Profile for SonnyK > Reviews

Content by SonnyK

SonnyK (Glasgow)

Anker® Astro E4 13000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4 3GS, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC One, Motorola Droid DNA, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, most other Phones and Tablets - White

4.0 out of 5 stars quick review video, 30 Dec. 2013
Length:: 8:27 Mins

Close look, quick test, also comparing to AA rechargeable batteries. HD video available here [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 2:21 PM GMT

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray

4.0 out of 5 stars Clears mould completely fast, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
There was mould in my bathroom (see pictures before & after ) I sprayed some HG mould spray it has sprinkle or spray mouth I had a strong bleach smell, so it's better to move away from the area while it does its job. 15 minutes later I checked it was like somebody wiped the wall with somewhat invisible hand without touching the paint, it was like when i first painted it, there was no residual too.

There is also this black mould accumulates on bathroom & kitchen sealants which no cleaning products seems to remove the mould completely before I damage the sealant, I just sprayed HG and did nothing just waited and the mould was gone on the sealants.

Fantastic product just wear respiratory, eye protection because if it's too much sprayed it made my eye irritate also hand protection just in case it gets into your hand and keep the area ventilated at least 2 hours or until the smell goes. For couple of sprays I don't think you need much protection but my bathroom was too mouldy I used the entire bottle and I need another bottle for the kitchen.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Water Can Undermine Your Health
Water Can Undermine Your Health
by Norman W. Walker

4.0 out of 5 stars distilled water vs natural water?, 4 Jan. 2012
The writer categorise the water that we know and use into

1. NATURAL WATER
2. DISTILLED WATER

He puts vaporised water and water inside fruits into distilled water category. I have no problem with that. But he puts tab water and spring water into the same category as natural waters which I have huge problem with. Tab water it has floriated it is chlorinated it is artificial water not natural water which I think he should've have put tab water completely different category called 3. ARTIFICIAL WATER.

He keeps mentioning you should drink distilled water not natural water. He says natural water has natural minerals which deposits in your body over a life time causing you health problems. He compares that as when water boils in a kettle you can see minerals deposits in the kettle, it's the same depositing in your body.
Well Mr. Writer water does not boil in a body. Water is always 32°C in a body. Beside I have been using spring water in my kettle and even though minerals deposits inside a kettle deposits are very soft and brittle can easily dissolve almost hard snow like compare that to a kettle been boiling tab water where the limescale is very hard, thick and sticks to the edges of the kettle like a strong thick white paste. I think this tells a bit information that tab water is not the same as spring water .

Mr writer Human body been drinking spring water for more than 100,000 years. Distilled water just been invented. Distilled water could be better than spring water as a new human invention but spring water can't be the same damaging as artificial tab water.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2014 2:51 PM BST

Your Body's Many Cries for Water: You're Not Sick; You're Thirsty: Don't Treat Thirst with Medications
by F Batmanghelidj

5.0 out of 5 stars I now drink water thanks to this book, 4 Jan. 2012
This book was very informative even though it's only 196 pages. It tells that you can prevent or cure some of the ailments mentioned in this book like pain in the muscles, ease of digestion...etc if you just drink water. He says that you shouldn't wait to be thirsty you should drink water even though you don't feel thirsty, when you feel thirsty that's the end sign, you brains need water most. Your organs need water to function, 70% of us is water so we practically live inside water, since we evolved from water anyway just 2.2 billion years ago. Average human body has 40 litres of water that is completely replaced every 2 weeks, this equates to 3 litres of water a day, some of it being replaced by the vapour in the air, some of it being replaced by the water inside the food that we eat so you don't have drink 3 litres of water a day, but you at least bare minimum is 1 litres of water a day, that's the bare minimum, the recommended water intake is 2 litres depending on the dryness of weather and the dryness of the food you eat this can be increased or decreased. As you can see human body need water to function without water the cells can still function up to some percentage of their capacity, some of the cells inside an organ in a human body may shut down causing some ailments that he mention in this book which you can prevent or cure just by drinking water and only water is water fizzy drinks, water inside coffee is not water.

He also mentions water with a bit of salt. Daily salt intake is 6g a day which I think I do from the most of the food I eat so I don't think I'm gonna take his advice on the salt side, but he's spot on
on the water subject. I now began to drink water that is spring water before lunch and dinner as opposed to after the suppers, I think I can say my digestion is much improved, I try to drink water as much as I can, I don't feel dehydrated anymore. So what's the harm? I mean just by drinking water you will be having a preventative, curing investment on your health.

Well done to the writer. I loved reading it. I wish it was a bit longer, a bit more researched, a bit more detailed. I think there is a need for a book on this subject but in more depth, in more thickness.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2013 2:09 PM BST

Sleepfaring: A journey through the science of sleep
Sleepfaring: A journey through the science of sleep
by Jim Horne

5.0 out of 5 stars Most up to date book about the science of sleeping, 4 Jan. 2012
Like most people I asked this question to myself too "Why do we sleep?" Here is a book that explains it all. I mean 1/3 of our lives spent on sleeping 10 years of every 30 years spent on sleeping. What do we do in those times? Why do we need to? Can we cut it a bit short? In these strapped for time millennia it would be huge improvement if we can get some extra spare time from anywhere. Is it possible not to sleep? What exactly happens if we don't sleep? You will be answering these and all the questions you had about sleeping as long as science knows about it in this well written easy to read book. Even science does not know much about sleeping but this book is the most up to date book that we know about the science of sleeping that an ordinary inquisitive reader can understand. Congratulations to the writer.

Sugar Blues
Sugar Blues
by William Dufty
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Unrefined Sugar's Effect on Weight., 27 Dec. 2011
This book kept me thinking about sugar, but it can provide a lot more evidence on why refined sugar is not healthy even though I wanted to try a no sugar life since I know sugar is not a necessity. I now reduced my refined sugar intake to 10-20g a day, I tried drinking milked tea without sugar I can taste the tea and the milk instead of sugar now, whereas before refined sugar was supressing everything. I agree refined sucrose is not same as other carbohydrates even though it called carbohydrates, I think even sucrose and fructose are differ in the way how they are digested in the body. They are all sugars but different sugars different carbohydrates.

Refined sugar can not be defined as natural because all natural foods are not found just in their pure energy form like an apple it has cellulose, vitamin A, C, Calcium, Iron and energy of 53kcal of which is fructose, to get the energy from an apple you get all of these as well. What refined sucrose sugar has energy (1g sugar = 4kcal) that's it nothing else, no mineral no vitamin, even it has harmful chemicals remaining from the refining processing (even it is 97% cleansed) so sugar can not be defined as natural.

When eating refined sugar that is completely strived from it's natural vitamins and minerals so body uses its own vitamins and minerals which means If you eat nothing but sugar all day body will have vitamin deficiency. So it is crucial to reduce refined sugar intake to maximum intake 20g a day (2 teaspoon full) especially when losing weight. If you really wanna eat sugar eat naturally from fruits & honey, at least sugar in these come with their own vitamins & minerals so body can process the sugar inside the fruits so no harm to the body. Even unrefined sugar better then refined at least it has some minerals and less chemicals in it so less harm to the body and not bleached like refined sugar.
After reading this book and a bit of research and with a bit of thinking and figured out that I think refined sugar makes your digestive system lazy? Because I think digestive system designed to digest but when eating sugar you're not digesting but still getting an energy therefore digestive system becomes lazy and the more you eat sugar the more lazy your digestive system becomes, the more lazier it is the more sicker you get till it gets to a point where what will be the point of digestive system? Unworked steel prone to rust, unworked digestive system prone to sicknesses that is associated to digestive system disorders like diabetic, obesity, diarrhoea, do you have it?

In the Book he somewhere he mentions unrefined Sugar being a poison, well why? Because I think can explain in this way for example try eating nothing but unrefined sugar for 7 days, you will have developed vitamin deficiency, you will have energy deficiency, you will have skin problems. Compare one person to ate nothing but water in that 7 days he will in a better health. If sugar is energy why there is massive difference between someone who ate nothing and someone who ate only sugar. So eating nothing way better then eating sugar. Therefore sugar is a `Poison' by the Definition of Oxford dictionary which says `Poison: A substance that causes harm when introduced to a living organism' If sugar harms living organisms inside the human body we can say Sugar is a Poison. We may not be noticing this poison because we think it's something else and we don't eat just sugar the side effects of sugar is contemplated with other nutrition's we eat for example from a plate of stake. What that means is you will have much more energy, you will have much more vitamins & minerals in your body if unrefined sugar intake is reduced. Since body requires vitamins & minerals to live on, this also means that when you include sugar in your diet you will eat more because the sugar contemplated by some of the vitamins & minerals in your body or in your food, your body will feel to replace that need otherwise.

So to lose weight and not to gain weight giving up sugar is a must. Use Honey instead in you cup of tea, herbal tea or use nothing. Since you are counting your calorie intake losing weight without sugar is so much easier & healthier, you will see. The maximum sugar intake should not be more then 20g a day not 100g-150g a day like everyone does. There is also are sugars in biscuits, cornflakes, chocolate, you need to count that into too.
----
I have now gave-up sugar completely eight months since after reading this book. I eat plenty of honey, carob Molasses and all these natural sugars. I can tell you this My liver works, my breathing works again no noise breathing, I can think better. I can sense the danger bette,. my fight response in full working order. Insomnia gone. Somehow I'm much less tired I seem to cycle better with less tiring, I heal better & faster. I think I'm a human being again. My body is what is supposed to be, what it is designed to be. More importantly I seem to eat a lot less, is it non sugar foods I'm choosing or is it the nutrition rich food. I can say I lose weight better. I just don't feel to eat.

Something did happened to human beings after the increase consumption of sugar nations can not create these great leaders anymore like the Alexandra the Great, Suleiman the Magnificent even Texas Cowboys I know they almost never had sugar in their life, they were human beings, their fight response were in full working order. If something had to be done they had the energy to do it. You give up something you gain back another. You gave-up sugar you gain back being a real human.
Giving-up sugar is just the beginning of a Good Health you still need to exercise, stay away from too much synthetic chemicals ..etc.

Millet Men's Hike Up Low GTX Hiking Shoe
Millet Men's Hike Up Low GTX Hiking Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 20 Aug. 2011
Received 10.5 UK Size instead so it says 11 i guess it's the US size. Very comfy, walked 2 hours didn't feel foot ache, but it slips in the rain when walking on a city pavement, i guess it's designed for trailer roads on the highlands, it says hiking shoe not walking shoe anyway.

HD Waterproof Watch Camera 1280*960@30FPS Under Water 30M 8G
HD Waterproof Watch Camera 1280*960@30FPS Under Water 30M 8G

4.0 out of 5 stars 67m recording on one charge, 47m recharge,, 3 Oct. 2010
On the sides there is 5 buttons, One button is for time adjustment, one button is for mic, the other button is for Usb insert, only two buttons are for the spy watch and for that one button is On/Off button the other is Photo/Record button.

When pressed On/Off button for 2 seconds first steady red & blue than three blue blinks later it begins recording without me pressing any button. If I press switch/off button once it pauses the video with blue light steady. If I press pause again three blue blinks later recording begins with a new file. If I press Photo button while recording only three blue blinks flashes so if you wanna make sure it is recording just press photo button distinctive three blue flashes nothing happens to the video. While in pause mode if I press the Photo button once red steady second time red/blue third time blue steady again but pause mode still prevails. I don't know why this change of lights. I could only end the video by pressing On/Off button for 2 seconds three red blinks and unit switches off. When battery or disk space run out three red blinks also.

Watch has analogue second hand so tick tock recorded in the background very annoying may ruin the video if recorded in a quiet place solution for me was raising the time adjustment button up so to stop the watch while it records.

Two buttons pressed at the same time resets the watch. So far I have not managed to take photos or adjust the resolutions.

About every 9:56 - 9:59 minutes a new file saved depending on the conditions each file sizes from 250-450MB in .AVI format, there is about 2-4 hours of recording on this 8GB watch. Disk is Fat32 format. Red blinking is computer reading the files.

Some tests
Recorded 67 minutes of continuous video on one full charge.
Battery fully charged in 43 minutes with the Usb cable.
Watch has 89g of weight.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, sharp, lighter would be better, 30 Sept. 2010
It's 114g in weight. It feels heavy in my trouser pocket so I rather carry it in my backpack. I mean i carry my Nokia phone only 76g and My watch is only 59g. Do I need extra 114g? Swiss Army knife concept is invented in 1897 and no much evolved since then is still heavy and hurts your nails when try to open it, not hygienic to use on food items, dirt can get inside blades, rusting occurs between blades. Stainless steel it's very durable and all but I think It's time someone produced a Swiss army knife made of titanium very light material and very strong.

On this particular swiss army knife I tried the scissors were very comfortable easy to cut, knifes are very sharp, but on the small tools I hurt my nails trying to open them. If you don't need all of these tools to carry with you where every 100gr. counts get a lighter version which is cheaper and less weight

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars light easy to carry, 30 Sept. 2010
it's 74g in weight useful in camping but i don't use it on food items i don't think it will be hygienic. Nice to have it as a back up tool. I still carry bread knife, can opener.. things like that.