Profile for 365nice > Reviews

Content by 365nice

365nice (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kindle Voyage Case - ACcover Amazon Kindle Voyage SmartShell Case - The Thinnest and Lightest PU Leather Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Voyage 2014 Version with Auto Wake Sleep Feature - Black
Offered by ACcover

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but a little chunky, 11 Jan. 2015
This cover has a decent feel to it, it's comfortable to hold and the magnet is quite strong. I just wish it was thinner, as it seems excessively thick and bulks up the sleekness of the new voyage. It's also going to be very difficult to get the kindle out, as the case is very tight. This said, it's a good price and I'm reasonably satisfied.

Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 520, 1020, and most other Phones (Silver)
Offered by AnkerDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Well built, missing charge level indicator, 24 Nov. 2014
Its well built, but not particularly intuitive (you have to press the tiny button to start charging). I also wish there was a charge level indicator so you know if you need to recharge it before heading out.

Vinsic Tulip 3200mAh Power Bank, External Mobile Battery Charger Pack 1A for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Devices, Cell Phones (Silver)
Offered by High Tech International

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, with helpful charge level indicator, 24 Nov. 2014
Great size, easy to use. I particularly like that you can see the level of charge left in the stick. It would be nice if it had a little case to keep it safe with its cable, but that's not a deal breaker.

Banned Military Jacket (Black) - Large
Banned Military Jacket (Black) - Large
Offered by Blue Banana Alternative Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart jacket, well priced, 23 Oct. 2014
I needed a jacket for a costume, but wanted something I might actually wear after the party... this fitted the bill perfectly. I took heed of other comments that it is on the larger side, so I picked 1 size smaller. People later commented on how good the jacket looked. Yes the buttons are a bit plastic - but they look fine (and for the price you can't expect metal buttons).

Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars The book content is excellent, I recommend it for all programmers interested in ..., 23 Oct. 2014
The book content is excellent, I recommend it for all programmers interested in good development techniques even if they aren't using Ruby.

I've rated it 4 stars however because the eBook doesn't have proper page numbers, so comparing notes with those with a physical book is impossible (which is such a shame).

Everbuild SGNPOWER Power Pro Sealant Gun
Everbuild SGNPOWER Power Pro Sealant Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical that I needed it - but wow it makes a difference, 6 Jan. 2014
I wanted a good sealant gun, but I'm not a professional... so this seemed a bit more than I needed. As it wasn't much more than other options, I decided to treat myself. I'm really happy I did, it does make a difference when applying sealant - even my unsteady hand has much more control letting me do much smoother lines with less waste than cheaper guns that I've used before. Well worth it I would say.

Aisen Foldable 16 Peg Indoor & Outdoor Laundry Airer - Over Door Hook - Strong Pegs & Durable Frame - Premium Quality & Very Practical For Home & Travel Use - 100% Guarantee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever - and quite sturdy, 6 Jan. 2014
When you live in a small house, you need clever little things to help with mundane things like drying laundry. This item does the job - and also folds up small when not in use. Now those awkward socks, t-towels and other misc items can be clipped - leaving space for larger items on our separate clothes rack. The movable hook is a nice touch - as it lets me hang it on support rail of our tall radiator. They even supply a spare clip in case on breaks - nice!

1 1/4" Black Side Quick Release Buckle for Strapping
1 1/4" Black Side Quick Release Buckle for Strapping
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the size I needed to rescue an old hip bag, 6 Jan. 2014
Sometimes Amazon and it's sellers deliver beyond what you expect. When I broke an old hip bag while travelling, I was resigned to having to purchase a new one (although what a waste - a perfectly good leather bag - just a silly plastic catch had broken). On a whim, I searched on Amazon and amazingly found something that was the exact size to clip on to the other half of the bag catch. I ordered it, picked out some stitches and sewed in the replacement - and voila, working bag again.

I'm so glad such small items can be found - and that there are companies that provide this kind of stuff.

2-Pin EU Plug for Apple Macbook MB Pro iBook Charger Adaptor
2-Pin EU Plug for Apple Macbook MB Pro iBook Charger Adaptor
Offered by Allske

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for frequent travellers!, 6 Jan. 2014
If you have Apple products - this works great for trips in the EU, slide of the UK plug and put this one in its place and you are good to go. It's a bit of a tight fit initially, but after a few uses - its just like the official Apple plug end.

Get More Money on Your Next Job... in Any Economy
Get More Money on Your Next Job... in Any Economy

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I've used over and over in my career, 21 Oct. 2013
It's not often you can refer back to a book over and over in your career - but this is one of them. I first bought it in a train station book shop on the way to an interview and even with very little time to digest the material, it gave me some useful immediate tips I applied to that meeting. I then read it properly and put it away because I got the job. Years later - I recalled its usefulness and dug it out for another interview, and was grateful I could try more of the suggestions I had read about but not applied. It's laid out in a nice format you can either read in a linear fashion or jump around where you think its more applicable. Again - it gave me confidence to approach things in a more structured way. But you know what - years later, I again found I had another interview - and this time I bought the book again in e-reader format and was pleased to find it had been slightly updated but was still full of the great strategies that had served me well on previous occasions. Even better - some of the text refers back to strategies mentioned in other chapters and now they are just a click away to jump to...

So I would say this book has paid for itself many times over (even having been purchased twice - I don't resent it). It's well written - has structured ideas and is actually applicable for more than just interviews - as the techniques are really about negotiation - which will take you far in your career if you can get it right.

Page: 1 | 2