ARRAY(0xaa93057c)

Profile for Miss A. Langley > Reviews

Content by Miss A. Langley

Miss A. Langley "YorkshireMum" (Yorkshire, England)

Let's Soul Dance: Black..
Let's Soul Dance: Black..
Price: 13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, a must read!, 15 Oct 2012
This is a well researched and written book that is aimed at people who work in environments in which some degree of Physical Intervention and Restraint is needed for the safety and protection of staff and their charges, whether that is patients or customers etc. Medical personnel, care workers and security personnel (door supervisors) work in trying environments where their skills, or lack of, can lead to serious consequences including Criminal charges and Civil remedies that can be career ending and may lead to fines, imprisonment etc for the unaware - ignorance is no defence!
I recommend Mark Dawes 'Understanding Reasonable Force' as a standard text book for those professionals who are involved in the care of people with challeging behaviour and am pleased to endorse this book as a must read.

Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story with a twist, 3 Jan 2011
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I didn't know anything about this film, other than the trailers I had seen on other DVD's so when I watched it, I quickly settled into what I thought was a love story. The acting was superb, the story moved at a decent pace and built up to an ending which took me completely by surprise. This was, in fact, a story of life and how every day counts. A very powerful, entertaining and thought provoking movie, which I would highly recommend.

Goose on the Loose (Phonics Readers) (Usborne Phonics Readers)
Goose on the Loose (Phonics Readers) (Usborne Phonics Readers)
by Phil Roxbee Cox
Price: 3.74

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite book, 3 Aug 2010
Out of all of the Usborne phonics books, this is my daughter's favourite. The characters are fun and the story exciting (for a 3 year old!) My daughter has delayed speech and I have found that these books really help, the simple rhyming patterns are easy for her to follow. I would highly recommend this book, it has certainly been well read in our household.

Sister Act/Sister Act 2 - Back In The Habit [DVD] [1994]
Sister Act/Sister Act 2 - Back In The Habit [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Whoopi Goldberg
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these movies!, 20 Nov 2006
Cheesy, corny and totally daft but really enjoyable all the same! The first movie is the best of the two but both are easy to watch, fun and the music is pretty good too.

Peter Rabbit Musical Mobile
Peter Rabbit Musical Mobile

4.0 out of 5 stars Peter Rabbit Mobile, 20 Nov 2006
My 10 week old daughter loves this mobile. She smiles and chatters to the characters as they go round. It's very sturdy and colourful. The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last very long so you keep having to wind it up, plus it wakes my daughter up rather than send her to sleep but it's very useful for keeping her amused for 10 minutes or so during the day!