Profile for David Evans > Reviews

Content by David Evans

David Evans (Holborough UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Guilt-edged
Guilt-edged
by Merlin Minshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing adventure, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Guilt-edged (Paperback)
An astonishing account of adventure in the run up to the 2nd World War. If it were not clearly factual, you might think it a good novel.

iPad for Seniors In Easy Steps 3rd Edition covers iOS 7 for iPad 2 - 5 (iPad Air) and iPad Mini
by Nick Vandome

3.0 out of 5 stars Good guide for oldies, 31 Jan 2014
This is a useful guide and is written in a style that is clear and helpful and doesn't go in too deep. Given the paucity of information that comes with the equipment, it is much easier than ploughing through the 'on line' information.

ROGET'S THESAURUS OF ENGLISH WORDS AND PHRASES
ROGET'S THESAURUS OF ENGLISH WORDS AND PHRASES

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for cross word solving, 30 Dec 2013
Brilliant to have this on my tablets as it is there for me to assist my wife with the DT crossword. This is so well known it seems hard to review it critically, but in digital form it is very good indeed.

Secret Water (Swallows And Amazons Book 8)
Secret Water (Swallows And Amazons Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Restoring childhood memories, 30 Dec 2013
Lovely book to read again. This famous author enlightened the eyes of many young readers, including me. I almost learned to sail a dinghy on dry land from reading his books! Since then, I became a sailor of small boats and always had in my head the guidance and instructions in the books of Arther Ransome. As a result of re-reading Secret Water, I've been back to Walton backwaters and also to Pin Mill.

The Mystery of the Last Supper
The Mystery of the Last Supper

5.0 out of 5 stars Mysteries solved, 30 Dec 2013
For any lover of the truth revealed in the Bible, this forensic style investigation is superb. It is written in a style that makes for easy reading and yet is dealing with some profound truths. One may not agree 100% with the author's conclusions, but it is the wonderful detail that he brings out in his investigations that I found utterly fascinating and I have studied the Bible myself for some 60 years. Highly recommended.

Windows 8.1 For Dummies
Windows 8.1 For Dummies
by Andy Rathbone

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential, 30 Dec 2013
This guide is up to the standard we have come to expect from the 'Dummies' writers. I needed it to cover a number of aspects associated with Windows 8.1 having switched from XP and Vista. It sits beside me for instant use. Windows is to a degree intuitive but only to a degree - at least it is for this 'Dummie'!

Bible: Youngs Literal 1862
Bible: Youngs Literal 1862

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful study tool, 30 Dec 2013
Very helpful e-book which enables me to get a literal translation, as per Dr Young, whose standing as a man who studied the Bible is without doubt. Very useful indeed!

Windows 8: A Beginner's Guide
Windows 8: A Beginner's Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide, 16 Nov 2013
If you are worried about taking on Windows 8 this is worth having to hand. Does not cover touch screen but explains how to use the mouse for most actions. Simple to understand

The Telegraph
The Telegraph

3.0 out of 5 stars An irritating app, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
We are very pleased with the quality of the downloaded paper from the clarity of reading point of view on either the KINDLE or the I-PAD. But, the app has proved to be very unreliable with frequent crashes which we are invited to report. Away from home and relying on Wi-Fi sources, it has often been difficult to get the app to work. DT has to do better than this.

Blephasol 100ml Sensitive Eyelids Eye Lotion
Blephasol 100ml Sensitive Eyelids Eye Lotion
Offered by FirstForContactLenses

4.0 out of 5 stars Sore eyes remedy, 4 Nov 2013
Blepharitis may or may not bother you, but it is an ailment you can do something about. My wife uses this liquid to cleanse her eyelids morning and evening and finds it very soothing. You could use a weak solution of bicarbonate of soda according to our doctor! However, this is a very nice treatment especially as my wife has glaucoma and has to take a variety of drops to save her eyesight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6