Profile for NoddyShoulder > Reviews

Content by NoddyShoulder

NoddyShoulder (Oulu, Finland)

Page: 1 | 2
Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter, Konica AR Lens to Sony NEX (E-Mount) Camera Body, for NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5R, NEX-6 NEX-7
Offered by Fotodiox Inc. USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with the Sony a7R, 30 Aug 2014
After purchasing the new Sony a7R camera I pondered long time thinking where the heck from I'm gonna have new lenses for my new babe. Sony's own lenses are far too expensive to buy to fulfill my needs, so I came up with an idea to test my old Konica Hexanon AR lenses on the Sony a7R. I haven't even seen those AR lenses since the 80's, but finally I found my old ragged camera bag and the Good Old Konica TC camera within. And the lenses! There they were, just the way I left them there about 25 years ago, in perfect shape, as clean and spotless as ever.
So I purchased this Fotodiox adapter to put my AR lenses on the Sony a7R. The adapter works perfectly and the IQ of the lenses is amazing, sharp and vivid, especially Hexanon AR 40mm f1.8 surpassed my expectations totally. Konica's AF-lenses works via this adapter manually and that's good enough; Sony's peaking manual focus is phenomenal.
So far I have adapters for Konica, Canon EF and Nikon F lenses, and Canon FD, M42, Y/C and Leica M mounts are next on my list.
Believe me, playing with the best full frame mirrorless camera in the world and super quality vintage lenses on it is fun, really fun!

DSTE® 2pcs NP-FW50 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery + Charger DC107U for Sony Alpha 7, a7, Alpha 7R, a7R, Alpha a3000, NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6, NEX-7, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, SLT-A33, SLT-A35, SLT-A37, SLT-A55V, Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Digital Cameras
Offered by DSTE

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, 18 July 2014
Without any field testing I would say this is a good bargain. The package was OK, and the batteries charged very well. The charger was almost too tight for the original Sony battery, that's why only 4 stars.

Velbon C-600 Video Tripod with PH-368 Head
Velbon C-600 Video Tripod with PH-368 Head
Offered by HarrisonCameras

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless piece of crab, 30 Mar 2013
This totally overpriced videopod went broken at the very first use. Two sliding props cracked apart when their fasteners broke, and the handlers fastener quit doing it's job as well. I didn't buy this item from Amazon, so it's not their fault. As a friendly advice: if you need a tripod, don't buy this one!

Bosch PKS 55 Circular Saw
Bosch PKS 55 Circular Saw

1.0 out of 5 stars A huge disappointment, 17 Sep 2012
Unfortunately PKS 55 doesn't represent the same quality I've used to connect with the other Bosch's devices. There is a track for a guide rail at the bottom plate, but it's useless because of a design error. Sorry my bad english, but there is a hole on the side of the guide rail track and through the hole is penetrating a plastic edge of the angle adjuster, preventing the guide rail from gliding properly.

You may use a grinder to modify the angle adjuster, but it seems ridiculous to require people to modidy their new saw. And in addition it's almost impossible to find a decent guide rail for PKS 55 or 55 A (they have the same bottom plate), even if you fix the guide rail track first.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2012 10:10 AM GMT

Kiwifotos Lens Mount Adapter: Allows T Mount Lenses (telescopes, microscopes, enlargers, bellows units etc.) to be used on any Micro Four Thirds System Body
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars It fits just fime, 21 April 2012
I got this for my Lumix G3 and it fitted just fine. I had to buy it from German Amazon, because amazon.co.uk just didn't deliver. Normally co.uk delivers and amazon.de does not, but this time this way around. I don't know if this adapter will work, because I haven't got my telescope yet; I'm buying it from a finnish web shop. BTW, the telescope assortment in amazon.co.uk is quite poor and not so inexpensive as expected. I hope You do something about it, to get it better.

Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Black
Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 15 Sep 2011
I purchased Lowepro Nova 140 for my Lumix G3, and it appeared to be too small for my camera, 45-200mm zoom lens and a notebook or two. That space would have been a necessity, but there is no extra room for anything. It was my fault to choose a wrong bag. Otherwise this product is suitable for those, who want a handy and nice little camera bag.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2012 8:23 PM BST

Dremel Line and Circle Cutter
Dremel Line and Circle Cutter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convincing, 14 Sep 2011
I've needed it twice so far. I managed to make couple of holes in my computer case side panels, but I'm not convinced yet. It's kind of flimsy. Next time I just might use a jig saw.

Draper 13840 Carpenters Ratchet 4 Jaw
Draper 13840 Carpenters Ratchet 4 Jaw

1.0 out of 5 stars A Monday Piece, 14 Sep 2011
This was broken when I got it. No matter how tight you wrist a drill bit, it slides anyway. Or the drill bit doesn't slide, but the mechanism in the middle doesn't keep it locked. Fortunately It was so cheap that I won't bother returning it back.

Dremel Ratchet Clamps Small
Dremel Ratchet Clamps Small
Offered by RAI Technical Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 14 Sep 2011
This is a totally useless piece of plastic. Weak and rickety, non-functual what ever you planned to do with it. If you need a small cramp, any other clamp would be better. This might work as a toy, but not as a tool.

OCZ VTX3-25SAT3-240G 240GB Vertex SATA III Internal 2.5 Inch SSD
OCZ VTX3-25SAT3-240G 240GB Vertex SATA III Internal 2.5 Inch SSD

4.0 out of 5 stars Superfast, but..., 24 Jun 2011
I give only four stars, because it's a little bit unstable: the disk freezes occasionally and has given me one BSOD. I have spent a lot of time in the OCZ Forum trying to find answers to my questions, some problems have been solved, some don't. The most annoying problem has been freezing, so I tell you now: disable hibernation right away and enable (in BIOS) hot swap/hot plug to all disk ports you have, thus you avoid many swetty situations trying to figure out what's freezing the disk. Also update your firmware immediately (instructions on the OCZ Forum). I've tried to update mine but I haven't succeeded yet; the instructions won't apply in my computer and I can't figure out why not. But still, Vertex3 is a disk of my dreams: The Atto benchmark result: read 557MB/s, write 527MB/s.
Edit: After many many firmware updates it works just fine, and I can recommend it for anyone who needs a quick SSD. But I hope, that OCZ has learned it's lesson.

Page: 1 | 2