Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Learn More
Profile for superbonce > Reviews

Content by superbonce

superbonce "say no to Ebook-readers!" (Southampton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BRIGHT CHROME PLATED HOOK AND EYE (CABIN HOOK) 100mm
BRIGHT CHROME PLATED HOOK AND EYE (CABIN HOOK) 100mm
Offered by CKONE

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't last long !, 3 April 2016
Looked nice and worked well for about two hours until a small gust of wind moved the door causing the chrome hook to break in two.

Record Power CH601 Deep Bowl Gouge with Long Handle 1/4-inch
Record Power CH601 Deep Bowl Gouge with Long Handle 1/4-inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made chisel., 4 Feb. 2016
Blimey, the size of this caught me by surprise - I was expecting it to be about the same size of my other chisels which I got free with my lathe but it's huge- I thought Amazon had sent me a salmon fishing spike by mistake . As a beginner , it felt a little unwieldy at first especially as this was my first attempt at hollowing out a bowl. I didn't know if it needed sharpening before use or it was ready to go as the packaging does not say. It's early days to comment too much on performance as I have a lot to learn about turning bowls but it seemed to be doing the trick once I got the angle right.

Lumberjack SWL350 375W 230V Variable Speed Wood Lathe Starter Kit
Lumberjack SWL350 375W 230V Variable Speed Wood Lathe Starter Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value lathe for the beginner., 2 Feb. 2016
I was looking for a lathe to start woodturning with and with no experience I chose this as it seemed quite liked by other reviewers. It is pretty easy to set up , it comes in two pieces which are securely bolted together. The lathe needs to be screwed down to a secure surface and I chose to bolt it through my worktop. So all set up, I fired it up - nothing . I checked pulleys and decided to change the belt to the lowest speed pulleys. This time it worked fine so I tried all speeds and they all worked fine , so not sure why it didn't initially work. One downside is the instructions on actually using it , there are some but they are very basic . I jumped in as I am prone to do and started with a pine square blank about 6 inches long. I made a complete mess of it using the wrong tools , wrong position, wrong pressure, wrong speed etc etc; my pine mini 'ballustrade' was not the most encouraging creation. So I watched some tutorials on line and read quite a bit before I had another go.
I have a bench grinder so before my next attempt I sharpened the free tools that come with the lathe ( pairing chisel, roughing guage and skew chisel ) . I was much more pleased with this and was turning smooth cylinders pretty quickly from all sorts of wood I had in the wood store. Now, a couple of weeks later, using the same tools I am turning fancier spindles and even a 4 inch diameter solid sphere. I will say none of the chisels are really suitable for bowl turning but can certainly get you going with spindle type projects. So yes I would recommend it to a beginner to see if they like woodturning before spending too much money, changing speed is a bit of a pain as can mounting hard woods between centres but overall it does the job well.

Long Way Down
Long Way Down
by Charley Boorman

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty dull., 29 July 2015
This review is from: Long Way Down (Hardcover)
I usually read Clarkson or May for motoring type books and Bryson or Moore for travel. This wasn't totally awful but was very repetitious; the dialogue swaps over from the two main protagonists and I found their prose rather dull and superficial and almost cringy at times ("I love Ewen" , "I adore Charlie" etc Seems to me the main purpose of the trip for Boorman was to pop wheelies. I was sad so I popped a wheelie, I was mad so I popped a wheelie, I was happy so I popped a wheelie, There is so much pain in Africa so I popped a wheelie - I think you are getting the idea.
I am actually reading them back to front - currently reading the first one now ( Long way round ) and guess what Bloomin' Boorman is still popping wheelies, well at least I know he didn't grow out of it and he even got a telling off from the crew in this book. They told me not to pop wheelies cus of the insurance, which made me angry so I popped a wheelie ....
Anyway I am outraged at the quality of this book so I am off out to pop a wheelie

Outsider: Always Almost: Never Quite
Outsider: Always Almost: Never Quite

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 3 Jan. 2015
Didn't know much about Sewell apart from seeing him on telly where he could sometimes appear as some kind of public schoolboy turned art critic firmly lodged up his own posterior but actually I warmed to him whilst reading this book. I found his life quite interesting and welcomed his candid prose, too many autobiographies miss out the bad bits, Sewell tells it like it is, warts and all.

VW Golf MK4 Black Genuine Replacement AM/FM Aerial Mast Antenna Roof Screw in Type Complete with Styled Keyfob
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars like for like replacement, 3 Jan. 2015
Yep, like for like replacement , quality is fine.

Windolene Emulsion 500ml
Windolene Emulsion 500ml
Offered by S Household

4.0 out of 5 stars When I'm cleaning windows, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Windolene Emulsion 500ml
What can I say, you smear it on your windows and then wipe it off and your windows are all clean. I remember my parents used to use it so I got some, does whiff a bit if you get it on your hands.

Tour De France 2014 (PS3)
Tour De France 2014 (PS3)
Offered by Gateway Gaming

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 3 Jan. 2015
Must admit, as a keen viewer of the grand cycling tours, I thought I would play this as I watched the 2014 tour progress. I found it a bit complicated and the stages were too long so I ended up using it on auto pilot a lot and just doing sprints. There are probably other ways to play but to be honest I lost interest fairly quickly. I just don't think cycling translates to video gaming very well.

TOP-BAG Leather Men Laptop Bag Briefcase Messenger Bag,N3122
TOP-BAG Leather Men Laptop Bag Briefcase Messenger Bag,N3122
Offered by Jack&Chris(UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, 3 Jan. 2015
The bag is great for a travel bag, leather seems good quality can get my 15 inch laptop in it and has plenty of pockets and storage. I especially like the fact it has a zip closure for security, which lots of bags don't seem to have. Also get the feeling it will look even better with age.

Adidas Originals Flock Mens Full Zip Hoodie RRP £59.99 (Medium, Black)
Adidas Originals Flock Mens Full Zip Hoodie RRP £59.99 (Medium, Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 Jan. 2015
This a well made and well fitting hoodie. It is warm and comfortable to wear, I like it. In case you cannot tell from the pix there are two stripes that run up each arm making it look a little more of a sporty top than a normal hoodie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5