Profile for A. Dremaca > Reviews

Content by A. Dremaca

A. Dremaca (London)

Tree of Life  Apricots Unsulphured 500 g (Pack of 3) (Organic)
Tree of Life Apricots Unsulphured 500 g (Pack of 3) (Organic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 15 May 2014
Downside is that the texture is a bit uneven from apricot to apricot. But the upside is, they are delicious! I'm very very happy to have found a reliable and affordable source or unsulphured apricots at last.

Cat's Best Öko Plus Cat Litter, 30 L
Cat's Best Öko Plus Cat Litter, 30 L
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so good that I don't mind the tracking..., 15 May 2014
Okay, to be perfectly honest, it does track a fair bit on the feet (doesn't help that our cat digs A LOT) but it is also fantastic in every other way. Realistically, it can't completely neutralise the smell of a freshly laid cat turd, but it does a good job. Lasts really well, clumps well, cat seems to like it. Can't imagine using those awful sacks of clay litter from the supermarket now, Oko is so much better.

HOMEFRONT PREMIUM DOUBLE SIZE FULLY FITTED WASHABLE LUXURY FLEECE MATTRESS COVER DUAL CONTROL (INDIVIDUAL HEAT CONTROL FOR BODY & FEET)
Offered by Direct Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty brilliant, 21 April 2013
Genuinely one of the best things I've ever bought, it saved us over the cold winter. Also is just cozy and soft on our crappy sofa-bed mattress. My only complaints are that the lights on the display are far too bright at night and really blinding in the dark; and that I wish there was a setting where instead of turning off after a certain number of hours, it would turn ON after a set number of hours. This was actually what I was after initially but the product works so well I don't really mind. Very warm, easy to control, always works as needed.

Panasonic EW-DJ40  DentaCare Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
Panasonic EW-DJ40 DentaCare Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
Offered by Medishop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a brilliant design, 21 April 2013
I've always found the irrigator difficult to use and as a result haven't used it very much. The shape of it makes it hard to grip easily, and the on-off switch is fiddly if you're trying to switch it off in a hurry. Also, the design of it makes it difficult to clean. I purchased it nearly 3 years ago and it still works, but that might be because I use it so rarely.

Factory Girls: Voices from the Heart of Modern China
Factory Girls: Voices from the Heart of Modern China
by Leslie T. Chang

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely engrossing, 2 May 2010
I bought this book on a bit of a whim to have something to read while on a holiday visiting family. I will admit that beforehand I knew almost nothing about contemporary China, and also didn't really have any interesting. I can't stress enough how engrossing this book is - beyond any educational level it is extremely well written. I had to ration how many pages I read a day to make the book last the duration of the trip - could not get enough. The people and situations are fascinating, and it really feels like you're getting to glimpse into a world you otherwise wouldn't. I can't recommend this book highly enough, it sparked for me a major interest in China, and it has done the same for everyone I have told to read this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 7:43 AM GMT

Zyliss Garlic Press
Zyliss Garlic Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and easy to clean, 10 April 2010
I've actually never owned a garlic press before, so I don't have much to compare this one too, but it works like it should and I've never had a single problem with it. It comes with a plastic tool that looks a bit like a doll's hairbrush - this makes cleaning really easy since you can use it to push the garlic skin out of the holes. There's no strange nooks and crannies for garlic to get stuck in so it's very simple. My only problem is that I think it's a bit too modern looking, it doesn't fit in with the rest of my utensils, but that's more my problem than its.

The Original of Laura: (Dying Is Fun) A Novel in Fragments (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Vladimir Nabokov

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, wonderful edition, 10 April 2010
A joy to read - the bits that are clear are pure wonderful Nabokov, the more fragmentary portions are still great and make you feel a bit like a detective. There really is very little of it, but you find yourself thinking how things would have gone together - the edition lends well to that as the note cards can actually pop out of the page (I haven't done so, though, as there's no way to put them back in!) and you can shuffle and reshuffle them. Even if you keep the book whole, reading it is an act of shuffling. Just read it and buy it, I'm so glad I've had the chance to!

Moleskine Pocket - Ruled Notebook
Moleskine Pocket - Ruled Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds up well, 10 April 2010
I'm generally not really into stationary, and before getting one I always thought Moleskines were overpriced, but I love them now. The Amazon price is a VERY good deal and the notebook really holds up well. Perfect, because mine is always bouncing around the bottom of my handbag. Any other small notebook probably would have fallen apart but moleskines holds up well and I've never had one fall apart or become so disgusting that I had to abandon it half-way through. Overall, great!

Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 10 April 2010
I love these earphones, I'm seriously impressed. Good sound and once you have music/whatever else playing they really block out noise very well. Perfect for use on the underground or the bus, I can listen to my music and not other people shouting! I've seen bought another pair as a present, and recommended these to loads of other people. I've had mine since October with absolutely no problems.

A major plus over other earphones, for me, is that I can listen to my music at a lower volume - good for my hearing no doubt - but still hear just as much because I don't have to hear as much background noise.