Profile for J. Hatt > Reviews

Fuzz One: A Bronx Childhood
Fuzz One: A Bronx Childhood
by Vincent Fedorchak

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on NY graffiti, EVER., 9 Jun. 2014
Although I wasn't massively into the 70's NY graffiti as lots of folks are, I was recommended this book by many of my friends, and I have to say it goes BEYOND anything you think it will be like. I honestly couldn't put it down. When I hand this book to people, I say 'just turn to any page, and see what you think', and they are always smiling, or saying 'whaaat?? No way!'.

Fuzz just got up to so much, at such a young age. I think it affected me doubly because I have 2 boys that are both the same age as Fuzz was when he started writing (11!!), and I thought I did some crazy graff stuff when I was a kid....but it's nowhere near as nuts as some of the scrapes he gets into - and they don't always have nice endings for poor Fuzz.

Fuzz has a very genuine, funny personality; he's quite a good raconteur, and this definitely comes across in his writing. He hasn't exactly got a PhD in English, but his writing style is very direct, and comes straight from the soul. He's the sort of guy you would have wanted to know when you were a kid. Plus, as other reviewers have said, he really does paint the picture so vividly of how New York was back then. I really think this would make an INCREDIBLE movie.

Another thing I would like to say is, if you like this book, then give Fuzz a shout on FB or whatever. I've actually had text chats with him a few times. He's a cool guy, and appreciates people liking his work. He can still rock a mean outline too.

JADELL - The Others / Rocstars.

100 UK Graffiti Artists
100 UK Graffiti Artists
by Frank Malt

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality book, 26 Jan. 2013
Frank Malt has made a very good book, pretty much all by himself, featuring high quality photos of some of the most talented active UK graffiti writers. It's a pretty thick book, hence the price tag, but it's well worth it as it contains a lot of quality artwork. Whether you're just starting out and want to get a broad look at what is happening with the fast-progressing scene, or a veteran writer of old, there is more than enough style here to fill your appetite.

Sento (On the Run (from Here to Fame Paperback))
Sento (On the Run (from Here to Fame Paperback))
by (Graffiti artist) KET

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 absolutely amazing, 7 Jun. 2010
There are lots of books out there on famous writers, but this one HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED. From his NY Subway pieces in the 80's right up to the present, Sento is absolutely one of the all-time most creative and skilled EVER. Pretty much every page will blow you away right from the word go. By the time I finished looking at everything, I actually felt physically ill.

How Do I Do?
How Do I Do?

5.0 out of 5 stars Someone buy this!, 27 Jan. 2009
This review is from: How Do I Do? (Audio CD)
Yes, please buy this album. I did try really, really, hard on it - but basically the label ran out of money and couldn't afford to market it whatsoever. Ah well. It's honestly good though. Love, Jadell....