Profile for Mr. Guppy > Reviews

Content by Mr. Guppy

Mr. Guppy (Olympia, Wa United States)

Codebreaker [DVD]
Codebreaker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed Stoppard

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done film., 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Codebreaker [DVD] (DVD)
My wife thought the movie was very good. I am hard of hearing and had trouble understanding what the actors were saying. It's too bad that there were no subtitles. I thought that it was a shocking story and one that really needed to be told. Britain really acted badly towards one of the its (and the world's) leading scientists and it is good that this story has been told. I am looking forward to the forthcoming film (with Sherlock Holmes). Sorry I can't think of his name, Cumberbatch, I think.

Last Night of the BBC Proms 2010 [DVD]
Last Night of the BBC Proms 2010 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite frankly,, 25 Jun. 2014
I could watch heartfelt performances like these of the blatantly country loving and patriotic anthems Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory until the cows come home.

Blandings: Series 2 [DVD]
Blandings: Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Timothy Spall

5.0 out of 5 stars These wonderful actors must be distant cousins of ours !, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Blandings: Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Hello, old kith and kin. This show is over the top hysterically funny. She, who must be obeyed, and I, after a short chin wag, have decided that we must have more Blandings, the sooner the better! And now, it's tootle pip. I think I shall go to my room!

Spiral - Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Spiral - Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust

5.0 out of 5 stars We are now waiting..., 24 Nov. 2013
for it to be released in blu-ray with English sub-titles. The show is brilliant and we loved it. Also, we are hoping for more seasons!!

Michael Wood's Story of England [DVD]
Michael Wood's Story of England [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars We haven't actually watched the dvd yet,, 9 Aug. 2012
Because, in order to maintain our sanity until the FLEA treatments arrive, we are trying to stay out of our house. Also we were extremely saddened by the death of Onslow of Keeping Up Appearances so we are temporarily out of service, TV-wise. That being said, we did watch the show on our local PBS station and thought it was wonderful and we can hardly wait until things normalise so we can fire up the old dvd player to see this program straight through. Cheers!