Profile for J. Wall > Reviews

J. Wall

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Video & Sensor Mat Monitor
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Video & Sensor Mat Monitor
Price: 149.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Item only works in the UK (according to Tommee Tippee), 12 Mar 2014
I recently moved to the United Arab Emirates and had my first child. My mother-in-law has come out from the UK to visit and brought a Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Video & Sensor Mat Monitor purchased from Amazon with her for us. I set the device up and it all seemed to work fine. Then on the third night of our newborn being home I went to turn on the parent unit only to have it not link with the baby unit. After trying everything I could think including reverting both parent and baby unit to their default settings, I called the help line on the instruction manual and explained the situation to them. They suggested I unplug both devices and take the batteries out for 30 minutes then attempt to restore them to the default settings and try to link them, this however did not work either. So I called them again and asked if there was a UAE distributor who could assist with this issue. The response I received from the care line via e mail was: "After talking with my manager we at Tommee Tippee advise not to use products bought in the UK in another country as the item will not work to its full potential."

In short, it appears this product may not be reliable for keeping an eye on your children, as ours stopped working after only 2 days, but for certain, do not buy this product if you ever plan on using it outside the UK, as apparently there is something special about the UK and this device whereby it won't work outside the UK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2014 8:59 AM GMT

Family Guy - Something Something Something Dark Side [Blu-ray]
Family Guy - Something Something Something Dark Side [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane
Offered by FLASH
Price: 4.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as Blue Harvest, 10 Feb 2010
Seemed like they tried to hard with this one in places. The first (Blue Harvest) was funny from start to finish with some very clever jokes designed for true Star Wars fans. This one (Something Something Something Dark Side) while very funny in places has large gaps of 5 to 10 minutes where nothing much happens. They also went for quite a few jokes which if you are not a watcher of the Family Guy series you won't fully appreciate (or possibly won't get at all). Still a must have buy for anyone who is into Star Wars or Family Guy, but I do hope the bar is set higher for part VI. For me would have been 3 1/2 stars, so went to 4.

Marine Aquarium [Blu-ray]
Marine Aquarium [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Timm Hendrik Hogerzeil
Price: 10.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Marine Lovers, 10 Feb 2010
Very impressed with this Blu-ray. It is as close as you will get to having a real fish tank without the hastle that comes with one. Cannot imagine this being bettered until they perfect 3D TV.

Has 3 scenes to choose from with some nice chilled music in the background (which you can mute). Is the sort of thing to have on in the background when having a party or playing cards in the lounge. Would also be excellent in the bedroom if you have a Blu-ray player and HD TV (mine is 46", would imagine it would be wasted on anything smaller than 32").

FoneM8 - iPhone 3G 3GS Dedicated Windscreen Mount Car Holder Kit INCLUDES Car Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have for TomTom Application, 10 Feb 2010
Downloaded TomTom on my iphone before a trip to the UK for which I had a lot of driving to do and purchased the FoneM8 car holder kit and cannot fault it. Remained in place, easy to secure and remove, a must have item if you want to use your iphone with the TomTom application (or even for listening to music / making calls hands-free while driving).

SELECT V3 Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus Pen for Apple iPad, iPhone 3G, 3G S, 4G Brand Name: SELECT Model No. Select V3

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 10 Feb 2010
I have no real experience using stylus pens, however the Select Pogo Stylus is not what I would consider good. I am sure that with practice you could figure out what pressure to apply to get it to work effectively but I have just gone back to using my finger to navigate through the iphone. The end of the stylus is some sort of sponge, so not very accurate in my opinion, I would have thought a rubberised tip would have been better? I guess if there was an effective stylus for the iphone, Apple would have released one.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Fit, 10 Feb 2010
I purchased 1 x white and 3 x black covers (1 for myself and 3 for other people) and not 1 of them fits properly plus the edges are not smoothed out / rounded properly (at the bottom where you insert the charger) and likely to catch on clotheing. Futhermore, the cover is not really what I consider to be rubberised, more matt finish but still very slippery. I have gone back to using my old cover which is made by Elago and an excellent cover and not even kept the Qubits cover as a spare (its in the bin).

No Title Available