Profile for annagard@aol.com > Reviews

Content by annagard@aol.com

annagard@aol.com (Hampshire, UK)

Miscarriage: Women Sharing from the Heart (Medical Sciences)
Miscarriage: Women Sharing from the Heart (Medical Sciences)
by Marie Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars It was like having a therapy session when I read it!, 21 Jun 2000
I feel like I am just repeating everyone elses reviews, but they're so right!
I found out I lost my baby 2 wks ago, when i was 10 wks pregnant. I still feel devastated and heart-broken. I didn't need the book to reassure me that it was OK to feel how I do - I don't feel the need to say 'I'm fine' when people ask how I am, when I'm not. It was MY baby, and I will take as long as I feel necessary to come to terms with my loss.
But the book did provid the comfort of hearing other ('real') people go through the same things; the feelings of guilt, despair, failiure. I still feel all of those things and more, and i'm still so sorry...
Although it makes me sad, I find comfort in the knowledge that I'll be with my baby, my sweet angel, one day. But right now i know that there's a star in heaven looking down on me.
Thank you to all those women who really did share "from the heart".

A Spirited Alphabet: From A-Z
A Spirited Alphabet: From A-Z
by Morgan Simone Daleo

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, which educates children's minds + hearts, 18 April 2000
An ideal book for children in their early years of primary school. Not only does it assist them with learning their alphabet, but also encourages awareness of their emotions, making learning the alaphabet more interesting.
It is beautifully illustrated, and really captivates the mind and hearts of the listener as well as the reader. It is a lovely bedtime book and I would highly recommend it to anyone with young children.