Profile for K. D. Evans > Reviews

Content by K. D. Evans

K. D. Evans "kd evans" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Belle (Belle 1)
Belle (Belle 1)
by Lesley Pearse

1.0 out of 5 stars It is the worst handling of this subject matter that I have ever ..., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Belle (Belle 1) (Paperback)
I'd give it less if I could. It is a book without merit. Unbelievable storyline with cardboard characters and an outrageous ending. It is the worst handling of this subject matter that I have ever encountered.

The Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939
The Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939
by Antony Beevor

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Based on his earlier book, 29 Dec 2013
I cannot comment on the book, having not read it but it really should be more obvious here and on the dust jacket that this is a work based on his earlier book - The Spanish Civil War (written 1982).That information can be found in the publishing details within the book but it needs to be more obvious. I bought it as a present for my husband who has many of Beevor's other books and has enjoyed them very much. He thinks he will still be interested to read this revised version but I am not sure I would have bought it had I realised.

Red Revelations
Red Revelations

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Red Revelations (Audio CD)
Yes I heard about him first through True Blood - bought that track ages ago - but then I started listening to samples of his work and decided to get this album. It is NOT all like the True Blood music but it is great, rocky, country, blues music and his voice is great!

Sakura SS3601 Universal Rubber Car Mat Set with Trim to Fit Lines
Sakura SS3601 Universal Rubber Car Mat Set with Trim to Fit Lines

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong, 5 Jan 2012
Good quality, thick mats that wash easily and stay where you put them! They were bought for my son's Nissan Almera and fit well.

Ringspun Montage White Mens T-Shirt White Medium
Ringspun Montage White Mens T-Shirt White Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sale Purchase this year!, 5 Jan 2012
I liked the design and the price was good but I was not expecting the quality and attention to detail in this top - the photo does not do it justice! Bought it for my son and he loves it.

Hope St
Hope St
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising!, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hope St (Audio CD)
There is not a bad track on this album - try it!! Favourites include The Betrayal, That Old Song,and I Don't Know. Good rock beats and catchy tunes! Long may they last.

The Gates of Rome (Emperor Series, Book 1)
The Gates of Rome (Emperor Series, Book 1)
by Conn Iggulden
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 May 2011
I came to this book having first read the excellent Conqueror novels. It rattles along at a good enough pace but really does play fast and loose with the history, doesn't paint the characters with sufficient depth for you to care about them. It would perhaps have been much better having been centred on fictional characters based against the dying days of Rome's republic than adapting the historical facts. If you really want to embed yourself in the depths of this period of Rome Colleen McCullough does it so much better in her Master's of Rome series that sadly this book just pales by comparison.

Dunlop Shoulder Flight Bag - Distressed Black / Stone
Dunlop Shoulder Flight Bag - Distressed Black / Stone
Offered by Funki-Munki Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars A HIT, 31 Dec 2009
Stlish, strong and big enough for college folders - what more can you ask for?! Good long strap too which can extend to be too long even for my 6' 2" son!

Jackie: The Annual 2010
Jackie: The Annual 2010
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and eclectic, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Jackie: The Annual 2010 (Audio CD)
Now I love the musuc from this era and I own the other Jackie - The Album albums and the Vintage Cheese albums as well as a host of individual artists so I did think that there would be very little here that I did not already have but I was soooo wrong. Lots of little gems popped up thatI hadn't heard in years! There is even a Gilbert O Sullivan and his tracks are hard to get unless you want his whole (pricey) album. Good sound quality too. Pure nostalgia.

Micro Football Table (Each)
Micro Football Table (Each)
Offered by Gifts4Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 31 Dec 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Micro Football Table (Each) (Toy)
I bought this for my 19 year old son thinking it would not take up too much room at Uni and I must admit I did not think it would have great playability, being reduced to only 4 rows of men. I was surprised to find that it is really rather robust and he loves it. Not only does HE love it but so does his father, his grandfather and his little cousins (age 10)- so much so that I am in the middle of buying more of them for birthday presents. A fabulous alternative to a full size table when space is an issue!

Page: 1 | 2