love this book and wish I had more on a similar vein. As an enthusiastic gardener, I've thoroughly enjoyed it as an inspiration for areas of the garden within my overall design. While I would have liked more photos of the overall composition of the gardens in which the plants featured, I don't regret my purchase for one moment as it is packed with new and exciting combinations, full of colour, texture and all in all, thoroughly inspiring. The book describes different seasons and the key players providing interest throughout the year. My favourite thing to try and attempt this early spring is the forced rhubarb, wallflower foliage and deep purple and hot pink hyacinths. Annuals, bulbs and biennials are useful to flesh out what can be somewhat desiccated looking borders of bland bush-blobs with their lush foliage and flowers, and this book is perfect for breaking the over-sold, over simplified G. Jekyll pastel palette.

The Flavour Thesaurus
The Flavour Thesaurus
by Niki Segnit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reference, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Flavour Thesaurus (Hardcover)
An excellent book to keep within easy reach when you're in a quandry. I know that strawberries and black pepper are The thing for nutella on toast, but having an extensive index of equally creative and wonderfully described flavour and texture parings is just the thing to make one brave enough to eat in front of, or, offer it to other people. Great for helping to use up bits and bobs of things which perhapse you'd never have considered having together.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 21 April 2011
Have just recieved these shoes and thus far, I'm very pleased with them. A huge improvement on my old pair (6 yr old, cheap generic runners).

Frabosk Faenza Cappuccino Milk Frother/Creamer
Frabosk Faenza Cappuccino Milk Frother/Creamer

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, better off with nearly anything else, 21 April 2011
I do really intensely dislike this useless little jug. The top is cheap plastic and when you use the plunger to froth the milk, hot liquid spills out over the top making a mess everywhere. I've had better luck using my cleaned out French press and have regulated this useless instrument to measuring out the chicken grain, the only job for which it serves admirably.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2011 10:45 AM BST

24 Cup Silicone Mini Muffin Tray Red FREE POSTAGE
24 Cup Silicone Mini Muffin Tray Red FREE POSTAGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 27 Feb 2011
Makes loads of teeny cupcakes which so far have come out perfectly every time. I use an aluminium tray underneath as it is not rigid, but even when I braved it and had forgone the liners, the little cakes popped right out, only once or twice has a stubborn individual been damaged, though this is usually when I've been impaitent and haven't let them cool a few moments before trying to remove them from the tray.

Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny easy read, 27 Feb 2011
Very funny and easy to read account of the authors move to a small spanish town in the mountians. Seriously funny bits, my favorites included the names of the hens B***er and F*** (Having hens myself makes it all the more hilarious) and dog named 'Half'. It's a simple, easy read, and one which is well worth the price.